Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Penn

@ 8-10. "stats were that 68% of Pennsylvania mail-in requests were Democratic".

soo confused here; how can they know they were Democrat voters? if it is by 'areas'? [even by 'poorer' areas]; then were these areas bought by the Democrats.

I know how stoopid that sounds, as it is politics; but it seems an oddly previous carving-up of the turf.

In America, many people tend to be registered members of one of the parties. That's what allows them to vote in primaries for Dem/GOP candidates. So it would be on their public record that they're a registered member of the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Does his failure to actually concede matter? I assumed the vote on electoral colleges determined it ultimately. Raving loon removed from office feels like how it'll go at this stage.

Fairly sure the founding fathers and constitution foresaw a scenario when a president refused to leave office. They foresaw more complicated things such as the need for electoral colleges.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    I don't think he will. It'll be an inflammatory speech claiming fraud and rigging against him. There will be protests and riots from his supporters because he'll borderline encourage them to go out there and kick up **** until the country is forced to abandon democracy and accept him.

surely the 1st amendment will prevent that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

We know how some groups acted when Hillary lost. We know there are some groups preparing for violence when Trump wins. The (IMO) false narritive of Biden on the verge of winning being perpetuated by the mainstream media is building false hope among these groups. They will react violently when Biden loses. Itll be worse if the result is not known for some time.
    Half Tory half redneck is some combination

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

E mac wrote: »
    You can imagine melania sitting next to obama and having a great old time. She always seems to be a much happier person when she is seated next to Barack.

She's a much happier person when she's in the company of anyone else but her husband.

c8ef89f7371fb27e61ecbcd687477980.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

briany wrote: »
    Yes. He would actually try to be a statesman

Trump wasn't elected for his Statesman abilities. He's done sheet Biden would never dream of.
    Instead of nuclear war we got a short documentary on Rocket Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭briany

8-10 wrote: »
    I disagree. It was wrong to call it when they did, even if it ends up going the way they declared it. It's inconsistent with what is happening in other races they aren't calling and as the largest conservative news outlet, guess what's happened since? Conservatives have ran out to the count centre in Phoenix chanting 'count the votes' as they believe that every vote should be counted and the maths showed that there were way more ballots outstanding than the margin between the candidates and the mail in's hadn't started yet. The race also narrowed multiple times today.

It was too early.

?

Every vote *is* counted. AP can judge a race as they see fit, and they don't need to budget for the moronity of the kind of person who will march down to the polling station and be a nuisance based on their bad mathematics. I have a feeling that crowd would be down there to chant something or other in the event the thing isn't going their way anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

if there is a legitimate question over the veracity of the votes (or counting of them) i would say he is correct.

if there is no question, then please just step aside graciously.

personally, i would prefer a clean transfer; get it done, and let joe get on with running it.

these drawn out contests help no one, only further cause polarisation.

Lol, let Joe get on with running it. Those Democrats did everything to obstruct Trump. This is going the whole way to the Supreme Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

donvito99 wrote: »
    Trump supports Brexit. Biden does not. The fact that Trump owns a shoddy hotel in Doonbeg doesn't come in to it. Ireland stands to gain a great deal if Biden follows through on Democratic Party commitments to the GFA.

In summary, you're talking out of your hoop

Trump supports Brexit because once out of the EU the UK will desperately need new trading partners, and Trump knows he can squeeze them for all their worth. That's all he cares about. The democrats will do the same, they care about the US not Britain. Both democratic and republican parties have solid Irish American supporters and will likely want the Good Friday agreement upheld.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

c8ef89f7371fb27e61ecbcd687477980.jpg

If I hit you back with a Michelle O'Bama meme we both know who's getting a belt of the weekly ban hammer.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Lol, let Joe get on with running it. Those Democrats did everything to obstruct Trump. This is going the whole way to the Supreme Court.

They ran a campaign?

All the while, Trump's administration cripple the postal service to prevent Americans from voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

anyway, i was occupied for the last 2 hours or so...any big developments?

Biden asked Obama what's the Oval Office curtain dimensions.

He's done sheet Biden would never dream of.

He sure has. Like claim the only way he could lose the election was if it was rigged.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If I hit you back with a Michelle O'Bama meme we both know who's getting a belt of the weekly ban hammer.:p

Would she be one of the Limerick O'Bamas?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I have to say I overestimated Trump supporters. There has to be something missing upstairs when Trump loosing an election causes you to make up conspiracy theories rather than accept reality. That level of disassociation is bordering on schizophrenic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,768 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

With Trump losing that means the contract between them has been broken. She'll be heading for the exit and the pay off I guess.

310b7841-4e47-496a-9f0e-540fd8e5e36c.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Yeah those Dems are real asshats for trying to uphold some sort of rule of law/accountability, arent they?

?

Every vote *is* counted. AP can judge a race as they see fit, and they don't need to budget for the moronity of the kind of person who will march down to the polling station and be a nuisance based on their bad mathematics.

is AP the associated press?

regardless of who AP is, you cant judge a race as "they see fit".

there's no interpretation here, its black and white. votes are votes are votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

With Trump losing that means the contract between them has been broken. She'll be heading for the exit and the pay off I guess.

310b7841-4e47-496a-9f0e-540fd8e5e36c.gif

She has been with him Years before his stint as President.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Me thinks the US will face a constitutional crisis. Not a chance Trump will concede.

Thankfully conceding is not a legal point. It's usually just a formality. It has no actual impact on the outcome of the election and the legalities of who wins.

• Advertisement

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I have to say I overestimated Trump supporters. There has to be something missing upstairs when Trump loosing an election causes you to make up conspiracy theories rather than accept reality. That level of disassociation is bordering on schizophrenic.

Conspiracy theories are a large component of Trumpism. Here's the man himself refusing to denounce QAnon.

maybe so. the only way it does is if trump can prove some sort of fraud which needs to go to state court 1st i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,231 ✭✭✭threeball

It's definitely not shoddy. Have you a source for " good Russian money" gone in to Trumps Doonbeg Hotel?

All Trumps money since 1989 has been Russian. Keep up. I suggest you read up on the man. Try house of Trump, house of Putin to begin and go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

FOX news called Arizona. Trump's biggest supporter in the media.
    I think the hosts/ analysts on CNN are ready to burst out laughing when its finally called for Binden, it's like they have a catchphrase 'count the votes'
    It's a dream election for them loads of drama, trump throwing toys out of the pram, Binden staying cool, as Biden slowly marches to victory

• Registered Users Posts: 34,012 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Based on your style if imagine the meme you would throw up would be derogatory , racial and appearance related.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

?

Every vote *is* counted. AP can judge a race as they see fit,

Yes I agree but they are way out of kilter with the rest of the outlets bar Fox.

It means that, if Nevada declares tonight for example in Biden's favour, Fox and AP will have to project Biden as winning the election.

Then if Arizona flips Red as the votes are trending, they're in an awkward situation as more conservative vote counting outlets like CNN are still following the facts.

I get that they can judge it as they wish, but they can't have been certain at 2.50pm yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Trump's Secretary of Defense Mark Esper has prepared a letter of resignation

is AP the associated press?

regardless of who AP is, you cant judge a race as "they see fit".

there's no interpretation here, its black and white. votes are votes are votes.

No a news outlet can judge a race, as in call it. They look at the numbers coming in and make a prediction based on what they're seeing. They're not always correct but that's how it's done.

But as I also said, it's not binding, which is why it's ridiculous for any candidate to b*tch about it. All they need worry about is the official tally coming in from polling stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Imagine Inauguration Day...when all the ex presidents are seated together. Can't imagine Trump being there making small talk and sharing a laugh with Obama /Bush/ Clinton.

Upclose, no masks? Carter wouldn't make it to Walter Reed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,768 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

CNN reporting Trump wants to speak but his officials won't let him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement