Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

With any luck Biden will hit 270 today.fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I strongly believe Trump will run again for 2024. He will not let this defeat be his legacy. He cant handle it. And his support base are almost cult of personality in support of him.

As an independent maybe, GOP will distance themselves from him after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

DrPhilG wrote: »
    OK well that should be easy enough to disprove then. Giuliani was claiming that the observer wasn't allowed to set eyes on a single ballot. Presumably there will be recorded evidence to show that this is a lie.

But I wouldn't be surprised if some dead voters ballots were returned by family etc.

The question is, how much of that list of accusations does Trump need to prove in order to make any realistic claim for a dud vote?

Trump has been harping on about election fraud for months, now Giuliani and his other cronies are making up nonsense to support his claims. It's incredibly transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

indeed, getting close in Georgia although the ballot count is dwindling. I am picking up Biden will almost certainly take PA, although Trump is somewhat more prevalent than expected in the postal ballots

27K behind with about 100K votes to be counted. I cant see it happening.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

DrPhilG wrote: »
    OK well that should be easy enough to disprove then. Giuliani was claiming that the observer wasn't allowed to set eyes on a single ballot. Presumably there will be recorded evidence to show that this is a lie.

But I wouldn't be surprised if some dead voters ballots were returned by family etc.

The question is, how much of that list of accusations does Trump need to prove in order to make any realistic claim for a dud vote?

The chances of an entire vote being thrown out etc. are Zero.

If he gets a recount it *might* have a very very small impact.

If you look back at all the previous recounts there have been over the years , the change has been in the order of a few hundred votes either way.

There is simply no chance that a recount closes a gap of thousands or tens of thousands - Just absolutely none.

The legal challenges to the late arriving votes has a higher likelihood of potentially have a result changing impact.

But I'm not really seeing any real legal reasons for the courts to find in his favour on that front.

But who knows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,413 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Bookies putting him round 4/6-4-7 favourite

Specifically in Georgia? Interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

Hope to f@@k he dose not come to Ireland

no chance, Florida is his destination, which arguably is another country in the States:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,890 ✭✭✭✭Penn

My main hope at this point is that there are cameras on the people in Arizona chanting "Count the vote" the moment they hear Biden has started getting more votes again and they have to switch to shouting "Stop the vote"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,597 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Plus there will surely be a consensus that the country doesn't want another old codger in the White House.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

I strongly believe Trump will run again for 2024. He will not let this defeat be his legacy. He cant handle it. And his support base are almost cult of personality in support of him.

I have a hard time believing he will run. There was a lot of the republican party not happy that he received the nomination I cannot see them supporting him for a run in 4 years. I also cannot see him running as an independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

He might be living in a different kind of big house by then and may not be able to run for election....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

GOP don't get to decide. The voters in the primaries decide - as they did in 2016. GOP didn't want him then either!

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭sliabh 1956

On Nov.3rd 48% voted for Donald trump on that day there were over 1000 deaths and over 94000 new cases confirmed due to Co.Vid 19, that to me is the most depressing thing to come out of this election especially as he was doing everything possible to worsen the situation by his behavior and refusing to support his own CDC department. People who thought that the Pandemic and his handling of it would play a factor on how people would vote were sadly mistaken. Obivously "It is the economy stupid" was the deciding factor and Trumps promise of good times around the corner swayed the electorate to vote for him. What a sad country.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,594 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Georgia, alaska and N Carolina just havent declared but are all trump. The two boys are even ish at this point.
    Obviously you struggle with math.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

I still dont think any of those are likely to flip. Its all going to be about AZ and NV in the end

If you think Trump will hold Pennsylvania and Georgia, go to the bookies and place a bet on it, you can easily get 7/2 on Pennsylvania. But you don't really think that he will win, or that it is anyone's race. That is just wishful thinking and hopium on your behalf. If you genuinely thought that Trump would take Pennsylvania, you'd be beating down the bookies door taking the free money at 7/2.

Is there actually an official procedure for declaring a state? Most media organisations seem to be treating themselves and other media organisations as the arbiter for this. Is there not some functionary tasked with making an official declaration?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Nash Bridges

Tippex wrote: »
    I have a hard time believing he will run. There was a lot of the republican party not happy that he received the nomination I cannot see them supporting him for a run in 4 years. I also cannot see him running as an independent.

It's an interesting scenario, if he ran as an independent it would hand the election to the democrats by splitting the vote. I wonder would the GOP rather him on board?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Smee_Again wrote: »
    I stopped reading at Giuliani.

Well that was a bit silly given that my point was that Giuliani was lying in what he announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Tippex wrote: »
    Lets get all pedantic the reality is none of the states have formally declared the media have called the results. Yes its all to play for but your assessment is wide of the mark.
    In fairness look at the numbers and you can clearly see Biden is winning those states ...

Even with Biden winning, the fact that almost 50% of the US population, and more minorities voted for him now then they did in 2016, shows that calling them all racist bigots is not really gonna work anymore.

Biden will be the president of these people, how will he represent them ?

Media have been biased against him from the start, there is a lot wrong with Trump but attack him honestly, this KKK white supremacist **** is just disingenuous at best libelous and incitement at worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Odds for the remaining states for those interested (this is the best price available, via Oddschecker):

Arizona:

Biden 2/5
    Trump 2/1

Georgia:

Biden 4/6
    Trump 11/8

Nevada:

Biden 1/5
    Trump 9/2

North Carolina:

Trump 1/5
    Biden 4/1

Pennsylvania:

Biden 1/4
    Trump 7/2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

JazzyJ wrote: »
    There's always an element of some of these in any election. In Ireland I've seen voter ID not being required and people receiving multiple voting cards at different addresses. I'm sure there's probably cases of votes coming in from dead people too. It's impossible to get things 100% correct.

I'd have big issue with observers not being allowed access if this was true. But I haven't seen anything verifiable detailing this.

I have already stated I get 3 polling cards and I used my aunts after she died, so that's 4 votes I had in the last GE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Is there actually an official procedure for declaring a state? Most media organisations seem to be treating themselves and other media organisations as the arbiter for this. Is there not some functionary tasked with making an official declaration?

As per the secretary of state for Wisconsin yesterday.
    The process is count and tabulation (the tabulation in what the media go off).
    Then there is a check (I cannot remember the name she used) this check is to verify the tabulation and likely happens in the next week only then will the states formally declare the result. I seem to remember something like November the 17th being a deadline for the verification.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,594 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This now getting to the stage where it's affecting 2024.
    Democrats will remind everybody that the Republicans were against democracy when it didn't suit them.
    Trump won't listen to anybody, Republicans only course of action right now is to disown him I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I have already stated I get 3 polling cards and I used my aunts after she died, so that's 4 votes I had in the last GE.

Is that you rudi?

BrentMused wrote: »
    Odds for the remaining states for those interested (this is the best price available, via Oddschecker):

Arizona:

Biden 2/5
    Trump 2/1

Georgia:

Biden 4/6
    Trump 11/8

Nevada:

Biden 1/5
    Trump 9/2

North Carolina:

Trump 1/5
    Biden 4/1

Pennsylvania:

Biden 1/4
    Trump 7/

I'm surprised at the PA odds. That's a hell of a postal vote swing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

There is and the certified results get returned to the federal government on Dec 14

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

That would be a dream for the Democrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

BrentMused wrote: »

Arizona:

Biden 2/5
    Trump 2/1

Georgia:

Biden 4/6
    Trump 11/8

Nevada:

Biden 1/5
    Trump 9/2

North Carolina:

Trump 1/5
    Biden 4/1

Pennsylvania:

Biden 1/4
    Trump 7/2

Even Trump (well his people) doesn't seem to think he can take Nevada, meaning he needs everything else. 2 big upsets needed plus a comeback in Georgia.

• Advertisement

What exactly is going on in Arizona? I thought it had been decided for Biden?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement