Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Where by the way is Hilary in all of this?

Running around inside your head not paying any rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Trump at 6/1 vs 1/6 on oddschecker.com - hard to be optimistic but still not "ah screw it" level numbers.

Imagine if he did though - anything's possible in this crazy timeline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

Tony EH wrote: »
    I wonder how long it'll be before his new account gets...ahem..."closed". :pac:

Heads up, after Biden is confirmed I'll close it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Makes no difference one way or the other what anyone thinks. Twitter as a private company can do as they wish.

I think after the way things have gone with social media lately there's going to be a lot more accountability expected of social media companies, ad they know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

• Advertisement

Trump at 6/1 vs 1/6 on oddschecker.com - hard to be optimistic but still not "ah screw it" level numbers.

Imagine if he did though - anything's possible in this crazy timeline.

200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Then you're back to square one trying to get people to take you seriously with feck all posts to your name. There's a reason people tend to ignore or ridicule low postcount posters with radical opinions. Just stick with it, no need to close account after account.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,344 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Makes it pointless even engaging with you then.

kowloon wrote: »
    Then you're back to square one trying to get people to take you seriously with feck all posts to your name. There's a reason people tend to ignore or ridicule low postcount posters with radical opinions. Just stick with it, no need to close account after account.

I know, but my opinion of regular posters in threads such of these is lower. There is a handful I'd listen to though.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

It's going to be Triple H vs The Rock in 2028. Every election we move one stop closer to making Idiocracy a reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

EmBscXlXgAImEC5?format=jpg&name=medium

Time are clever - obviously heavily partisan but I think the cover they did with Trump and the pointy devil horns was genius. Claimed it was accidental, no way that got beyond the graphic designers or publishers.

MGmwfpP.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭440Hertz

The biggest risk in this is that they’ll all breath a sigh of relief, do nothing to reform systems and processes and in four years time we end up with worse than Trump. He’s blazed a trail and proved how it can be done.

The Americans aren’t good at self analysis of their own democratic systems and just go into “it’s the greatest democracy in the world” mode, no matter how much the facts don’t support that and I would include Democrats in that.

They’re steeped in exceptionalism and blind patriotism.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,221 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It's going to be Triple H vs The Rock in 2028. Every election we move one stop closer to making Idiocracy a reality.

Hmm. I'd be looking for a birth cert for the Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,750 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

POGUKEKW wrote: »
    So Usa goes round and round in circles!
    How long till it impoldes.

If Biden does actually win, they're taken a step back from the abyss.

Certainly haven't fixed everything, haven't fixed anything yet but getting Trump out after one term is a big success.

My fav tweet of the night goes

"Only way Trump gets to 270 now, is if he loses 50 lbs"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I'm jealous of Biden rocks the sunglasses

Can we please get a call soon, pretty please?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Overheal wrote: »
    suppose.

Trump has been very nervous to aides about the possibility of facing criminal indictments in January.

I feel very sorry for those poor aids who will be trying to explain to Trump why he can't pardon himself in advance before he leaves office.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,501 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Biden might not even serve the full term, he is not a young man and you imagine the stress this time will entail

Maybe we will get the first female president sooner than we think 🀔

So Trump will **** off and never be in politics again?

• Advertisement

Some dude got dressed up in a 3 piece suit, brought a pick axe to Hollywood Boulevard and destroyed Trump's star on the walk of fame.

Kudos.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,750 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

<snip>

Obama got them on the recovery after the 08 crash. A recovery which continued in a pretty much linear fashion until when he left office. The low unemployment Trump was harping on about was pretty much only as a consequence of the recovery which had been going on for 7 years under Obama.

Clinton was the only President in about 50 years, I think, who returned a budget surplus.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Biden might not even serve the full term, he is not a young man and you imagine the stress this time will entail

Maybe we will get the first female president sooner than we think &#55356;&#56340;

So Trump will **** off and never be in politics again?

Trump will be in jail.

Obama got them on the recovery after the 08 crash. A recovery which continued in a pretty much linear fashion until when he left office. The low unemployment Trump was harping on about was pretty much only as a consequence of the recovery which had been going on for 7 years under Obama.

Clinton was the only President in about 50 years, I think, who returned a budget surplus.

If Obama did so well, why did he lose the most seats of any President ever?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-lost-over-1000-seats-under-obama

"President Obama claims he could have won a third term if he had been allowed to run – but even if he's right, his coattails haven’t done much for the rest of his party.

While Obama’s tireless campaigning, broad demographic appeal and message of “hope” and “change” helped propel him to two terms in the White House, his skills on the stump haven’t translated down the ballot.

The Democratic Party suffered huge losses at every level during Obama’s West Wing tenure.

The grand total: a net loss of 1,042 state and federal Democratic posts, including congressional and state legislative seats, governorships and the presidency.

The latter was perhaps the most profound example of Obama's popularity failing to translate to support for his allies. Hillary Clinton, who served as secretary of state under Obama, brought the first family out for numerous campaign appearances. In September, Obama declared that his “legacy’s on the ballot.”"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Some dude got dressed up in a 3 piece suit, brought a pick axe to Hollywood Boulevard and destroyed Trump's star on the walk of fame.

Kudos.

Shades of pulling down the Berlin Wall after decades of darkness and oppression.

<snip>

Bit of auld spite is great, especially aimed at Donald Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump lead in Georgia now just 0.7% (30,000 votes). State's gonna flip.

We need to talk about Schumer and Pelosi. They have failed lamentably this week.

If the Dems want to get serious about building in 2022, they need younger, more dynamic, more relevant Congressional bosses. And quick.

Anything to be said for another mass?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Trump will be in jail.
    Trump will never face criminal charges or see the inside of a prison cell.

A slap on the wrist and a few fines, maybe. There is 0 appetite among the adults in the room for sending a former President to jail.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement