Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,787 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It's called a precedent, right now it is just hiding it, soon it will be blocking completely. And I used the word disputed because they use it, meaning that the power over information flow is being concentrated in a couple of corporations. All politics aside I don't think that's good for the world.
    Stopping the spread of utter shíte is certainly good for the world. The world needs to re-separate itself from conspiracy loons.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

is_that_so wrote: »
    Fair enough, I was referring to the "massive" win.

Indeed - 4 Cases heard , they were essentially run out on a rail in 3 of them for failing to provide any evidence of what they were alleging but they are allowed stand a bit closer to the counting tables now.

So yeah - Massive win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭Panrich

So I'm seeing comments from Irish Trump supporters, saying no don't follow that news outlet, check out Fox, you will get the real news. Then when pointed out Trump now hates Fox, they say oh yeah Fox went like the rest. This is within seconds
    I'm honest to god worried for our own country with these idiots, who let's be honest, mostly vote for Sinn Fein, the polar opposite to DT.
    We've gone from The Twilight Zone to One flew over the Cuckoo's nest

And we're well on the way to President Camacho

• Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Like a half assed dictator, it's very funny but then you realise they are serious.

https://twitter.com/kayleighmcenany/status/1324407170268540934

Poor Kayleigh, unemployable after January, like the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Penn wrote: »
    They have been allowed, and in accordance with the proper processes set in place before the election.

What Trump has gone to court for was for observers to be allowed to go closer to the counters. That's in excess of the proper process, but has been allowed. Dems are challenging that, but regardless, it's not a case of impropriety or anything being done wrong.

how close are they allowed to be and can they reasonably be expected to monitor accurately from there; and is that being adhered to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

If I had to vote between trump and an onion, that onion would “get my complete and utter endorsement”.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It's already been debunked, the dead man has a younger relative with the same name, living in the same area.

https://www.logically.ai/factchecks/library/0dd425c5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    They factcheck tweets relating to sensitive topics like elections, and add warnings if there's no proof.

Most of Trumps tweets have a warning on them.

Social media companies should be accountable for what goes on their platforms. No traditional media outlet can allow people to say what they want without been open to libel laws.
    You can't go on Joe Duffy and slander people, because RTE would be liable for the slander.

What do you suggest we should do to reverse that problem, gulags?

Well theres these places that provide a thing called education. You should check it out. It has different levels depending on age.

Its far better and more reliable than twit-education.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

What's this all about? Who did the dead man vote for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

Zero ****s given by Twitter anymore with Trump. Censoring everything.

A warning to say that his tweets aren't supported by evidence isn't censorship.

People can still read them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

It's called a precedent, right now it is just hiding it, soon it will be blocking completely. And I used the word disputed because they use it, meaning that the power over information flow is being concentrated in a couple of corporations. All politics aside I don't think that's good for the world.

You're calling for the breakup of the Murdoch media empire? Good call.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Inquitus wrote: »
    It's already been debunked, the dead man has a younger relative with the same name, living in the same area.

https://www.logically.ai/factchecks/library/0dd425c5

With the same year of birth (or does that not matter)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Why would we need gulags when the problem is code and alogithirms??

The people are not doing much wrong apart from maybe spending too much time online and not questioning what they read.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Enquiring wrote: »

A man with the same name as a dead man from the same area voted.

It is apparently the cause of Trump losing the Presidency. :rolleyes:

how close are they allowed to be and can they reasonably be expected to monitor accurately from there; and is that being adhered to?

Actual republican officials are allowed. The drunken Jebediah with his two ak-47's roaring "STOP THE COUNT" is not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Joe Biden now needs just 59% of what's left in Pennsylvania.

May as well call it for Biden now.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

With the same year of birth (or does that not matter)?

The year of birth is pulled from a different place, so doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Is there nothing to be said for having another mass?

I'm surprised the race is this close; I thought Trump would walk all over Biden given the large, and very loud, group who support him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Indeed - 4 Cases heard , they were essentially run out on a rail in 3 of them for failing to provide any evidence of what they were alleging but they are allowed stand a bit closer to the counting tables now.

So yeah - Massive win.
    And yet it's such very predictable behaviour. It's also all over the map and seems to be in the same genius place as a Baldric cunning plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,012 ✭✭✭✭listermint

joe40 wrote: »
    Social media companies should be accountable for what goes on their platforms. No traditional media outlet can allow people to say what they want without been open to libel laws.
    You can't go on Joe Duffy and slander people, because RTE would be liable for the slander.

Registering for social media should include your phone and address so that your are held responsible for what you say. Just like in real life. You can still use a pseudonym but the platform have your real name.

The platform should be held liable if no action is taken against users who don't adhere to existing laws just like real life.

We are well past social media being invasive into reality so why should it be outside of normal legal avenues. Theres people harassing individuals in their sitting rooms daily

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Graham wrote: »

The guy entered the 1902 DOB though, why did a vote still show up?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The year of birth is pulled from a different place, so doesn't matter.

Ah fair enough so it's not used for verification at all?

Do you have a link? Not doubting just interested

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Enquiring wrote: »

He didn't, already debunked several times in this thread.

The dead guys son/grandson has the same name living at the same address and the system there allows you to search for people using 01/01/1900 as a default/null DOB if you don't know that detail.

So , just like EVERY SINGLE other example of so called FRAUD!!!! put forward by Trump and his minions , it's complete and utter guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

Graham wrote: »

Oh dear. You can't get away with voter fraud in this day and age. I don't know how people are believing there was some. There's nothing to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

What do you mean "why", obviously if Biden is voted as president and becomes incapacitated (heart attack, assassination, another stroke they can't hide) Harris becomes president. The odds are shortening along with Biden's odds. It's still a few months until the next president is actually inaugurated.

No it’ll be Polosi I believe. If Biden wins, Harris isn’t VP until she’s sworn in so him passing prior to inauguration will mean she hasn’t been inaugurated herself. There is a process in place however, fairly sure it’s Polosi but open to correction on who.. but it ain’t Harris

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

sky88 wrote: »

I believe Karl Rove, because if it was possible, he would have done it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

do twitter censor lies?

the tweet is still there so how is it censored? How is putting a notice saying "this tweet is just a big damn lie" censoring?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement