Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

cnocbui wrote: »
    DYOR.

I googled that and then I googled Obama, is this true?

Obama dropped more bombs per year than any American President in history, illegally bombing 8 Muslim countries. Obama deported more undocumented migrants than any US President in history.

I don't have time to do in-depth research right now. Obama won the Nobel peace prize, did Trump win that too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

cant speak for anyone else, but my reason for supporting him is that i fundamentally disagree with political correctness, cancel culture, all that sort of stuff that seems to be mainly the purview of the left. and he was willing to take that on. in a lot of ways i realise what a gob****e he is, but those above mentioned things are way beyond trumps bad points (IMO) and politics for that matter.

It seems to be because that's what's they tell you it is.
    Why not vote for someone based on policy, the person themselves, things that directly impact you? Instead of voting for people based on what they tell you about the other guy?

Incidentally most examples of cancel culture seem to come from the far right. Currently democracy is trying to be cancelled. Other examples include defunding public services (including TV), politicians who push for social distancing measures, fact checking (someone waaay back in this thread was saying this) - all of it I call cancel culture.. IE.. I don't like it, get rid of it.

And your solution? Vote in the guy that's pushing all of this.. brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

eagle eye wrote: »
    The senate seats in Georgia.

Yeah looks like Ossof may get another shot in a runoff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭CharlesMartel

isn't it kind of sad to be worked up by this counting. The votes have already been cast, and if the system is fair, it doesn;t make a blind bit of difference if the results come now or next next tuesday. That said, I am hitting refresh one more time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I don't think it was deliberate irregularities, but its important that the losers don't have an unfounded gripe, otherwise you could see protests or worse.

Me neither, but if irregularities exclusively go one way then it could be an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

cant speak for anyone else, but my reason for supporting him is that i fundamentally disagree with political correctness, cancel culture, all that sort of stuff that seems to be mainly the purview of the left. and he was willing to take that on. in a lot of ways i realise what a gob****e he is, but those above mentioned things are way beyond trumps bad points (IMO) and politics for that matter.

supporting hatred and graft to own the libs. classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

PA could get messy. hopefully it's not even needed for biden win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

For all Trump and his supporters talk of patriotism, they're willing to destroy their countries electoral reputation for selfish political ends.
    Nobody really takes it seriously, but if electoral fraud on the level Trump is claiming was possible then America would be a basket case as a democracy.

I don't mind recounts in close calls but what if what he is claiming were true it would mean the state legislature was grossly incompetent.
    Like a spoilt child he doesn't care what damage is done so long as he has his tantrum.

Pennsylvania ticked another 0.1% for Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Enquiring wrote: »

Obama dropped more bombs per year than any American President in history, illegally bombing 8 Muslim countries. Obama deported more undocumented migrants than any US President in history.

I don't have time to do in-depth knowledge right now. Obama won the Nobel peace prize, did Trump win that too?

trump was nominated for 3. but i think they throw out nominations like confetti.

• Advertisement

assuming 98,903 left (based on 4,945,165 total):

remaining current lead
    98,903.00 14,765.00
    biden 0.575 56,869.23
    trump 0.425 42,033.78

biden needs 57.5% of remaining to win

There's no way we have had 100k added to the tally since it was at 96% reported. There would have been a much bigger swing in the last couple of hours.

I have no faith in the % reported value.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

So that massive win from Trump!
    A Pennsylvania court ruled that Trump campaign observers could stand closer to watch ballot processing in Philadelphia—a relatively inconsequential ruling that Trump campaign associates quickly touted as being a massive win.

Meanwhile down in Georgia!
    A Georgia judge has dismissed the Trump campaign’s lawsuit over absentee ballots in the state.

The president’s reelection campaign tried to argue election officials were attempting to count invalid ballots in Georgia.

km991148 wrote: »
    It seems to be because that's what's they tell you it is.
    Why not vote for someone based on policy, the person themselves, things that directly impact you? Instead of voting for people based on what they tell you about the other guy?

Incidentally most examples of cancel culture seem to come from the far right. Currently democracy is trying to be cancelled. Other examples include defunding public services (including TV), politicians who push for social distancing measures, fact checking (someone waaay back in this thread was saying this) - all if it I call cancel culture.. IE.. I don't like it, get rid of it.

And your solution? Vote in the guy that's pushing all of this.. brilliant.

what policies would you expect from joe biden?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I don't have time to do in-depth knowledge right now. Obama won the Nobel peace prize, did Trump win that too?

Itll be good to have a good old fashioned war monger back on charge!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Penn

PA gap now 116k

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Basil3 wrote: »

Why is that I wonder??

Nevada what do you want?! https://fb.watch/1zWsto5urm/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Overheal wrote: »

It feels like the case Gemma and John Waters brought against the lockdown, no evidence, but lots of anecdotes and innuendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,584 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Trumps lead now under 15, 000 in Georgia.

trump was nominated for 3. but i think they throw out nominations like confetti.

Oh right, those awards are meaningless then if they're handing them out like that. Especially to people who have horrible records like Trump and Obama.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,734 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I agree completely with your view on Trumps position on these matters.
    And that is why I am 100% against him and anyone who would seek to represent the people while arguing that some of them can be treated less favourably than others.

It's a topic maybe worth a separate thread in a few weeks when this has blown over to some degree. Hopefully with Biden awaiting inauguration.

IF Nevada isn't dicking us around, Nevada should release an update imminently.

km991148 wrote: »
    Why is that I wonder??

I just explained.....

Itll be good to have a good old fashioned war monger back on charge!!

Who? Biden or Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

I don't have time to do in-depth research right now. Obama won the Nobel peace prize, did Trump win that too?

More than WW2? More than Vietnam?

Come on man.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Trump is king of cancel culture. He wants to cancel votes, cancel Goodyear Tyres, cancel everything that doesn't agree with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

joe40 wrote: »
    For all Trump and his supporters talk of patriotism, they're willing to destroy their countries electoral reputation for selfish political ends.
    Nobody really takes it seriously, but if electoral fraud on the level Trump is claiming was possible then America would be a basket case as a democracy.

I don't mind recounts in close calls but what if what he is claiming were true it would mean the state legislature was grossly incompetent.
    Like a spoilt child he doesn't care what damage is done so long as he has his tantrum.

In 2000, there was a legitimate reason for people to have their noses out of joint. It came down to 550 votes. I know it got bitter but I don't remember either Gore or Bush carrying on with even a whiff of the **** that Trump is spewing. The lack of class is disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Penn wrote: »
    PA gap now 116k

Once Biden goes one vote ahead probably some time tonight Trump can't recover. Up to 80% mail-ins in the Biden camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Oh right, those awards are meaningless then if they're handing them out like that. Especially to people who have horrible records like Trump and Obama.

there is a long list of people with the authority to nominate somebody for a nobel prize. the guy who nominated trump is a crank who does it to get publicity for himself. nominations are effectively meaningless.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    There's no way we have had 100k added to the tally since it was at 96% reported. There would have been a much bigger swing in the last couple of hours.

i used the current lead of 14765, 98% reporting, and total registered vote (estimated from NYT based on 96% and total votes reported on).

the current total votes dont matter. just what % of remaining you need to make up the difference.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement