Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,690 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Cheers.

It's mad that there was the ruling about signatures not having to be checked as well as requiring no evidence that the ballot was sent in before election day in PA. There's at least an argument about signatures changing over time and are not always the same. But in those cases where no signature check and no postmark is on it, what exactly are they validating? Basically if the name is on the voter file?

Every state is independent and sets it own rules regarding voting. Fir instance in Georgia there is no excuse postal voting in other state you have to give a reason why you requested a postal ballot.

In PA they pre stamp the ballot( another name for free postage) the advantage is it supposed to speed up delivery of ballots I presume. In Georgia valid ballots provided they have an election day or pre election date postal date stamp on them is allowed until 12 days post election. There was a court order yesterday in Texas to force UPS to prioritize the delivery of postal ballots which had to be delivers by yesterday evening to be counted. This was though Texas was considered no longer in play.

Trump want to delegitimize postal voting as Democratic voters use it more.however fraud rates are down around 0.0005% or less. That about 5 votes per million.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    The riot started with a Unite the Right rally, a white supremacist crowd chanting racist and anti-semetic slogans, protesting the removal of a confedarate statue.

One white supremacist (read: terrorist) rammed a car into counter-protestors, killed a woman and injured 17 others.

How can you agree with any of that??

i dont agree with any of that, they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible.

but did the left not turn up before to try and remove a monument which (as far as i am aware) is illegal?

whatever your views on the removal of these statues, there are processes in place to have them removed. not just rocking up and pulling them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Hopefully nobody is sick of laughing at Donnie yet.. Apologies in advance!

https://twitter.com/Spider_ma012345/status/1324069618265198592?s=09

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

it was 66 mill for trump and 70mill for Joe last night anyway,
    mad figures really when you think about it

And they have only bothered to count 60% of California so far, something similar for NY. Whatever way the EC votes go there will be millions more added to the Biden total yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Fair play to ya getting around and living in three different states at the same time

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115166636&postcount=673

I live in Texas, proper Republican stronghold

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115161326&postcount=9173

I live in North Dakota where a Democrat hasn't won since John Adams

I wonder did they vote in all three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Every state is independent and sets it own rules regarding voting. Fir instance in Georgia there is no excuse postal voting in other state you have to give a reason why you requested a postal ballot.

In PA they pre stamp the ballot( another name for free postage) the advantage is it supposed to speed up delivery of ballots I presume.in Georgia valid ballots provided they have an election day or pre election date postal date stamp on them is allowed until 12 days post election. There was a court order yesterday in Texas to force UPS to prioritize the delivery of postal ballots which had to be delivers by yesterday evening to be counted. This was though Texas was considered no longer in play.

Trump want to delegitimize postal voting as Democratic voters use it more.however fraud rates are down around 0.0005% or less. That about 5 votes per million.

I know they all have different rules, if they pre stamp the ballot why does the ruling need to be made allowing late ones with no evidence of when it was posted? I just haven't heard anyone argue why you would possibly want that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Faugheen wrote: »
    He said asylum seekers crossing Dover should be let drown. He has no shame.

Well, technically Eric didn't say that should be 'let drown'.
    He said that their dinghies/boats should be shot at by Gatling guns and deliberately drowned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

i dont agree with any of that, they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible.

but did the left not turn up before to try and remove a monument which (as far as i am aware) is illegal?

whatever your views on the removal of these statues, there are processes in place to have them removed. not just rocking up and pulling them down.
    Is any statue worth killing a person and injuring 17 others for?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Just to get it straight in my own head.

North Carolina and Alaska will be won by Trump - along with 1 of the 4 EC votes in Maine taking him to 232

Pennsylvania - Trump is 165,000 ahead, 11% of the count remaining (780,000 votes). Biden expected to gain but needs 61%+ of the remaining votes which seems likely. If he wins it, it's all over (pending legal challenges)

Arizona - Trump is almost 70,000 behind but is gaining ground fast. with 14% left to count (460,000 votes or so).

Nevada - Biden 7,500 or so ahead also with 14% (190,000 votes) left to count. Expecting a decisive update at around 6pm Irish time

Georgia - Trump ahead by 18,500. Biden is gaining but only 4% (200,000 votes) left to go. Biden needs to win about two-thirds of remaining votes to take the state.

My prediction - Biden wins 295 to 243 and Trump might as well not bother with legal challenges.

There was a law lecturer saying that most of his challenges in most of the states has no basis but in Pennsylvania he may challenge the lateness of rule changes for signature, postmark, and how late they can come in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

robinph wrote: »
    And they have only bothered to count 60% of California so far, something similar for NY. Whatever way the EC votes go there will be millions more added to the Biden total yet.

yes it certainly looks that way alright, did anyone else feel a bit claustrophobic last night watching the americans in the counting centers and ques to vote previously standing so close to each other, i know they had masks but most were hanging down like chin nappies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    How much do you know about the organisation of vote counting in various US states. Who's allowed in, who's not etc.
    Probably not much. I don't either.

Why is no one other than certain republicans talking about this?
    Why is there not a review from the election body into why this man wasn't allowed in? Was he meant to be allowed in? Did he even have a right to be there?

That's reasonable enough.

"Sorry Sir, COVID restrictions, we can't have too many people in the counting area. "

"What??? Voter fraud!! My rights!! Transparency!! blah blah."

Show the proof of the fraud.

Sigh! if you can't see how having observers from both parties keeping check on postal votes is a legitimate request then there is no hope for you. Parties in the Irish count centres during the tallies do the same. Covid isn't a legitimate excuse to keep them out, just get them to wear the proper PPE so they can monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,593 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Sigh! if you can't see how having observers from both parties keeping check on postal votes is a legitimate request then there is no hope for you. Parties in the Irish count centres during the tallies do the same. Covid isn't a legitimate excuse to keep them out, just get them to wear the proper PPE so they can monitor.
    There have been observers from both parties at the counts as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

There are legitimate approved observers from both sides in every single count centre. You can't just rock up in your MAGA hat after slamming 10 bud lights and demand to sit next to a counter with your phone in their face.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

There was a law lecturer saying that most of his challenges in most of the states has no basis but in Pennsylvania he may challenge the lateness of rule changes for signature, postmark, and how late they can come in

The Supreme cannot make law and decide that the rule changes (if any) were wrong. They can only interpret the actual law. If rules were changed lawfully then there is no case and it seems that's already been decided:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/23/pennsylvania-court-ballot-signatures-431794

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/02/trump-scotus-pennsylvania-ballots-433889

• Registered Users Posts: 23,795 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

To ask that of some Republican Trump diehards is akin to putting them through water torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I'd rather this end quickly .......within a couple of weeks.

That's not very quick though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

There are observers from both sides at the count centres. Why are you repeating lies that there aren't? What you can't do is just rock up with your MAGA hat on and AR15 in hand and decide you want to intimidate the count staff. Election and counting staff are just ordinary people - there's no massive conspiracy just against Trump here. The amount of people slavishly repeating Trump lies is astounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Is any statue worth killing a person and injuring 17 others for?

absolutely not.

they should have went via the proper channels. but there was hysteria and mob mentality driving them.

and then along comes the right all guns a blazing.

where was local law enforcement to shut this down at its genesis, thats how those lives would have been saved.

I wonder did they vote in all three.

They were up to a fourth state as a resident last I heard from them, will have to wait for their next account on here to find out perhaps.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    To ask that of some Republican Trump diehards is akin to putting them through water torture.

Same could be said for some of his supporters on here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

400,000 votes still outstanding in PA, Philly only at 70% counted. Some sources reckon that Biden could win by 100K

• Registered Users Posts: 18,690 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I know they all have different rules, if they pre stamp the ballot why does the ruling need to be made allowing late ones with no evidence of when it was posted? I just haven't heard anyone argue why you would possibly want that.

Because Trump is challenging all ballots that arrive after election day stamped or in stamped. He dose not want postal ballots used in US election for numerous years now counted at all......except in Arizona where he is behind.

However it hard to get counting stopped. In Florida in 2004 the problem was the state republican governed did not count ballot where chads( there were little dimples you had to push out to record you vote) were hanging or just indented.

The supreme court in the end that they should have been but time had run out as the state kepted closing down the count centers after every appeal they would and only slowly restarted them. The clock ran out on the recount so original count was what election was decided on. This time it's Democratic governed states and they will restart counting after every appeal. It will be hard for Trump to keep vote counting shut down in Democratic governed states

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

If a republican lawyer came out in front of the cameras and said that observors are not being allowed to observe, I'd believe him/them..

The only person I've seen say this, the surnames are Trump/Guliani, I'll give it a wide birth thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,413 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Google says Biden ahead in Nevada by 8k votes and down everywhere else.

It's not exactly impossible that Trump wins all four is it?

There's any air of suredness in here that must mean I'm missing something obvious.

lawred2 wrote: »

There's any air of suredness in here that must mean I'm missing something obvious.

Biden is ahead in Arizona also and has cut the gap in Georgia to just 18k. He's also surging in Pennsylvania and possible he'll overtake Trump there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Predominantly postal votes in large cities remaining both of which heavily lean democrat.

Result being Biden gets a much higher percentage of the outstanding votes while Trump runs around trying to stop counting before everything is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Biden is getting about 70% of postal votes and they're most of the uncounted ones. Also most of the other uncounted are from cities where Biden will do much better than Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

If a republican lawyer came out in front of the cameras and said that observors are not being allowed to observe, I'd believe him/them..

The only person I've seen say this, the surnames are Trump/Guliani, I'll give it a wide birth thanks.

Literally every Republican candidate in everyone of these districts would be screaming and shouting if there were no observers present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Because Trump is challenging all ballots that arrive after election day stamped or in stamped. He dose not want postal ballots used in US election for numerous years now counted at all......except in Arizona where he is behind.

The ruling to allow late unmarked ballots was made because Trump is challenging them?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement