Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Earlier people were saying that he just meant voting should stop and of course he isn't saying that legitimate votes coming in after election day shouldn't be counted. Well, he's saying it now:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1324368202139357186

Any guesses as to what he "really means" this time? Because it looks to me like he's outright calling for legitimate votes to be thrown out.

It's exactly what he means. There is a very obvious dumbass in charge the past four years. How anyone can still support the ramblings of this looney is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

61K left to count, not to report.

Haven't heard that, link?

You imagine they would have uploaded any counted votes by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Boggles wrote: »
    61K left.

Not enough votes for Biden I reckon, will come up just short. Will be tight.

THat's just to count though is it? Lots more to report?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Biden 1/10
    Trump 6/1

On SkyBet currently

• Registered Users Posts: 83,578 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

"Gabriel Sterling, Georgia’s statewide voting system implementation manager, said that 61,367 outstanding mail-in absentee ballots remained uncounted. The state aims to finish its count by noon." NYT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Smee_Again wrote: »
    No, it needs a super majority. 38/50 states.

No it doesnt once enough states that equal 270 electoral votes sign up to it then whoever wins the popular vote gets all their EC votes which being 270 means the popular candidate wins enough to be president

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Think Biden will fall short in Georgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,578 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

VinLieger wrote: »
    No it doesnt once enough states that equal 270 electoral votes sign up to it then whoever wins the popular vote gets all their EC votes which being 270 means the popular candidate wins enough to be president

There are faithless electors to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Smee_Again wrote: »
    No, it needs a super majority. 38/50 states.

no. the states can decide what they want to do with their electoral votes. this is promising to go with the nationwide popular vote.

its not abolishing the electoral college, but promising to use their electoral votes to go with the national popular vote; rather than the state popular vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Overheal wrote: »
    "Gabriel Sterling, Georgia’s statewide voting system implementation manager, said that 61,367 outstanding mail-in absentee ballots remained uncounted. The state aims to finish its count by noon." NYT

I know that, the poster was saying there was votes besides them not reported yet.

I haven't heard that, is there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Looks like they have given the phone back to Trump. He's going bananas over on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Think Biden will fall short in Georgia.

I think there will be a recount in Georgia!

61K left to count, not to report.

Is it known how much is left to report?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Looks like they have given the phone back to Trump. He's going bananas over on Twitter.

They should give him a toy phone to keep him entertained without subjecting the rest of us to his drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

He had a long covfefe break

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

There are faithless electors to consider.

Which states remain that haven't legislated to prevent faithless electors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭CharlesMartel

I wonder will these be from serving military members abroad and Americans working abroad.. may well favour Trump if so

It's showing as 96% reported with just under 5m votes, which would mean approx 200k left. If there was only 61k left to report, then it would be saying it's already 99% reported in Georgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Graham wrote: »
    Which states remain that haven't legislated to prevent faithless electors?

https://www.fairvote.org/faithless_elector_state_laws

ETA: the ones greyed out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

They should give him a toy phone to keep him entertained without subjecting the rest of us to his drivel.

zvYKu0UhFXID.gif

Give him one of these

• Advertisement

well i've been using NYT, you can click on a state for an estimated percentage of votes reported

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/results-president.html

Georgia at 96% with around 4.8million votes cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Georgia looking good for Biden!

Paddy Power, the most reliable oracle for the future, is offering odds of 6/1 on Trump being the next president (as of 15:55 on Thursday) Biden, by contrast, is odds on at 1/9!!!

That speaks truer than any biased pundit or pollster.

vojiwox wrote: »
    well i've been using NYT, you can click on a state for an estimated percentage of votes reported

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/results-president.html

Georgia at 96% with around 4.8million votes cast.

Am I right, 200k votes still to report in?

You imagine they would have uploaded any counted votes by now.

He said they went from 200K yesterday to 61K today, but there hasn't been any more reports from Georgia since yesterday, so they still have those 200K to report.

At least that's what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I wonder will these be from serving military members abroad and Americans working abroad.. may well favour Trump if so

Didnt he call them losers and suckers a few weeks ago ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Say what you like about him but he is box office. I'll miss waking up in the morning to see what zany adventures he's gotten up to the previous day.

There's a reason that there is a record turnout and it's not Joe Biden. It's because people either love or hate Trump. Guarantee you, there won't be as big a turnout in 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Paddy Power, the most reliable oracle for the future, is offering odds of 6/1 on Trump being the next president (as of 15:55 on Thursday) Biden, by contrast, is odds on at 1/9!!!

That speaks truer than any biased pundit or pollster.

I wish I knew how betting odds worked :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Say what you like about him but he is box office. I'll miss waking up in the morning to see what zany adventures he's gotten up to the previous day.

There's a reason that there is a record turnout and it's not Joe Biden. It's because people either love or hate Trump. Guarantee you, there won't be as big a turnout in 2024.

He will still get up to zany adventures but now from the sidelines. Its a win win really. He can entertain with less consequence.

Am I right, 200k votes still to report in?

My maths is poor but around that. 190ish

In my mind its 61,000 more to count and when they are done they will submit 190k ish to the current totals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

I personally think Georgia is gone to Trump

But Biden is going to win Arizona, Nevada and Penn so it doesnt matter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement