Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Penn

i will preface this by saying i dont know.

but if the republicans haven't been allowed to observe the votes, its near impossible to prove anything.

so the question is really, have all voting processes been followed correctly?

if yes, no problem.
    if no, a problem.

They have been allowed, and in accordance with the proper processes set in place before the election.

What Trump has gone to court for was for observers to be allowed to go closer to the counters. That's in excess of the proper process, but has been allowed. Dems are challenging that, but regardless, it's not a case of impropriety or anything being done wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭Panrich

It's surely time now for Republicans to cut Trump loose and disown this dangerous talk and legal actions. I know that they want to hold on to the presidency if they can but in reality, the tail has been wagging the dog for the past 4 years anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

She also added that the issue that the Trump Campaign has been going to the supreme court over is quite insignificant, there are hardly any late ballots received

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

do twitter censor lies?

When it is coming from the President in the middle of an election they certainly need to add warnings about what he is saying when it is evidently false and lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

kilns wrote: »
    Yes this is total House of Cards stuff

You'd really have to hope that it isn't.

If its House of Cards stuff, then Trump's ranting is softening the ground for something else much bigger.
    Hopefully it's all just Trump having one of his tantrums.

• Advertisement

Apparently they censor things that are disputed

They're adding disclaimers to tweets that are trying to undermine a fair election..

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

is_that_so wrote: »
    That nonsense about the observers in PA, being appealed according to a poster upthread.

According to the secretary of PA, it was about the distance the observers (both sides) had to be from the staff.
    It's not a republican only change, its both sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

Hurry up Nevada end this thing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

do twitter censor lies?

They factcheck tweets relating to sensitive topics like elections, and add warnings if there's no proof.

Most of Trumps tweets have a warning on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,012 ✭✭✭✭listermint

i will preface this by saying i dont know.

but if the republicans haven't been allowed to observe the votes, its near impossible to prove anything.

so the question is really, have all voting processes been followed correctly?

if yes, no problem.
    if no, a problem.

They have been allowed. You know they've been allowed. They are creating misdirection and misinformation. You should feel angry that they think you are that stupid to swallow this nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

So I'm seeing comments from Irish Trump supporters, saying no don't follow that news outlet, check out Fox, you will get the real news. Then when pointed out Trump now hates Fox, they say oh yeah Fox went like the rest. This is within seconds
    I'm honest to god worried for our own country with these idiots, who let's be honest, mostly vote for Sinn Fein, the polar opposite to DT.
    We've gone from The Twilight Zone to One flew over the Cuckoo's nest

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

They're adding disclaimers to tweets that are trying to undermine a fair election..

Yea I don't have a problem with it in this case, I'm not sure how much good it does for the potential of abuse it entails

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

So I'm seeing comments from Irish Trump supporters, saying no don't follow that news outlet, check out Fox, you will get the real news. Then when pointed out Trump now hates Fox, they say oh yeah Fox went like the rest. This is within seconds
    I'm honest to god worried for our own country with these idiots, who let's be honest, mostly vote for Sinn Fein, the polar opposite to DT.

I just had this with my brother :pac:

Clark County, Nevada don't expect their final numbers until saturday/Sunday unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Apparently they censor things that are disputed

Baseless falsehoods don't dispute anything but the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Triangle wrote: »
    According to the secretary of PA, it was about the distance the observers (both sides) had to be from the staff.
    It's not a republican only change, its both sides.
    Fair enough, I was referring to the "massive" win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Clark County, Nevada don't expect their final numbers until saturday/Sunday unfortunately.
    yeah they are getting over 50k extra votes in tomorrow and said it will be Sunday or Saturday for final tally up, plus trumps BS about non residents could delay it further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

funnydoggy wrote: »
    I just had this with my brother :pac:

Seconds between the statement of
    Check Fox it's real
    To
    Fox is bad.
    And these call other people sheep. The irony is frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

It is hard to conceive how any rational, reasonably intelligent, right thinking human could support a personality like Trump as president or even has a friend or colleague.

What floors me more is the realisation that there are people here in Ireland who like him, support him and hope he does well.

Like what is wrong with people?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

I know a few Trump supporters here and honestly I could have predicted them. Idiots, no careers, fond of conspiracy theories.

One guy has a MAGA hat. He might as well have IDIOT on it.

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    Fair enough, I was referring to the "massive" win.

Sorry, can't help with that one. I'm looking forward to seeing what it was myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Go on Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 34,012 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Seconds between the statement of
    Check Fox it's real
    To
    Fox is bad.
    And these call other people sheep. The irony is frustrating

It's palpable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Pennsylvania could steal a march on them

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Sorry, can't help with that one. I'm looking forward to seeing what it was myself!
    No, that was it!

A Pennsylvania court ruled that Trump campaign observers could stand closer to watch ballot processing in Philadelphia!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Baseless falsehoods don't dispute anything but the truth.

It's called a precedent, right now it is just hiding it, soon it will be blocking completely. And I used the word disputed because they use it, meaning that the power over information flow is being concentrated in a couple of corporations. All politics aside I don't think that's good for the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Facebook in particular has a huge part to play in framing susceptible people's opinions to such an extent that continued reinforcement of these beliefs makes it very difficult to reverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Facebook in particular has a huge part to play in framing susceptible people's opinions to such an extent that continued reinforcement of these beliefs makes it very difficult to reverse.

What do you suggest we should do to reverse that problem, gulags?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

scamalert wrote: »
    yeah they are getting over 50k extra votes in tomorrow and said it will be Sunday or Saturday for final tally up, plus trumps BS about non residents could delay it further.

It does strike me as ridiculous that you can get 50k 3 days after election day......

It's not like the election date was known in advance....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement