Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Panrich wrote: »
    It looks all to play for as Biden needs more than 41% of the remaining votes to win.

TLDR: It looks very tight in AZ.

41% should be comfortably achievable for Biden as the bulk of outstanding votes are in Maricopa/Pima counties (leaning heavily democrat) and I assume they're postal votes (leaning heavily democrat).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

schmoo2k wrote: »
    Actually I haven't seen any law suites yet - do you have some links? I am expecting some in the coming days though!

What do you mean?

You haven't seen any where exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Trumps spiritual advisor praying for a Trump victory. Definitely not mad.

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1324175651515949056?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Actually I haven't seen any law suites yet - do you have some links? I am expecting some in the coming days though!

Theres suits in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan and Wisconsin from what ive heard

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

gmisk wrote: »
    I don't think EC are allowed to do that anymore

In the majority of states they can't but some states dont have any laws to prevent it. even for those with laws against it there are no penalties for doing so. The electors are picked by the parties though so instances are rare.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Thats better - big different between stopping voting (after the polls are closed) and stopping the vote counting!!!

Voting had already stopped though and it was something like 4am in the morning. Nobody was voting, all they were doing was counting votes.

What did he possibly mean other than to stop counting votes?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,221 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

robinph wrote: »
    What did he say then, and what did he mean?

"Counting stop the votes"?

"Votes the stop counting"?

"The counting votes stop"?

Fabulous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Its certainly advantage Biden at the moment. But I dont fully subscribe to the idea that its game over for Trump. He can still win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Has there been a constitutional amendment to stop the Electoral College delegates voting how they want? My understanding is that they can vote for anyone they want, although there is an agreement they should follow the popular vote. I think when it was set up there weren’t even parties as such and the Electoral College could put forward whoever they thought would make a good president. The popular vote was to pick a person with good judgement who the majority felt was competent and impartial enough to select the right person for president.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

"We'll be going to the US Supreme Court. We want all voting to stop."

Which IMO was about the votes that arrive after Nov 3 which some states allow?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

I wouldn’t write Trumper off yet. You don’t get to be a billionaire without pulling shady sh1t along the way

in fairness i think it's Bidens camp pulling shady stuff up and down the country. IF he wins by cheating he'll be a lame duck president.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Drumpot wrote: »
    A concern I would have is that even if Trump loses he sets up his own propaganda news station and spends 4 years dividing the country even further for another shot at the job. I wish him and his horrible family would just f**k off if he loses.

I wouldn't be concerned. He'll run that into the ground like all his businesses and the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Trump acting like a 3rd world dictator,

If you get beat accept it and walk away ,even if you think your cheated let the lads have look at things and see if there is anything to it, No need what so ever to be spouting absolute nonsense on twitter,

The worst thing about this is that he is a reflection of America and what it has become

Absolute sh*t show and that without even getting into the issues the Dem's have themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fairly handy state of play from the Guardian.

Arizona: 11 electoral votes
    Called for Biden by AP and Fox News, but seems still in play.
    Biden leads 50.5-48.1, with 86% counted.
    Trump needs to win nearly two-thirds of the remaining votes.
    Next update: Expected Thursday night local time (that’s late in the UK).

Georgia: 16 electoral votes
    Toss-up
    Trump leads 49.6–49.1, with 95% counted
    Biden needs to win 60% of remaining votes, many coming from Democrat areas.
    Next update: Secretary of state says they hope to have results today

Nevada: 6 electoral votes
    Toss-up but leans Biden
    Biden leads 49.3-48.7, with 86% counted
    The lead is fewer than 8,000 but remaining mail-in expected to skew Democrat.
    Result expected noon ET/5pm UK

North Carolina: 15 electoral votes
    Toss-up but leans Trump
    Trump leads 50.1-48.7, with 95% counted
    Biden needs two-thirds of mail-in ballots to go his way
    Mail ballots still accepted if they arrive by 12 November, so could be a long wait for certainty.

Pennsylvania: 20 electoral votes
    Toss-up
    Trump leads 50.7-48.1. 89% of vote in
    Most votes yet to be counted are in strong Democratic urban areas
    Result expected Friday, but already subject to Trump legal challenges over mail-in ballots being counted which are postmarked on election day or before, but arrive after 3 November. Trump wants them tossed out.

Michigan: 16 electoral votes
    Called for Biden. The Trump campaign is suing to halt counting of mail-in ballots

Wisconsin: 10 electoral votes
    Called for Biden
    Biden’s lead is 49.4-48.8.
    If the winning margin is less than 1%, then Trump is entitled to a recount, which the campaign say they will demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

I think that was for mail in ballots where there was no agreement they had to be postmarked before or on the day of the election itself. PA are counting votes no matter when they were posted, so people who didn’t bother voting and see the election going the ‘wrong’ way can decide to vote after the election is officially over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

in fairness i think it's Bidens camp pulling shady stuff up and down the country. IF he wins by cheating he'll be a lame duck president.

Example?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Trump acting like a 3rd world dictator,

If you get beat accept it and walk away ,even if you think your cheated let the lads have look at things and see if there is anything to it, No need what so ever to be spouting absolute nonsense on twitter,

The worst thing about this is that he is a reflection of America and what it has become

Absolute sh*t show and that without even getting into the issues the Dem's have themselves

We knew this was going to be the case though if it was close/he lost. He'll be gone soon anyway. A crushing blow to the global far right and conspiraloons.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Voting had already stopped though and it was something like 4am in the morning. Nobody was voting, all they were doing was counting votes.

I think he actually meant to stop counting votes I nthe middle of the night without Republican officials present to make sure they where valid votes,

But of course he is absolute awful at getting any point across in a an articulated manner, and because of previous people will straight away take it the worst way ,

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

evidence for that please?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Trump says there is fraud. What exactly does he mean? I’ve not seen anything explain what he means by this. How does he know and in what way was their fraud?

I know he’s only saying it because it looks like the democratic process is not looking like it’s suiting him, but how do people who are latching onto this narrative believe it? Like, do they hear Trump say it and just believe it? Do they even understand why postal ballots would be more from democrats? It’s not that hard to work out why postal votes are more democratic. Even some of the counties that are being counted are more democrat areas. How is that difficult to grasp?

• Advertisement

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    I think that was for mail in ballots where there was no agreement they had to be postmarked before or on the day of the election itself. PA are counting votes no matter when they were posted, so people who didn’t bother voting and see the election going the ‘wrong’ way can decide to vote after the election is officially over.

But only up until Friday - some other states allow similar, but they have all been called, so PA is the only one of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

"We'll be going to the US Supreme Court. We want all voting to stop."

Which IMO was about the votes that arrive after Nov 3 which some states allow?

If you saw his speech you would have been able to translate his usual incoherent talking into, he wanted the counting stopped. He didnt want more sackloads of legal mailed ballots arriving at the count centres for counting as evidenced in his futher tweets

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Oh look, we have to decipher what he "really meant" yet again.

What a communicator!

We know how some groups acted when Hillary lost. We know there are some groups preparing for violence when Trump wins. The (IMO) false narritive of Biden on the verge of winning being perpetuated by the mainstream media is building false hope among these groups. They will react violently when Biden loses. Itll be worse if the result is not known for some time.

Antifa were planning to riot and destroy property regardless of the result.

Highly recommend people take a look at the Twitter feed of Andy Ngo. He posts videos of Antifa's activities. It's grim stuff. If Trump supporters did half the violence these guys did then it would be all over CNN for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Evidence of this 'shady stuff' please? Thanks

Also I thought 'Skullduggery' was the official Trump word for imaginary fraud?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

They did it in 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

in fairness i think it's Bidens camp pulling shady stuff up and down the country.

Examples, or are you just throwing **** at a wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

There's no evidence whatsoever of Biden's camp pulling shady stuff anywhere. This is the type of garbage Trump has been laying the groundwork for in the event he lost the vote and his supporters are lapping it up, just like all the other divisive garbage he spews.

Drumpot wrote: »
    Trump says there is fraud. What exactly does he mean? I’ve not seen anything explain what he means by this. How does he know and in what way was their fraud?

I know he’s only saying it because it looks like the democratic process is not looking like it’s suiting him, but how do people who are latching onto this narrative believe it? Like, do they hear Trump say it and just believe it? Do they even understand why postal ballots would be more from democrats? It’s not that hard to work out why postal votes are more democratic. Even some of the counties that are being counted are more democrat areas. How is that difficult to grasp?

Just Trump being a gob****e as usual - what comes out of his mouth and reality have very little in common.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,597 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

in fairness i think it's Bidens camp pulling shady stuff up and down the country.

Well if the white Jesus thinks that that's case closed as far as I'm concerned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement