Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Announcement with some gravitas happening in GA Right now.... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

there's no way that can happen. she doesn't become VP until biden is sworn in.

Oh right, what happens if Biden dies before being sworn in? Another election?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

funnydoggy wrote: »
    It still feels like election day.

That's a normal day in Trump time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,890 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

there's no way that can happen. she doesn't become VP until biden is sworn in.

She would be sworn in instead of him if he can't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Overheal wrote: »
    Announcement with some gravitas happening in GA Right now.... ?

Is it right now? CNN has it after the ads I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Enquiring wrote: »
    Oh right, what happens if Biden dies before being sworn in? Another election?

i dunno actually. was just gonna ask that. leader of the house maybe?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

J2CVC wrote: »
    Some people are betting on Kamala Harris as next president, anyone know why?

She was 1000 (999/1) up until today (on Betfair). I noticed she moved to 880 a short while ago. She's now down to 400.

Edit: She's now down to 200

Decent bed given Biden's age alone, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

i dunno actually. was just gonna ask that. leader of the house maybe?

Kanye gets it

• Registered Users Posts: 86,849 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is it John McCain's state to decide

She would be sworn in instead of him if he can't be.

she aint in the line of succession until biden is sworn in surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Decent bed given Biden's age alone, tbh.

Don't forget the investigation into corruption

*ducks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

she aint in the line of succession until biden is sworn in surely?
    Its not a line of succession thing. Its about who the EC delegates will cast their votes for. It would be Harris (and there would be court cases).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

J2CVC wrote: »
    People don't understand the exchanges. That's fine.

That's fine? Oh wow that's fine guys, don't worry guys he's not mad at us for being so stupid.

Hey smart guy why did you ask the ****ing question all if you're so smart yourself and just going to badmouth all the answers you get? You got more answers than anyone asking any other question here.

Tosspot. You have no clue what you're talking about. And you're asking us about what happened to Biden as if we're going to have some inside information on something like what are you imagining here? A heart attack or something?

It is true that betting markets aren't nearly so affected by betting patterns as some people think. But on betfair they completely depend on the betting patterns.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Penn

With Fox calling Arizona for Biden, they will be forced to declare Biden President if he gets Georgia or Nevada.

While CNN will still be waiting.

Trump will go banannas then.

That banana boat is already afloat

https://twitter.com/JProskowGlobal/status/1324401139417309185?s=20

Kanye gets it

this aint a jibe at biden BTW.

is there a fit and proper persons test for president?

just when you mentioned kanye, i remember news outlets saying he has bipolar or something so shouldn't be considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Is it right now? CNN has it after the ads I think
    Watching it they are saying announcement of more nevada votes

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Penn

GA down to 13.5k

50,400 or so votes still to be counted in GA.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Penn wrote: »

It's pretty hilarious watching the circus turn on itself

Phoebas wrote: »
    Its not a line of succession thing. Its about who the EC delegates will cast their votes for. It would be Harris (and there would be court cases).

i can imagine. imagine the US president being unelected. are you sure that's the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Phoebas wrote: »

There would be no court cases. The Constitution is very clear on what would happen thanks to the 20th Amendment - Section 3:

Section 3. If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

namloc1980 wrote: »
    John King back on the big board...awesome!

#JOHNKING2024

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Jesus the reactions to that tweet from Trump supporters. This one has me laughing:
    Everyone should show Fox we are DONE with them ! Arnon Miskin a total scumbag ! You cost Trump votes with your reckless call and blatant distain for Trump ! President Trump sue Faux news !!!!! WATCH NEWSMAX

i can imagine. imagine the US president being unelected. are you sure that's the case?

Yes. 20th Amendment Section 3:

Section 3. If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President.

And by the way there's been loads of unelected presidents.

There would be no court cases. The Constitution is very clear on what would happen thanks to the 20th Amendment - Section 3:

this hypothetical is before he is sworn in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

The odds on Harris are creeping back up.

It took thousands to move the prices but it could be anything. Maybe somebody is in big on Biden and are just hedging their bets.

For those who don't understand the betting exchange it's punters betting against one another, the exchange take a small cut. The presidential market is huge - over 500 million euro matched to date, including numerous million euro stakes.

this hypothetical is before he is sworn in though.

Yes that's exactly what it covers:

i.e. if at 12 noon on the inauguration day he is dead, Harris gets sworn in. It's very clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

GA down to 13.5k

Watching it the last hour, there not splitting the way Biden needs, he's going to fall short.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

GA down to 13.5k

Looks like Biden will take it by about 5k votes - or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

froog wrote: »
    novelty bets. they play around with the odds to get people to throw away their money. no doubt a few hundred people will throw money on her thinking joe is about to croak it. free money for bookies.

Betting is a fool's game.

• Advertisement

Yes. 20th Amendment Section 3:

And by the way there's been loads of unelected presidents.

i should have clarified...before the nominated president is sworn in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement