Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Trump loses Michigan case looking for counting of ballots to be stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Does anyone know the ins and outs of this?

It's odd that the Democrats are fighting against observers being present. Has it something to do with observers having to be bipartisan, or what? Strange one. It's feeding the Trump fanatics and I can see why.

Because among the observers the Trump campaign have sent are Eric Trump, Lara Trump and Pam Bondi. This is done purely as an intimidation tactic of the count staff by the Trump campaign by sending those as "observers".

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It's odd that the Democrats are fighting against observers being present. Has it something to do with observers having to be bipartisan, or what? Strange one. It's feeding the Trump fanatics and I can see why.

They aren't, they are fighting against the GOP having literally hundreds of "observers" who were shouting and disrupting things left and right.

From what I understand between all candidates they were allowed 131 observers (no idea why such an odd number) but literally hundreds of people on the GOP side turned up demanding entrance.

They were all refused and then they all starting trying to video in the windows etc. - Which is an offence , only the official people are allowed be there and see stuff.

So the election staff blocked the windows.

The GOP are now saying that they are "hiding" stuff.. even though they have dozens of staff inside already.

It's flinging turds in all directions to stir things up and cause trouble so that some Judge will eventually just go "ah lads , this is getting silly , let's just go with the result we have"

Think Brooks Brother riot on Social Media.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

I don't know, but there were a number of observers ejected from the/a count centre in PA yesterday because they were getting in faces of the counters who were feeling intimidated.
    If its the view of the Democrats that the goal of these observers is not simply to observe, but to intimidate, then I can see why they might object. There is also a process to follow to become an observer - you can't just turn up en masse and expect to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Zero ****s given by Twitter anymore with Trump. Censoring everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Penn wrote: »
    Trump loses Michigan case looking for counting of ballots to be stopped.
    That's 3 losses to 1 "massive" win so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

wes wrote: »
    Also, there is a pandemic, too many people who are too close could endanger people health. We already seen Trump rallies become super spreader events.

The order says to follow covid guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Because among the observers the Trump campaign have sent are Eric Trump, Lara Trump and Pam Bondi. This is done purely as an intimidation tactic of the count staff by the Trump campaign by sending those as "observers".

This.

A number of Trump observers were removed from count centers due to them intimidating the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Quin_Dub wrote: »

I think that's the key point with all that - they don't want a repeat of what happened with Bush.

jjmcclure wrote: »
    This.

A number of Trump observers were removed from count centers due to them intimidating the staff.

It's like a mob boss sending out his goons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Laois_Man wrote: »
    I'd say yer man heading up the count in Clark County is an absolute bastard to work for!

Ridiculously Rude and surly- if you can’t answer a few simple questions then piss off and let someone else do the job.
    Following this the big difference I can see is the humour removal most Americans seem to have. Bad enough as our media might be they’d at least draw some honour from it and lighter moments with a bit of deprecation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Looks like Democrats are trying to hide something they should be delighted in having observers if they are confident Biden has the votes! Believe Biden is so popular dead people are voting from the grave for him!

The last sting of 234,000+ dying wasps (and counting).

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

Looks like a lot of accusation without any proof.

https://twitter.com/elistokols/status/1324397101216862209?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Good NYT article on what's happening in Arizona:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/05/upshot/arizona-election-call.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Zero ****s given by Twitter anymore with Trump. Censoring everything.

that aint on really. censoring! are we in 1984?

what did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Looks like Democrats are trying to hide something they should be delighted in having observers if they are confident Biden has the votes! Believe Biden is so popular dead people are voting from the grave for him!

John McCain is anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Graham wrote: »
    50401 votes, assuming they all go to Biden/Trump

2436015 +36% 18144 2454159
    2422467 +64% 32257 2454724 +565

There another one on Donnies Nuke list if that happens....

is_that_so wrote: »
    That's 3 losses to 1 "massive" win so far!

what was the win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

drogon. wrote: »
    Looks like a lot of accusation without any proof.

https://twitter.com/elistokols/status/1324397101216862209?s=21

They have no evidence. The goal is clearly to stoke tensions. This is turning closer towards a really dangerous scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    They have no evidence. The goal is clearly to stoke tensions. This is turning closer towards a really dangerous scenario.

Yes this is total House of Cards stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Penn

what did he say?

It's not censoring. It's adding a warning to his tweets which contain false information about the election where you have to click View to read the tweet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

what did he say?

Lies basically.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    They aren't, they are fighting against the GOP having literally hundreds of "observers" who were shouting and disrupting things left and right.

From what I understand between all candidates they were allowed 131 observers (no idea why such an odd number) but literally hundreds of people on the GOP side turned up demanding entrance.

They were all refused and then they all starting trying to video in the windows etc. - Which is an offence , only the official people are allowed be there and see stuff.

So the election staff blocked the windows.

The GOP are now saying that they are "hiding" stuff.. even though they have dozens of staff inside already.

It's flinging turds in all directions to stir things up and cause trouble so that some Judge will eventually just go "ah lads , this is getting silly , let's just go with the result we have"

The order has nothing to do with who is an observer or allowed to observe, it is simply about how close observers can get.

ChikiChiki wrote: »

i will preface this by saying i dont know.

but if the republicans haven't been allowed to observe the votes, its near impossible to prove anything.

so the question is really, have all voting processes been followed correctly?

if yes, no problem.
    if no, a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

what was the win?
    That nonsense about the observers in PA, being appealed according to a poster upthread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

what did he say?

I don't think 1984 had factcheck warnings like Twitter.

It had doublespeak, like Donny and the Reps are masters of though.

robinph wrote: »
    Lies basically.

do twitter censor lies?

EmFIanNVgAEdzNN?format=jpg&name=small

• Advertisement

do twitter censor lies?

Apparently they censor things that are disputed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement