Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭accensi0n

kilns wrote: »
    The clark county nevada clerk Is on live currently for such a tech advanced country their voting systems are a joke,. The ballot has to go through 5 stages before declared including 2 manual checks , crazy stuff

The clerk is great though.
    "You ret@rded? I just gave the numbers"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Trump team really turning on Fox News... hilarious that it will probably be them (after declaring Arizona VERY early) that will be the first TV channel stateside to declare Joe Biden president :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

The clark county nevada clerk Is on live currently for such a tech advanced country their voting systems are a joke,. The ballot has to go through 5 stages before declared including 2 manual checks , crazy stuff

OK but this makes the Whole mail in vote more secure

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

That's the mail in process - it has to have numerous safeguards. Seems extremely thorough and flies in the face of Trump's ranting about fraud. There is no fraud and the multiple checks ensure that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Trump has really energised politics in America. Whether you love him or hate him he'll go down as one of America's greatest presidents. People are still talking about Julius Caesar, and they'll still be talking about Donald Trump in five hundred years time too.

If he doesn't pull through in this election, after his spectacular showing there is every chance he gets a second term in four year's time, if he wants it that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Oh the honest Democrats lol what are they hiding

https://twitter.com/ByJohnLMicek/status/1324389779593662464?s=19

I hope it's purely to wind up Trump more :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Does anyone know the ins and outs of this?

It's odd that the Democrats are fighting against observers being present. Has it something to do with observers having to be bipartisan, or what? Strange one. It's feeding the Trump fanatics and I can see why.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

irishfeen wrote: »
    Trump team really turning on Fox News... hilarious that it will probably be them (after declaring Arizona VERY early) that will be the first TV channel stateside to declare Joe Biden president :)

They wont declare. They'll wait pending legal challenges. Guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Trump has really energised politics in America. Whether you love him or hate him he'll go down as one of America's greatest presidents. People are still talking about Julius Caesar, and they'll still be talking about Donald Trump in five hundred years time.

If he doesn't pull through in this election, there is every chance he gets a second term in four year's time, if he wants it.

He'll be in prison before that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭Panrich

J2CVC wrote: »
    If you don't get it it's fine. Yes people bet on stuff - horses, football, politics. But people don't generally move markets. Information moves markets.

Liverpool's keeper is injured? The market moves.
    A horse is injured in the parade ring? The odds move.

Professional gambers invest in technology and high speed internet connections to ensure they can act on information before anybody else. They also position themselves in places where they can access information before the general population.

I agree with you here. It can be very useful to keep an eye on Betfair betting trends as they usually are a precursor for events if you know what to look for.

I use software to track markets on Betfair and this picked up on early moves for Trump in Florida on the night of the election two and a half hours before the polls closed. I posted here and was told that I picked the information out of my arse and that I didn't know what I was looking at.

• Advertisement

OK but this makes the Whole mail in vote more secure

It is a very secure voting system generally. If inefficient. The Wisconsin recount in 2016 changed the numbers by only 130 votes. That is pretty spectacular in terms of accuracy and detection of invalid ballots

• Registered Users Posts: 14,219 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I like that Clark county guy . He’s obviously fed up listening to ****e and is getting snappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

So when Trump goes to court it's legitimate but when democrats do so they are hiding something? You Trumpists are absolutely comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Richard Chambers
    @newschambers
    ·
    4m

Nevada aint reporting more votes until around 10am tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

It's odd that the Democrats are fighting against observers being present. Has it something to do with observers having to be bipartisan, or what? Strange one. It's feeding the Trump fanatics and I can see why.

its pretty simple...allow both sides to monitor the counting of results.

if that isn't the case, questions need to be asked and rightly so.

if yes, just get on with the counting!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Jesus having to worry about the safety of elections staff and also their families. Talking about checks on vehicles.

That was something that struck me earlier..

Some sham decides that the way to "stop the count" is to burn down the count centre.

There are nutters on all sides , but only one candidate is ranting for the last 36hrs about fraud and theft and and and..

I have a terrible feeling that there is going to be some kind of tragic incident somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Trump has really energised politics in America. Whether you love him or hate him he'll go down as one of America's greatest presidents. People are still talking about Julius Caesar, and they'll still be talking about Donald Trump in five hundred years time too.

If he doesn't pull through in this election, after his spectacular showing there is every chance he gets a second term in four year's time, if he wants it that is.

Haha good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

Query: I thought postal votes were mainly for citizens not in the country on the date of an election/ or for people actually in hospitals.

On what date was the 'postal votes' decided? and on what criteria? or was it just that absolutely anyone could post in their vote?

And, from what date were they then allowed to actually post the postal votes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

Legal observers are always allowed, it's the Trump Mob pushing there way into buildings that's the problem

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

It's odd that the Democrats are fighting against observers being present

It would be very odd if it were true

• Advertisement

I know there was some dispute about how close these observers could get to the people performing the work. Implied intimidation. Something like that maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

whats the story with wisconsin? thought that was done and dusted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Nope but I was thinking, they would surely have had to provide evidence they were being kept too far away to be able to properly observe for the first order. If that's the case that is just plain weird

• Registered Users Posts: 34,012 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Query: I thought postal votes were mainly for citizens not in the country on the date of an election/ or for people actually in hospitals.

On what date was the 'postal votes' decided? and on what criteria? or was it just that absolutely anyone could post in their vote?

And, from what date were they then allowed to actually post the postal votes.

Pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

How many of Gonald's's tweets from the last 36 hours have been flagged as bullsh!t by Twitter?

Just caught Lewandorkski on the news there spouting a whole pile of nonsense. The Republican party actually trying to steal a presidential election. Shameless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Laois_Man wrote: »
    I know there was some dispute about how close these observers could get to the people performing the work. Implied intimidation. Something like that maybe?

Also, there is a pandemic, too many people who are too close could endanger people health. We already seen Trump rallies become super spreader events.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

namloc1980 wrote: »
    So when Trump goes to court it's legitimate but when democrats do so they are hiding something? You Trumpists are absolutely comical.

Looks like Democrats are trying to hide something they should be delighted in having observers if they are confident Biden has the votes! Believe Biden is so popular dead people are voting from the grave for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

whats the story with wisconsin? thought that was done and dusted
    Not officially but in reality it is. It's also one of the many places Trump is suing.

I'd say yer man heading up the count in Clark County is an absolute bastard to work for!

• Advertisement

Looks like Democrats are trying to hide something they should be delighted in having observers if they are confident Biden has the votes! Believe Biden is so popular dead people are voting from the grave for him!

What exactly do you think they're hiding? It's pretty fair that observers shouldn't be able to get too close to a person during a global pandemic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement