Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

McHardcore wrote: »
    [*]He has the support of the largest news cable network corporation in the country. Its laughable how spun the headlines are in Fox News when you compare them to The AP, Reuters, or other news outlets.
    [/LIST]

It will be quite funny if Georgia gets called for Biden this evening, putting Fox News in the position of declaring Joe Biden president while CNN will still have him on 269.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

is_that_so wrote: »
    The potential of two special Senate elections in GA is intriguing. There will be one in January anyway, but David Perdue not home and hosed. It raises the possibility of a VP casting vote.

spot on, this is huge, for all the people watching the presidential vote this is where real change could happen and eyes should be peeled on this one

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

robinph wrote: »
    Wondering what exactly it is that he really means when tweeting this:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1324353932022480896

"STOP THE COUNT!"

How does that translate into English as something other than stop counting votes?

Which count?

All of them or just the ones where he's still ahead?

If you stop all the counts , he has lost.?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Wannabe facist
    Only if it made people love him more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

McCain was a good man. He could have been a good president to try and bridge the divide of the country.

Would McCain have dropped as many bombs as Obama? Given his history in Vietnam, I'm not sure which way he would have went.

• Advertisement

Smee_Again wrote: »
    He won't concede, he'll fight it in court or wherever he can and then he'll claim to the day he dies that he was unfairly beaten.

It would be great if he went out with an unexpected message of dignity and healing though...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Enquiring wrote: »
    Would McCain have dropped as many bombs as Obama? Given his history in Vietnam, I'm not sure which way he would have went.

It would have been very interesting all right

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

donfers wrote: »
    It would be great if he went out with an unexpected message of dignity and healing though...

Even if he did, it would be far too little too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Listen, the drugs really don't work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Fascist? No

Sore loser? Most definitely

Save the word fascist for real fascists please

"Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society and of the economy which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe."

Far right? Check
    Ultranationalist? Check
    Forcible suppression of opposition? Working on it.
    Dictatorial power? As above.

If it walks like a duck...

• Advertisement

Cal Thomas thinks this is still 50/50

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Only change for 2024 will be the electrical college redistrubtion of seats per state based on the 2020 cencus!

I support redistribution of electric chairs. There are too many in Texas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Sadly it will require a high bar for Trump to concede, he is not the type to go down without a fight especially with so many razor-thin margins in pivotal states, I don't blame him - a huge number of people voted for him, he must fight hard for them

A larger number of Americans voted for Biden. He's the President of the entire United States, he should be fighting for all American voters. A fair democracy should be more important than his massive ego.

Undermining democracy and stoking widespread distrust of the process is insidiously dangerous. Looking for recounts where necessary is all part of the democratic process, spreading misinformation and making baseless accusations of fraud is not, nor should it ever be.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Fascist? No

Trying to have the count stopped before all votes are counted is fascism.

People turning up to count centres in an attempt to intimidate counters and officials is fascism.

What he is doing is anti-democratic, because it isn’t working in his favour.

That is fascism.

Fascist? No

He's actively trying to undermine the integrity of their elections. Doing what he's trying to do is fascistic...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭dasdog

STOP THE COUNT!

It's right out of Southpark

Who do we think the libertarian candidate is drawing most votes away from, because her impact is going to be massive on the ultimate result in spite of tiny overall numbers?

Smee_Again wrote: »
    He won't concede, he'll fight it in court or wherever he can and then he'll claim to the day he dies that he was unfairly beaten.

And that he received more votes from the American public than any other President in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

jesus this wait is tedious, my own fault for being drawn into the CNN machine I know but I need closure

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Now 135k difference in PA, so continuing to trend downwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Yup but I don't believe Biden will win Nevada. I think Trump will win Georgia, bookies are wrong on that one.

Versus all your "correct" calls over the last couple of days :pac::pac::pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Fascist? No

What else you call trying to stop legitimate counting of votes?
    Claiming places you haven’t actually won as a victory?

This is fascism and authoritarian

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Anyone see that clip of Philidephia on CNN just now - what is the name of that famous song being played?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Trying to subvert the democratic process seems fairly fascist to me.

Is this the correct timeline folks?

By 6pm today we will likely know the result in Georgia and by midnight we will know where Pennsylvania is likely to swing.

Should Trump win both then we have a further day of anxiety ahead of us as we await Nevada and Arizona to be called on Friday?

Should Biden win either of PA or GA today then it's done

Essentially we have maybe 4 flips of the coin ahead of us and Trump has to win all

• Registered Users Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Does Biden at worst coming very close in Arizona/Nevada and Georgia/North Carolina signal a tectonic shift in American politics? Not a massive one, but enough to require the Republicans to reposition significantly if they are to regain the White House as the trends that took these states for the Dems or very near are only going to continue?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

bennyl10 wrote: »
    What else you call trying to stop legitimate counting of votes?
    Claiming places you haven’t actually won as a victory?

This is fascism and authoritarian

People have been warning from the start of his presidency that he'd end up going full fascist and were scoffed at. Now he's actually doing it and some are still acting like it's not happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

D.Q wrote: »
    jesus this wait is tedious, my own fault for being drawn into the CNN machine I know but I need closure

It's the ads that are the killer. They're so so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭AllForIt

CNN has been doing some Fact Checking

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/04/politics/fact-check-trump-election-day-tweets/index.html
    Fact Check: Almost everything Donald Trump has said after Election Day is Wrong.

I've been doing some Fact Checking of my own...

Almost everying CNN had said before Election Day is Wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Fascist? No

Sure it's all joke fascism talk until the real fascism starts. Then it's too late.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement