Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Wow, that's a leap.

Joe Biden gonna turn your kids transgender!! :pac::pac:

Call out bull**** on the internet means I am supporting child abuse.. and people are confused about 60+ million people voting trump..

With this sort of logic.. I am surprised that it wasn't a landslide for Trump..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

how TF is this ****show not over yet? i think trump would have lost a fair few supporters yesterday with his behavior. if you have something concrete, go to the courts. if you dont have anything, accept defeat graciously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

elefant wrote: »
    What did you mean about the stuff going on in Detroit?

already answered try keep up with the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

walshb wrote: »
    There are his cult fans who will always vote for him.

But there are also a large amount who are voting him because they feel nothing for Biden..

This would not be the case if Biden was truly a strong and empowering and charismatic candidate!

You may be right but for me Trump is such a divisive and controversial figure, i find it hard to imagine anyone who is not a Trump acolyte, or a staunch republican would look at the two candidates and reach the conclusion Biden is a bit boring I'll go with Trump again.

I actually really dislike the importance of personality in our politicians. Personally I would take a boring competent politician any day. I know leadership is important, but I like Biden's approach. I thought his speech yesterday was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

BLM, Antifa, etc, the worst riots in US history, Portland's 100 days of protests, all under Donald Trump.

The US is probably more divided and partisan than ever over the past 4 year.

This really left college campuses and niche areas of the internet to go mainstream in 2014-2015, they were already causing trouble well before Trump won the election. Obama spoke out against the growing extremism and 'cancel culture' before he left office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

67 million people voting against the moral decay increasing the rate at which that empire collapses, biden is hardly a trot but he has aligned himself with many who back the moral decay movements like BLM, transgender kids, antifa, the rapid spread of islam etc... bidens america will be even more divided, but between those who want to actually slow americas fall and those who want to plunge it into full degeneracy.

Trump, a bulwark against moral decay? I suppose his own personal behavior is excused.

What was Trump about beyond getting up the noses of the "libs"? Not much really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Just to get it straight in my own head.

North Carolina and Alaska will be won by Trump - along with 1 of the 4 EC votes in Maine taking him to 232

Pennsylvania - Trump is 165,000 ahead, 11% of the count remaining (780,000 votes). Biden expected to gain but needs 61%+ of the remaining votes which seems likely. If he wins it, it's all over (pending legal challenges)

Arizona - Trump is almost 70,000 behind but is gaining ground fast. with 14% left to count (460,000 votes or so).

Nevada - Biden 7,500 or so ahead also with 14% (190,000 votes) left to count. Expecting a decisive update at around 6pm Irish time

Georgia - Trump ahead by 18,500. Biden is gaining but only 4% (200,000 votes) left to go. Biden needs to win about two-thirds of remaining votes to take the state.

My prediction - Biden wins 295 to 243 and Trump might as well not bother with legal challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

joe40 wrote: »
    You may be right but for me Trump is such a divisive and controversial figure, i find it hard to imagine anyone who is not a Trump acolyte, or a staunch republican would look at the two candidates and reach the conclusion Biden is a bit boring I'll go with Trump again.

I actually really dislike the importance of personality in our politicians. Personally I would take a boring competent politician any day. I know leadership is important, but I like Biden's approach. I thought his speech yesterday was brilliant.

Yeah me too. It was, dare I say it, Presidential.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭Polar101

MadYaker wrote: »
    How is he a weak candidate? 70 million votes and counting. Trump has increased his vote share from 2016 and Biden is still beating him. If you’d offered that to the democrats that a year or two ago they’d have taken it in a heartbeat.

I feel he's too old, and his campaign seemed just to be "I'm not Trump". I'm surprised they couldn't find anyone better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    This really left college campuses and niche areas of the internet to go mainstream in 2014-2015, they were already causing trouble well before Trump won the election. Obama spoke out against the growing extremism and 'cancel culture' before he left office.

And has Donald Trump (the king of doublespeak, fake news, lies, deception and character assassination) made the situation better or worse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

no need to be a di(k.. the thread is all over the place and growing fast..

Would you kindly help us out and say what post?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

A few people have asked, and all you've responded to since your post was:

'if you are following the election you will know i'm not here to educate you, but it was live on sky for hours last night'

It would be helpful if people knew what you were talking about in a discussion.

Sure you can say that about any election. If there's proof, then votes should be checked and recounted.

No one is promoting voter fraud, but stopping counts in states you're losing and using some Tweet as evidence of fraud is nonsense.

It's like the justice system, it has to be transparent and open to scrutiny. You can't just say 'I didn't hear about fraud so none must have occurred' they have to be able to say it was carefully scrutinised and no major fraud or selective practices was discovered. Otherwise you might as well have elections like in Iraq where Saddam used to get 99-100% of the vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Trump, a bulwark against moral decay? I suppose his own personal behavior is excused.

What was Trump about beyond getting up the noses of the "libs"? Not much really.

with his bulk he might make a useful bulwark against a flood but against moral decay? definitely not.

Yeah me too. It was, dare I say it, Presidential.

It was well written for him that's for sure

And has Donald Trump (the king of doublespeak, fake news, lies, deception and character assassination) made the situation better or worse?

I think the most vocal and influential people on both sides have made the situation worse. That includes Trump, the Democrats, social media, cable TV and especially YouTube and Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

What is the delay on these counts? Are they all being challenged / stopped etc. AZ was first called for Biden around the time of Florida

• Registered Users Posts: 23,795 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

67 million people voting against the moral decay increasing the rate at which that empire collapses, biden is hardly a trot but he has aligned himself with many who back the moral decay movements like BLM, transgender kids, antifa, the rapid spread of islam etc... bidens america will be even more divided, but between those who want to actually slow americas fall and those who want to plunge it into full degeneracy.

This really is a hard time for Trump fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's like the justice system, it has to be transparent and open to scrutiny. You can't just say 'I didn't hear about fraud so none must have occurred' they have to be able to say it was carefully scrutinised and no major fraud or selective practices was discovered. Otherwise you might as well have elections like in Iraq where Saddam used to get 99-100% of the vote.

And that's what's happening. Each state has their own agreed processes for transparency, oversight and vote monitoring, and there has been no suggestion that any state has broken those processes. What Trump supporters are claiming is that they're not being allowed to do things that they're not actually allowed to do in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

What is the delay on these counts? Are they all being challenged / stopped etc. AZ was first called for Biden around the time of Florida

armed trump protesters in AZ apparently shouting "let us in" to the counting offices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,177 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

km991148 wrote: »
    Incidentally - talking about Morality and trump.. holy sh!t thats messed up..

I could understand the Trump vote in 16 - tough talking business man etc.. but to vote him in as a saviour of morality is beyond delusional.
    https://youtu.be/YrS3QIfw_LQ
    Pete Buttigieg did an amazing as usual on fox news pointing out the joke of Pence hitching his wagon to Trump as if he is some bastion of conservative morality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

It was well written for him that's for sure

You say that like its an insult for Biden to have hired a decent speechwriter.

Had Trump done the same and been able to stick to what was written he probably would have won.

That's another massive leap.

Voting is transparent and open to scrutiny, just maybe not to those loons who are trying to storm the voting office in Detroit.

If there's an accusation of fraud, there must be evidence of fraud. Where's the evidence? A tweet from some randomer is not evidence.
    The US has an office which controls and monitors elections. Let them and independent reviews look at the evidence when the dust settles. Don't stop the counting halfway through when you're not happy with the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Some outlets called AZ early for Biden. Even though he's still in the lead, Trump still has a chance to overtake him and the last update showed he still could, so AZ shouldn't have been called so early.

As for the delay in general, a lot of the votes being counted now are mail in, so there are more things to be checked in terms of matching signatures, opening/checking envelopes etc. They're also mostly from the most populous areas so more votes to be counted.

Plus it's about 7am on the east coast at the minute, so some areas stopped counting for the night and will be continuing again soon.

joe40 wrote: »

I think Biden failed to capitalise on Trump's flaws because he's almost a non-person. IMO voters didn't give Biden a landslide because he lacks any sense of conviction, principles, charisma, grit and stamina to do what he was elected to do rather than what the loudest radicals and upstarts in the Democrats want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

pjohnson wrote: »
    This really is a hard time for Trump fans.

Thing about it is that the rhetoric has got increasingly more nasty as well.

Don't understand why Trump fans can't debate without the stupid petty generalisations, conspiracy theories and downright nasty attacks.

I think Biden failed to capitalise on Trump's flaws because he's almost a non-person. IMO voters didn't give Biden a landslide because he lacks any sense of conviction, principles, charisma, grit and stamina to do what he was elected to do rather than what the loudest radicals and upstarts in the Democrats want.

He's the definition of a yes man imo.

That's another massive leap.

Voting is transparent and open to scrutiny, just maybe not to those loons who are trying to storm the voting office in Detroit.

If there's an accusation of fraud, there must be evidence of fraud. Where's the evidence? A tweet from some randomer is not evidence.
    The US has an office which controls and monitors elections. Let them and independent reviews look at the evidence when the dust settles. Don't stop the counting halfway through when you're not happy with the result.

The Republicans are saying they nominated a person with the credentials to scrutinise the counting and he was told he had to keep 30 feet away from the counting. You can't verify the counting is being done fairly if you can't see what they are doing, what they decide the standard is for a 'spoiled' or unclear vote etc.

• Advertisement

I think the most vocal and influential people on both sides have made the situation worse. That includes Trump, the Democrats, social media, cable TV and especially YouTube and Twitter.

An answer straight out of the Trump playbook :rolleyes:

"We condemn in the strongest most possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides. On many sides," Trump said.

"But Mr. President - we must call evil by its name. These were white supremacists and this was domestic terrorism."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement