Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

km991148 wrote: »
    His tactics are obvious at this stage. No hope or positivity. Destroy, blame, subterfuge, repeat.

The other guy, the other people, the system, the networks. Whoever or whatever, but not himself.

The quicker he goes the better. Hopefully now and not in 4 years time.

Aided by the talking heads on Fox News, they are the real disgrace some of the rhetoric they came out with last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Gervais08 wrote: »
    I wonder if Giuliani will ever have the self awareness to look back at the end of his life and realize he could have been remembered as the man America needed and turned to in her darkest time - whereas now he is going to be mocked as a bug eyed conspiracy spouting nut job..

He’s a yes man for trump and a pathetic excuse for a human being

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Polar101 wrote: »
    You wouldn't really see this kind of carry-on in most democratic countries.
    They should absolutely be condemned, but of course that won't happen, since their leader goes on about some irrelevant nonsense about BLM and Antifa.

The only thing that matters is that they count every vote according to the rules. If Trump wins after that, good for him. If not, then it's time to go.
    America isnt a democracy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Bill Maher has been saying for two years that Trump will never leave even if he loses - I can’t wait for his programme on Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭Penn

What's happened over night, I see Biden drifting in the odds and Trump shortening. Biden still favourite by a long shot, are they getting concerned about Nevada?

No the last batch of votes that came in for Arizona were more tilted in Trump's favour and slightly closed the gap there. If they continued at that rate, Trump could take Arizona.

Biden has hugely closed the gap in PA and GA though, but that's been a continuing trend so hasn't changed the odds. Trump's boost in AZ is what affected the odds.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »

You know what we mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

With the worlds conspirator in chief about to loose his job hopefully his fans will drop the "alternative facts" and "fake news' shtick.

Doubt it. This is what happens when you break/hack the systems (i.e. destabilise the media for personal gain).
    No quick recovery and certainly a long way away from fixing the genuine issues with systems.

kilns wrote: »
    Aided by the talking heads on Fox News, they are the real disgrace some of the rhetoric they came out with last night.

Commercial sensationalism is one of the existing issues that I meant in the post above (for example)..

But for some reason tho.. we love the sensationalism and don't really care about the real issues. It like we want to be manipulated really.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Penn wrote: »
    No the last batch of votes that came in for Arizona were more tilted in Trump's favour and slightly closed the gap there. If they continued at that rate, Trump could take Arizona.

Biden has hugely closed the gap in PA and GA though, but that's been a continuing trend so hasn't changed the odds. Trump's boost in AZ is what affected the odds.

The vast majority of the votes not counted in AZ are in maricopa county which is 51.4 to 47.2 for biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

km991148 wrote: »
    Commercial sensationalism is one of the existing issues that I meant in the post above (for example)..

But for some reason tho.. we love the sensationalism and don't really care about the real issues. It like we want to be manipulated really.
    Anything to take our minds of the daily covid gloom

• Advertisement

Anything to take our minds of the daily covid gloom

For 2020.. yes! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Liberalbrehon

America is a constitutional republic. It isn't a democratic country. The differences are explained in the link. True democracy would mean we are voting on issues everyday. This would be unworkable.

https://legaldictionary.net/constitutional-republic/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Only 23k in it now in Georgia.

What’s the current electoral score

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

Can anyone give a guess as to when one or all the remaining states might declare a result?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The vast majority of the votes not counted in AZ are in maricopa county which is 51.4 to 47.2 for biden.

Agreed, but it was in that county that Trump made a decent gain in the last batch according to CNN. They had previously said he'd need to get about 55% of the votes remaining in that category, and he hit that mark in the last batch.

I think it's possibly because the votes they're counting in that batch were more drop-offs at ballot boxes (ones from the day of voting) rather than mail-in ballots which will likely still favour Biden and could extend his gap again.

America is a constitutional republic. It isn't a democratic country. The differences are explained in the link. True democracy would mean we are voting on issues everyday. This would be unworkable.

https://legaldictionary.net/constitutional-republic/

Another spectacularly missing the point.

The people are given the chance to vote for the leader and other lawmakers is democratic.

Trump whining and his minions threatening meaning some people are NOT in the process - not democratic.

243-214 I think is it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,995 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

243-214 I think is it

Some reports have given him Arizona and have it at 264-214

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

243-214 I think is it

No it's not you can find it easily

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »

It is depending on which media outlet you check.

https://www.bbc.com/news

It is depending on which media outlet you check.

https://www.bbc.com/news

CNN is the one to follow. Reporting closed votes

Google has it 264

• Registered Users Posts: 33,177 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

What’s the current electoral score
    I like this map nice and clear.

https://www.theage.com.au/world/north-america/us-election-2020-results-20201102-p56ars.html

Yes but we don't know if the original question was referring to that or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

They're being almost overly cautious after 2016, even Fox News have been more loose with their callings to Biden.

Joe bye don.
    On the wireless.
    Brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Have they started distributing Kanye's transfers yet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement