Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

listermint wrote: »
    None of this is neutral hat as you made out in your opening post.

Ah ffs can people stop being so defensive?

As others have said, there will always be a small amount of voter fraud on a minor level. I'd guarantee that given a fine tooth comb, Trump can find an example of Joe Bloggs casting a vote for Biden even though Joe Bloggs died a year ago.

I'd also guarantee that Biden's team could find the same kind of carry on with the dead voting Trump.

I'm just asking what level of fraud would Trump need to uncover in order to bring the result into doubt. Because at the end of the day he can shout and scream all he wants, but he will need to prove something or its all just guff.

But feck it, you can't have a reasonable conversation in here. The Trump die hards are to busy burying their heads and the anti-Trumpers are too busy revelling in his defeat to discuss the viability of his legal assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I have already stated I get 3 polling cards and I used my aunts after she died, so that's 4 votes I had in the last GE.

It's a well known dirty little secret in Irish politics that the Voter Registration roll is an absolute mess. A recent citizen's assembly recommended that an Independent Electoral commission be formed (much like the referendum commission already in place). One of that bodies tasks would be to clean up and regulate the register.

There doesn't appear to be much evidence that any widespread fraud has occurred as a result but it's not a good look. It sounds like there's probably more fraud happening here than in the USA though given that their voter rolls are watched more closely and regularly purged of voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

There are reports of potential mishandling of ballots coming in as well (where there hasn't been appropriate bi-partisan observers), while small in numbers - some of these states are getting decided by small numbers... Its going to be a long drawn out process me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Is Biden on 243 or 253? It's being reported differently on different news sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

It's an interesting scenario, if he ran as an independent it would hand the election to the democrats by splitting the vote. I wonder would the GOP rather him on board?

If Trump ran as an independent it would cripple the Republicans since so many of the eejits would vote for him and split the red vote. I'd say an independent Trump could easily pull 10-15% of the national vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

SeaFields wrote: »
    Is Biden on 243 or 253? It's being reported differently on different news sites?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/results-president.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

I have already stated I get 3 polling cards and I used my aunts after she died, so that's 4 votes I had in the last GE.

Does it need to be pointed out to you that you shouldn't have used all four ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

DrPhilG wrote: »
    OK well that should be easy enough to disprove then. Giuliani was claiming that the observer wasn't allowed to set eyes on a single ballot. Presumably there will be recorded evidence to show that this is a lie.

But I wouldn't be surprised if some dead voters ballots were returned by family etc.

The question is, how much of that list of accusations does Trump need to prove in order to make any realistic claim for a dud vote?

Rudy is making the claim. It is up to him to provide the proof it is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

TomSweeney wrote: »
    In fairness look at the numbers and you can clearly see Biden is winning those states ...

Even with Biden winning, the fact that almost 50% of the US population, and more minorities voted for him now then they did in 2016, shows that calling them all racist bigots is not really gonna work anymore.

Biden will be the president of these people, how will he represent them ?

Media have been biased against him from the start, there is a lot wrong with Trump but attack him honestly, this KKK white supremacist **** is just disingenuous at best libelous and incitement at worst.

struggling to see how what you are saying is relevant to what I said, as it was in response to

"Georgia, alaska and N Carolina just haven't declared but are all trump. The two boys are even ish at this point."

I was pointing out to the poster that none of the states has formally declared but that their assessment was wide of the mark. (I.E. Georgia is likely to go to Biden).

What exactly is going on in Arizona? I thought it had been decided for Biden?

Fox news called it very early for Bidan, but CNN and co. did not - Pissed off Trumps camp as they knew some of strong republican counties hadn't been counted yet - while its getting closer, it still looks like Bidan will take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

It's a well known dirty little secret in Irish politics that the Voter Registration roll is an absolute mess. A recent citizen's assembly recommended that an Independent Electoral commission be formed (much like the referendum commission already in place). One of that bodies tasks would be to clean up and regulate the register.

There doesn't appear to be much evidence that any widespread fraud has occurred as a result but it's not a good look. It sounds like there's probably more fraud happening here than in the USA though given that their voter rolls are watched more closely and regularly purged of voters.

Part of the problem is people not being engaged or bothered, ive lived in my current house for 3 years and last election in Feb we were still getting 3 different polling cards for the previous owners all of which we know are alive but just haven't bothered changing their info.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Noticeable that about 98% of the actual analysis in the thread (whether that be polls, explanation of voting procedures and electoral college system, count results, explanation of how the counts are proceeding, the makeup of remaining votes) has been from the Dem/Biden side.

Whilst the other side has stuck to 'ignore the polls our guy will win', 'looking good now', 'our guy is way ahead', 'we told you so', 'MAGA', 'don't worry, hes still ahead', 'ooops, its all fraud' type soundbites which don't add a lot.

Thanks to all the people who've been explaining it anyway. Though I still have no understanding of Overheals wagon-wheel things.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

schmoo2k wrote: »
    Fox news called it very early for Bidan, but CNN and co. did not - Pissed off Trumps camp as they knew some of strong republican counties hadn't been counted yet - while its getting closer, it still looks like Bidan will take it.

Yeah and it was actually the AP calling Arizona that led to Fox saying it too.

Was far too early and easy to see why Trump would be pissed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Whatever else happens, Giuliani's 9/11 legacy is ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

What exactly is going on in Arizona? I thought it had been decided for Biden?

Nope Fox (Since early wed morning) and AP have given it to Biden but CNN have refused to give it and still state it's too close to call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I’m not yet feeling assured of a Biden win. If Arizona goes Trump, then things become trickier. There are too many assumptions for my liking currently. When I went to sleep yesterday morning, all the odds were in Trump’s favour only for that to have flipped six hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

It interesting that the next 4 years are being almost written off and 2024 is the real battle for what is going.

Funny that FOX and other Trump backers are already withdrawing from him, politics really is rough in the US, the almighty dollar is the only thing that counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Strong words from Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZljeHmIaiy0&feature=emb_logo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

I’m not yet feeling assured of a Biden win. If Arizona goes Trump, then things become trickier. There are too many assumptions for my liking currently. When I went to sleep yesterday morning, all the odds were in Trump’s favour only for that to have flipped six hours later.

Biden will win PA comfortably so even if it drags out he's won it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

You need one more vote, or you're not quite over the himpy.

In fairness I have told them to stop sending them many times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

What you did is election fraud, plain and simple. The onus is on the individual to vote once and once only - showing personal responsibility in doing do. What you have done is equivalent to walking into a shop where there is no staff or security to be seen and stealing just because you can.

8-10 wrote: »
    Yeah and it was actually the AP calling Arizona that led to Fox saying it too.

Was far too early and easy to see why Trump would be pissed

Fox called it well before AP announced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I’m not yet feeling assured of a Biden win. If Arizona goes Trump, then things become trickier. There are too many assumptions for my liking currently.

Imagine Biden wins Georgia here and nothing else (so he also doesn't get Maine 2, which CNN haven't projected for him yet though Fox have given him it)

If Trump loses Georgia but wins NV, AZ, PA, NC and Maine 2, guess where we are:

269 v 269

I'm hoping CNN call Maine 2 for Biden soon so we don't have to think about that scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Yeah it's still far too close to call, but many are calling it. It's a type of hopium.

Biden is favoured, but by no means is it a "certainty" or "foregone conclusion". Trump could still take this and people need to realise that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

mariaalice wrote: »
    Funny that FOX and other Trump backers are already withdrawing from him, politics really is rough in the US, the almighty dollar is the only thing that counts.

Murdoch has decided Trump is finished it seems, without Fox he's nowhere.

Unless the most looney guys like Carlson & Hannity break away from Fox to create their own channel! But they won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

As per this morning, this is how it stands in the remaining states:

State % Votes left to count (est.) #Votes left to count Current margin Current leader
    Georgia 2% 100,000 +22,567 Trump
    North Carolina 6% 348,000 +76,701 Trump
    Pennsylvania 11% 784,000 +164,418 Trump
    Nevada 25% 398,000 +7,647 Biden
    Alaska 50% 191,000 +54,610 Trump

mariaalice wrote: »
    It interesting that the next 4 years are being almost written off and 2024 is the real battle for what is going.

I would have genuine concerns of Biden lasting the four years (medical grounds), which won't be a good look coming into 2024 (why oh why do the democrats do this to themselves).

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

8-10 wrote: »
    Imagine Biden wins Georgia here and nothing else (so he also doesn't get Maine 2, which CNN haven't projected for him yet though Fox have given him it)

If Trump loses Georgia but wins NV, AZ, PA, NC and Maine 2, guess where we are:

269 v 269

I'm hoping CNN call Maine 2 for Biden soon so we don't have to think about that scenario

in that scenario then the House votes to decide who is the president. the Dems have a majority in the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

This is all just building up to the mother of all meltdowns. Its going to be EPIC!! There is NO WAY Trump would lose to a man like Biden. Yes it is close but like I have said for months, Trump will win. I personally have not flinched.... Again I am exposed to RTE, youd swear Biden had it in the bag the way their going on its hilarious :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Well that was a bit silly given that my point was that Giuliani was lying in what he announced.

He lies about everything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement