Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

lawred2 wrote: »
    Trump Jr is a tulip.

Lol, he is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭jaykay74

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    Trump Jr. is saying they are being kept 30 feet away from counting, that's not right.

In fairness if Jr said it was raining I would be looking out the window. You are entitled to take him on his word though if you wish but you won't take many others with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

On the current trajectory in PA it’s hard to see Biden not getting at least 500k of those remaining 800k ballots? Is that a too simplistic view?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

If Trump is so overtly corrupt in politics you can only wonder at how corrupt his business affairs were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Peregrinus wrote: »
    If Trump Jr is saying it, then it very probably isn't right. He's not a man noted for his factual accuracy.

That's fine if he's lying but if he's not there will be a cloud of illegitimacy hanging over Harris Biden like there was, and often still is, for George W. Bush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

listermint wrote: »
    Trump junior is a liar.

And Biden is an honest Man?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

In fairness it's almost like a re-run of Florida in 2000, remember the 'hanging chads'? Republican and Democrats were literally looking over the shoulders during the count from what I remember looking for things like this. Trump Jr. is saying they are being kept 30 feet away from counting, that's not right.

It is nothing like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

jaykay74 wrote: »
    In fairness if Jr said it was raining I would be looking out the window. You are entitled to take him on his word though if you wish but you won't take many others with you.

I'm following this for the entertainment value, if they can get it in court and have video evidence of it it won't be down to Trump Jr's word.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

omega man wrote: »
    On the current trajectory in PA it’s hard to see Biden not getting at least 500k of those remaining 800k ballots? Is that a too simplistic view?

Yes.

Once Biden passes Trump today he'll run away with it.

The Trump campaign, despite their nonsense, already know they have lost PA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

This is it in a nutshell. People are carrying around with them in their pockets on their handbags a portal into their lives that serves up to them abject lies and untruths everytime they unlock the screen.

There has to be research done on the unfounded fear campaigns launched via Facebook , YouTube and Twitter. There's no way this many people are picking up biden being castro from traditional news organisations. This is a relentless campaign and the funding of it needs to be traced too.

Big tech either doesn't care or is simply not setup to deal with it.

No. They care. A lot. Their entire lifeblood is based upon allowing this to continue. They sell the space. This isn't innocently sharing false claims and wacky artickes. Every button placement, design decision, look and feel of these sites is engineered to ensure this stuff spreads as quickly and as freely as possible. More shares, more people, more sales.

Someone was talking about an investigation into why the NYP article was "censored".. that is not the real story here. The grip these companies have on society needs to looked at.
    Most people still think of Google as a search tool ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

In fairness it's almost like a re-run of Florida in 2000, remember the 'hanging chads'? Republican and Democrats were literally looking over the shoulders during the count from what I remember looking for things like this. Trump Jr. is saying they are being kept 30 feet away from counting, that's not right.

Rightly so. Why should they need to be near the counting?

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Rightly so. Why do they need to be near the counting?

It is much harder to intimidate somebody from 30 feet away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Rightly so. Why should they need to be near the counting?

Given by the morons outside the count - threats and intimidation like any other acolytes of a wannabe dictatorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Peregrinus wrote: »
    No. As matters stand, even if he loses AZ, if he takes PA he wins the election.

If retains AZ, then he can win the election by taking any one of NV (where he is curerenty ahead), PA, GA, or NC.

Are you talking Biden's needs? I was referring to Trump.

- Apologies, I may have taken up the original poster wrong, too many 'he' needs to take such and such!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Bob Harris wrote: »
    If Trump is so overtly corrupt in politics you can only wonder at how corrupt his business affairs were.

He’s well known to contractors in NYC, Jersey etc for not paying bills, or racking up huge invoices and then only paying a % with a take it leave it offer and a threat of litigation if they don’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Given by the morons outside the count - threats and intimidation like any other acolytes of a wannabe dictatorship.

Its like something you'd see in a banana republic; armed thugs patrolling the streets to ensure the correct election result is achieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

If trump gets an injunction today to stop counting and the voting stopped right now, would Trump win?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

km991148 wrote: »
    No. They care. A lot. Their entire lifeblood is based upon allowing this to continue. They sell the space. This isn't innocently sharing false claims and wacky artickes. Every button placement, design decision, look and feel of these sites is engineered to ensure this stuff spreads as quickly and as freely as possible. More shares, more people, more sales.

Someone was talking about an investigation into why the NYP article was "censored".. that is not the real story here. The grip these companies have on society needs to looked at.
    Most people still think of Google as a search tool ffs.

I agree.

And I think the EU needs to start taking swift action to combat this. I think there needs to be laws drafted in to deal with the disinformation spread on platforms. Really large fines for non action. I say the EU as they are the only body large enough to start the millstone being moved. Really setting global standards

Also this is a threat to the EU too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

I'm following this for the entertainment value, if they can get it in court and have video evidence of it it won't be down to Trump Jr's word.

And all that will happen is a recount, which Trump will still lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,228 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What's happened over night, I see Biden drifting in the odds and Trump shortening. Biden still favourite by a long shot, are they getting concerned about Nevada?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I wonder if Giuliani will ever have the self awareness to look back at the end of his life and realize he could have been remembered as the man America needed and turned to in her darkest time - whereas now he is going to be mocked as a bug eyed conspiracy spouting nut job..

If trump gets an injunction today to stop counting and the voting stopped right now, would Trump win?

You can't stop counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

With the worlds conspirator in chief about to loose his job hopefully his fans will drop the "alternative facts" and "fake news' shtick.

If they stopped all counting now and called all the states as they are then trump loses.

What's happened over night, I see Biden drifting in the odds and Trump shortening. Biden still favourite by a long shot, are they getting concerned about Nevada?

Stop looking at bookies would be a start.

They'll move whatever way to ensure they get money in the door

pjohnson wrote: »
    With the worlds conspirator in chief about to loose his job hopefully his fans will drop the "alternative facts" and "fake news' shtick.

Not a chance. It's only the start and people need to start waking up and take this stuff seriously. It's not some side show . It's the main show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭Polar101

tigger123 wrote: »
    Its like something you'd see in a banana republic; armed thugs patrolling the streets to ensure the correct election result is achieved.

You wouldn't really see this kind of carry-on in most democratic countries.
    They should absolutely be condemned, but of course that won't happen, since their leader goes on about some irrelevant nonsense about BLM and Antifa.

The only thing that matters is that they count every vote according to the rules. If Trump wins after that, good for him. If not, then it's time to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

I agree.

And I think the EU needs to start taking swift action to combat this. I think there needs to be laws drafted in to deal with the disinformation spread on platforms. Really large fines for non action. I say the EU as they are the only body large enough to start the millstone being moved. Really setting global standards

Also this is a threat to the EU too.

Topic for a different thread really.. but I'm quite sure Brexit would not have happened if it wasn't for this.

It has a massive impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Smee_Again wrote: »
    He’s well known to contractors in NYC, Jersey etc for not paying bills, or racking up huge invoices and then only paying a % with a take it leave it offer and a threat of litigation if they don’t.

I was a contractor in NYC so yes this is completely true. That much so that big contractors would add 10 or 15% to the estimates as the last payment they knew they would never receive. The man is now and always has been a crook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bob Harris wrote: »

I think he's going to be in for a very wild ride in the next couple of years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement