Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

I'd rather this end quickly one way or another. Hopefully Trump sees sense and accepts the result within a couple of weeks.

However why is nobody talking about how Wisconsin had more votes counted than it had registered voters? That to me seems odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'm cutious to know how long a Trump callenge can actually take. The new president usually gets sworn in mid-January - can this be resolved by then? Taking into account Christmas will shut thigns down for a couple of weeks.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Evidence of this 'shady stuff' please? Thanks

Also I thought 'Skullduggery' was the official Trump word for imaginary fraud?

In fairness, that's a long word. Doubtful Trump came up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Drumpot wrote: »
    Trump says there is fraud. What exactly does he mean? I’ve not seen anything explain what he means by this. How does he know and in what way was their fraud?

I know he’s only saying it because it looks like the democratic process is not looking like it’s suiting him, but how do people who are latching onto this narrative believe it? Like, do they hear Trump say it and just believe it? Do they even understand why postal ballots would be more from democrats? It’s not that hard to work out why postal votes are more democratic. Even some of the counties that are being counted are more democrat areas. How is that difficult to grasp?

With main in ballots where they were posted to everyone, people can vote in person and can now post in a separate ballot on the day or the day after. Trump’s team are worried that the election will be called or he will be forced to concede before these can be verified to be unique and not duplicate ballots.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,597 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

However why is nobody talking about how Wisconsin had more votes counted than it had registered voters?

Because it didn't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I'd rather this end quickly one way or another. Hopefully Trump sees sense and accepts the result within a couple of weeks.

However why is nobody talking about how Wisconsin had more votes counted than it had registered voters? That to me seems odd.

Is there a government source with this info or is it made up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

py2006 wrote: »
    Example?

Think best to ignore these type of posts. They have zero evidence apart from Trump and his side throwing their toys put of the pram.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

kilns wrote: »
    If you saw his speech you would have been able to translate his usual incoherent talking into, he wanted the counting stopped. He didnt want more sackloads of legal mailed ballots arriving at the count centres for counting as evidenced in his futher tweets

Was watching it live and he as delayed by about 20 mins while they put his script up on the teleprompter - which he read for a change... I do think the "message" and "words" were out of sync - but its Trump - remember you can't even go "straight to the supreme court" when its a state law and not a federal one, you have to start at the state level first....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

This was already debunked.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

schmoo2k wrote: »
    "We'll be going to the US Supreme Court. We want all voting to stop."

Which IMO was about the votes that arrive after Nov 3 which some states allow?

Rubbish.

If they were counting the votes at 4am on the 4th then it had arrived on the 3rd.

Nothing in what he said to suggest he was on about not counting the post that hadn't yet been delivered to the counting centres? You are just reimagining what he said to attempt to make it sound just slightly sensible.

He was calling for the counting to stop, not for the postal service to stop delivering tomorrows post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Definitely shenanigans in this elections :) Likely on both sides - its so so divisive some "hero" will try something stupid to get their team to win.

Apparently you can register on the day in America, so that might explain the above - someone will investigate it anyways.

Edit: and they already have - its comparing 2020 to 2018 registered voters so inaccurate https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/wisconsin-more-votes-than-voters/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

huge turnout for biden among the dead community

huge turnout for Trump among the brain-dead community. :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    Has there been a constitutional amendment to stop the Electoral College delegates voting how they want? My understanding is that they can vote for anyone they want, although there is an agreement they should follow the popular vote. I think when it was set up there weren’t even parties as such and the Electoral College could put forward whoever they thought would make a good president. The popular vote was to pick a person with good judgement who the majority felt was competent and impartial enough to select the right person for president.

Some states have put in specific laws to prevent faithless electors.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Down to 19k in Georgia.

With main in ballots where they were posted to everyone, people can vote in person and can now post in a separate ballot on the day or the day after. Trump’s team are worried that the election will be called or he will be forced to concede before these can be verified to be unique and not duplicate ballots.

But only in states leaning Democrat?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Any fake videos today?

Graham wrote: »
    Some states have put in specific laws to prevent faithless electors.

Yeah, that’s why I was wondering could the electors not say these laws infringe on their constitutional right to vote for their own preference?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

If there is widespread voter fraud then that is saying the American voting system is open to fraud. That puts America in the same camp as some banana republic full of corruption.

Is that really the message Trump wants to put out after he has been in power for four years. If American elections can't be trusted it would be the fault of those in power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Drumpot wrote: »
    Trump says there is fraud. What exactly does he mean? I’ve not seen anything explain what he means by this. How does he know and in what way was their fraud?

I know he’s only saying it because it looks like the democratic process is not looking like it’s suiting him, but how do people who are latching onto this narrative believe it? Like, do they hear Trump say it and just believe it? Do they even understand why postal ballots would be more from democrats? It’s not that hard to work out why postal votes are more democratic. Even some of the counties that are being counted are more democrat areas. How is that difficult to grasp?

You can see the "thought process" over here: https://thedonald.win/

Some of them discussing last night that this was Trump's plan all along, to expose fraud. And people were like, but why didn't he just win it? Well then he couldn't expose the fraud. :P

Some of this often filters in here from Trump fans. It's absolutely bonkers IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Now there's an interesting accusation - I suppose you have proof of it? Should be easy enough and a definite cause for investigation.

Looks like yet another false claim to me:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/nov/04/tweets/no-wisconsin-doesnt-have-more-ballots-cast-registe/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

joe40 wrote: »
    If there is widespread voter fraud then that is saying the American voting system is open to fraud. That puts America in the same camp as some banana republic full of corruption.

Is that really the message Trump wants to put out after he has been in power for four years. If American elections can't be trusted it would be the fault of those in power.

There is no voter fraud. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

Graham wrote: »
    But only in states leaning Democrat?

Where the results are extremely close enough to allow small amounts of voters chancing their arm voting in person ‘forgetting’ they asked the husband or wife to post their ballot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Its amazing how Trump supporters don't care about the Republicans/Trump openly engaging in Gerrymandering and voter suppression for years now. Its interesting how when they cheat they choose to ignore it, and instead engage in fantasy's about the other guy.

The open display of support for Trumps facist attempt to rig the election is some what astonishing. They have 0 proof of any wrong doing and yet trying to play the victim. Its pretty messed up imo.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Hahahahaha

https://giphy.com/gifs/southparkgifs-3oz8xBwn8AU6Bp1hKM

Unlucky pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

Total Number of votes in Wisconsin- 3.2m

Total number of registered voters on 1st November - 3.7m

You can look that information up yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,597 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

joe40 wrote: »

Is that really the message Trump wants to put out after he has been in power for four years.

You really think he cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Latest results from Georgia shows Trumps lead has got smaller again

Looking like momentum with Biden to take it and therefore the White House

Because it didn't happen.

I just googled it and am a bit ashamed to have fallen for that now. What sick mind sat down and concocted something like that when it can be easily disproved?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

schmoo2k wrote: »
    Just Trump being a gob****e as usual - what comes out of his mouth and reality have very little in common.

I just don’t know how educated people can just follow this trail of through without any sort of critical thinking on it.

I think of Trump like a cheating partner who accuses their own partner of cheating if they seem them even talk with the opposite sex. Their insecurity’s and paranoia actually stems from what they themselves are capable of doing.

Trunk doesn’t have an ethical or moral standard that most normal people learn growing up. In many regards he does represent everything you’d expect from a child who got everything they wanted growing up, inherited everything they have and turned into an egotistical man child. It’s not so much him people are drawn to, it’s the fake “successful” brand he’s built from his inheritance and other backers who want to see the US divided.

• Advertisement

Yeah, that’s why I was wondering could the electors not say these laws infringe on their constitutional right to vote for their own preference?

Already found to be in accordance with the constitution.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement