Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Real Life wrote: »
    I see a lot of people making accusations of Biden being a Pedophile, what is this based on? I can't find any credible source online, can anyone show me where to find the information, I genuinely would like to know if its true.

Also why does it not matter to people that the other guy was one of Jeffrey Epsteins best friends?

This has been done to death on the threads where trump supporters reference images where it seems Biden is smelling girls hair but then completely ignore everything else with regards to the Epstein allegations and the other court cases (rape claims etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,177 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

8-10 wrote: »
    And the Senate pick the Vice President!

There's also the issue of the people who actually cast the electoral college votes ignoring the public vote and voting their own conscience
    I don't think EC are allowed to do that anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

We know how some groups acted when Hillary lost. We know there are some groups preparing for violence when Trump wins. The (IMO) false narritive of Biden on the verge of winning being perpetuated by the mainstream media is building false hope among these groups. They will react violently when Biden loses. Itll be worse if the result is not known for some time.

Honestly thought this was a post from a few weeks ago rather than earlier this morning.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I see a lot of people making accusations of Biden being a Pedophile, what is this based on? I can't find any credible source online, can anyone show me where to find the information, I genuinely would like to know if its true.

Also why does it not matter to people that the other guy was one of Jeffrey Epsteins best friends?

It's a conspiracy group called QAnon.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

schmoo2k wrote: »
    First I heard of it - where are these "lots of people"?

Theres already been a few comments in this thread and Ive seen a good few comments on Facebook, but no evidence to back any claims up. Im just wondering how its something that's circulating or what they are basing it on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Comment needs more capital letters and exclamation marks for veracity.

His spelling and punctuation, (or lack thereof), are on point though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,177 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Give over. A guy who's going to win wouldn't say 'stop counting the votes!'
    Unless he wants a recount as he lost lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Give over. A guy who's going to win wouldn't say 'stop counting the votes!'

Thats not what Trump said so those quotes be fake news!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

What's going on in Georgia & Penn - has counting stopped for the night? Or are they planning a big dump of votes?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This is all just building up to the mother of all meltdowns. Its going to be EPIC!! There is NO WAY Trump would lose to a man like Biden. Yes it is close but like I have said for months, Trump will win. I personally have not flinched.... Again I am exposed to RTE, youd swear Biden had it in the bag the way their going on its hilarious :)

giphy.gif

Dude, Trump has lost - just give it up :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

You're right, one should completely distrust the mainstream media and tune into Fox News for the alternative facts.

Dont tell him Fox have already called Arizona and so he only needs Nevada which is an almost certainty

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Actually maybe someone living in the states can correct this but what I read was the house decides but votes in state blocks and that that would actually suit the republicans. I don't think it'll actually come up but...

You are correct - It's a State by State vote , so the House majority in each state cast a single vote.

As it stand the GOP have the edge 26-24 in terms of State level control.

So if it ends 269-269 Trump wins, as the under the specific rules for this scenario the GOP control both votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

you do realise he sued some states to try and stop them counting votes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

If Biden wins with Arizona and Nevada it is going to be a really dirty battle.

It would need to be, as it would involve Trump having to somehow alter the fundamentals of mathemathics and somehow make 268 greater than 270.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

"We'll be going to the US Supreme Court. We want all voting to stop."

Theres already been a few comments in this thread and Ive seen a good few comments on Facebook, but no evidence to back any claims up. Im just wondering how its something that's circulating or what they are basing it on?

Meh I wouldn't worry about Boards + Facebook sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

kidchameleon an obvious troll, stop falling for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭Panrich

Boggles wrote: »
    Arizona is definitely still in play.

Called way too soon by Fox News.

Biden is favorite, but Trump squeezing some votes in some counties.

When I went to bed it was roughly 1,411,000 for Biden to 1,318,000 for Trump, a lead of 93,000

I now see that it is 1,469,000 to 1,401,000 rounded to the nearest 1,000.

So overnight, it looks like Biden has added 58,000 and Trump has added 90,000.

That is roughly a 61%-39% split in favour of Trump.

CNN were showing that there are still roughly 400,000 votes left to count. If Trump gets 60% of those left, that gives him an 80,000 swing and he's only 68,000 behind.

It looks all to play for as Biden needs more than 41% of the remaining votes to win.

TLDR: It looks very tight in AZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

sorry, "slow down the testing please!"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The Trump campaign team is trying to get some states to stop counting, where he is ahead, and to continue counting where he is behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Its fairly pathetic and amusing seeing the Trump campaign back peddling and scrambling around for a solution that they won't get.

You know the game is up when they send out the religious nutters to pray for victory on TV.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

kilns wrote: »
    Dont tell him Fox have already called Arizona and so he only needs Nevada which is an almost certainty

Fox definitely called Arizona early - There was a mistake earlier in the night yesterday that had said that Arizona had counted ~93% of the vote or so and Fox called it on that basis.

However , it turned out that they had only actually counted ~80% of the vote at that point so it was too early to make a definitive call, but I think they'll still be right in the end though.

The consensus opinion seems to be that the outstanding ballots are likely to favour Biden so Trump is struggling to close the gap , but it will be very close.

campo wrote: »

Actually I haven't seen any law suites yet - do you have some links? I am expecting some in the coming days though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

Is there actually an official procedure for declaring a state? Most media organisations seem to be treating themselves and other media organisations as the arbiter for this. Is there not some functionary tasked with making an official declaration?

Yes. Each state has an electoral commission, whose head announces the offficial result.

It's standard for the media in many democracies, Ireland included, to declare their opinion of the outcome in advance of the official results being announced.

Where would media coverage of any Irish election or referendum be without frequent updates of unofficial vote taĺlies?

campo wrote: »

WRT to the quote, he said he wanted stop new votes after the polling closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

I wouldn’t write Trumper off yet. You don’t get to be a billionaire without pulling shady sh1t along the way

• Registered Users Posts: 56,497 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Biden was 14-1 on last night and is now 6-1 on

kilns wrote: »
    "We'll be going to the US Supreme Court. We want all voting to stop."

Thats better - big difference between stopping voting (after the polls are closed) and stopping the vote counting!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

What did he say then, and what did he mean?

"Counting stop the votes"?

"Votes the stop counting"?

"The counting votes stop"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I wouldn’t write Trumper off yet. You don’t get to be a billionaire without pulling shady sh1t along the way

A concern I would have is that even if Trump loses he sets up his own propaganda news station and spends 4 years dividing the country even further for another shot at the job. I wish him and his horrible family would just f**k off if he loses.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement