Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭Nermal

At the end of the day, he’s an old white dude. Just like the old white dudes before them.

I like to quote posts where the words 'old' and 'white' are used in a pejorative sense. Pernicious stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,599 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

jaykay74 wrote: »
    An inanimate carbon rod would have been the most popular candidate in history against Trump in 2020. Possibly even more so than Biden. Its mainly anti Trump than pro Biden that got the numbers out.

Hey that was my write in choice for Sheriff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

67 million people voting against the moral decay increasing the rate at which that empire collapses, biden is hardly a trot but he has aligned himself with many who back the moral decay movements like BLM, transgender kids, antifa, the rapid spread of islam etc... bidens america will be even more divided, but between those who want to actually slow americas fall and those who want to plunge it into full degeneracy.

You're anti-antifascist? So you're pro-fascist?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The_Brood wrote: »
    Again I'm not saying it is or isnt legit, but that is how it will feel for them. Haven't heard of "stolen it at the death" in sports?

And if the counts had been done in the opposite order with mail in votes counted first and then Trumps on the day votes? Would Trump be on course to steal from Biden or would it just be that one of them ends up winning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

jaykay74 wrote: »
    An inanimate carbon rod would have been the most popular candidate in history against Trump in 2020. Possibly even more so than Biden. Its mainly anti Trump than pro Biden that got the numbers out.

Can confirm. My American friends voted not because they like Biden (they think he’s extremely corrupt), but because he’s the lesser of two evils and they’re desperate to get rid of Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

Meh...

It is what it is.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The head of Wisconsin's Election Commission said yesterday that all Wisconsin votes had been counted. Just the BBC being overly cautious.

I think a few are holding off on "calling it on the basis of the Trump theat of a lawsuit and looking for a recount.

But all votes are counted right now and Biden has won Wisconsin , subject to certification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

robinph wrote: »
    And if the counts had been done in the opposite order with mail in votes counted first and then Trumps on the day votes? Would Trump be on course to steal from Biden or would it just be that one of them ends up winning?

I would imagine people who really want Joe to win would feel equally ticked off if a state got flipped in the last 1-2% too and they lost the election. As maybe will happen in Arizona, but Joe will still win it all so it won't sting nearly as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,221 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

No tweets from Trump for 13 hours. He knows his thanksgiving goose is cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,177 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

is_that_so wrote: »

It's good to see people from his own party calling him out

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

trump needs slightly under 40% of remaining to win PA

as in very slightly under. at 39% biden will win by ~6000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

How many votes are left to play for in PA ?

As of this morning, there are close to 50,000 votes left to be counted in Georgia.

About 400K but a lot of big Dem areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,146 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Surely if the roles were reversed the Dems would be demanding re counts as well.

Trump is a buffoon and makes his every action seem OTT and childish but with the way things have been in America of late we'd be seeing the same actions taken by the Dems if the roles were reversed albeit without quite as much of the magical moron dust Trump manages to sprinkle over everything.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

trump needs slightly under 40% of remaining to win PA

If i'm not mistaken, Biden is currently trending 74% - 75% of the count in the remaining areas to be counted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The_Brood wrote: »
    I would imagine people who really want Joe to win would feel equally ticked off if a state got flipped in the last 1-2% too and they lost the election. As maybe will happen in Arizona, but Joe will still win it all so it won't sting nearly as much.

AFAIR in 2016 Trump looked very surprised that he won for the exact same reason.

About 400K but a lot of big Dem areas.

per NYT its about 774k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

VinLieger wrote: »
    Its hiding its registration data
    https://who.is/whois/decisiondeskhq.com
    If they were reputable and trustworthy they wouldn't need to do that

Seems they sprung out of nowhere autumn of 2018.
    There are no names and no affiliations on their site.

Their Twitter seems to have been https://twitter.com/aoshqdd?lang=en
    AOS HQ DD?

nullzero wrote: »
    Surely if the roles were reversed the Dems would be demanding re counts as well.

Recounts? Yes.

Declaring fraud without evidence? No.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    If i'm not mistaken, Biden is currently trending 74% - 75% of the count in the remaining areas to be counted.

i'm not sure. i just looked at the macro level

• Registered Users Posts: 24,221 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Trumps lead is down from 600,000 to 164,500.

per NYT its about 774k
    Per Bob Casey a PA senator an hour ago, it's 400K.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

Larbre34 wrote: »

Trumps lead is down from 600,000 to 164,500.

Was over 700k at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

nullzero wrote: »

Trump is a buffoon and makes his every action seem OTT and childish but with the way things have been in America of late we'd be seeing the same actions taken by the Dems if the roles were reversed albeit without quite as much of the magical moron dust Trump manages to sprinkle over everything.

by the same actions do you mean screaming fraud at every opportunity with no evidence and assembling mobs outside counting centers?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Things hotting up in Las Vegas:

https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1324344957109415936

And according to the Guardian:

The tweet mentions Matt Schlapp as a Brooks Brothers Riot participant. For those of us without total recall of US elections from twenty years ago, my colleague Adam Gabbatt reminded us what the Brooks Brothers Riot was recently:

In late November 2000, hundreds of mostly middle-aged male protesters, dressed in off-the-peg suits and cautious ties, descended on the Miami-Dade polling headquarters in Florida. Shouting, jostling, and punching, they demanded that a recount of ballots for the presidential election be stopped.
    The protesters, many of whom were paid Republican operatives, succeeded. A recount of ballots in Florida was abandoned. What became known as the Brooks Brothers riot went down in infamy, and George W Bush became president after a supreme court decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

It's the huge positive of this election, the question is how to maintain it!

Keep making things easier for people to vote, more voting stations in densely populated areas (not just republican areas) make mail in/absentee ballots easier to cast..

All of the above should be done from the federal level imo, I respect the state rights them being able to do their thing, but in a good democracy it shouldn't be about who controls the state and if that state wants to engage all its citizens in voting or making things as difficult as possible.

And as has been seen, the republicans have gained millions more votes from things being made easier also, they've nothing to be scared of, state your case to win voters and let them decide at the ballot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,146 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

by the same actions do you mean screaming fraud at every opportunity with no evidence and assembling mobs outside counting centers?

I never said it would take the same shape, in fact I stated it most likely wouldn't. So your Outrage is misplaced.

Glazers Out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement