Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭forumdedum

boardise wrote: »
    I know what you're saying but I hope it doesn't happen . That could really trigger social mayhem.

I would not like to see social mayhem as a result.

Trump is doing his best to cause riots. If I'm going you're all coming with me.

I predict he will take his own life actually. From being a spoilt child who inherited billions to possibly buying his way into a presidency he can't accept lack of attention etc. A monster was created a long time ago. So far his party colleagues are not standing up to him. Fear I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Actually felt for a second that he was gonna announce his resignation from the red side.

I honestly thought the same , it was one of those am I really seeing this right now

whiskeyman wrote: »
    This is always a dangerous take.

His supporters didn't just come out of nowhere.
    And they won't go away when Biden gets in either.

Well said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

forumdedum wrote: »
    I would not like to see social mayhem as a result.

Trump is doing his best to cause riots. If I'm going you're all coming with me.

I predict he will take his own life actually. From being a spoilt child who inherited billions to possibly buying his way into a presidency he can't accept lack of attention etc. A monster was created a long time ago. So far his party colleagues are not standing up to him. Fear I'm sure.

Weird prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

cj maxx wrote: »
    Did trump have a meltdown in that interview? It was hilarious

Thats one way of putting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

nullzero wrote: »
    So killing a clearly deluded 74 year old man is something that cannot be reasonably seen as amoral?

nice twist..

There was no morality judgement or call in my statement. I didn't even say I wanted it to happen.

But since you asked the question of morality - if you want my opinion, I think in the net balance of morality, you would still be hard pushed not allow him to live (in this messed up hypothetical situation).

It getting into the type of pop hypothetical philosophical questions like "If you could go back and kill Hitler before WW2, would you?" The morality of killing one man, but to potentially save millions.. etc

EDIT: My original comment a few pages back..
    km991148 wrote: »
    Ultimately I don't wish harm on anyone. Its not his fault he has obvious mental difficulties. But I still think in the grand scheme of things, the world would be better off with him not in it.

Unfortunately there would be riots and more division if someone decided to resolve things in this manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

AllForIt wrote: »
    This election thread has been pretty cr*p, petty and childish from people I don't need to name.

Now, what Sky News and CNN are saying about Trumps comments are hysterical and like the polls deliberately misrepresenative.

He didn't say valid postal votes shouldn't be counted. He alluded to postal votes that were delivered after election day and so many of them going to Biden is actually odd. He agreed it makes sense they would favor him but questioned that is so high.

He was absolutely right in his opening comments about the media and big tech. Totally right. The media are the one's that reported these wildly inaccurate polls and didn't question them and social media promoted them as well. They should't be allowed do news imo, when they can promote stories they want by simply placing them at the top of your feed.

He shouldn't have used the term fraud but this is DT.

Oh, and this thing about showing evidence, he's hardly going to show the evidence at a press conference. Such stupid commentary by the media, even in the case Trump is wrong.

"What Trump really meant was..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭dinorebel

can you answer 1 question if you're so honest..what are bidens policies?
    You've been given a link to his policies multiple times you're either too lazy to look it up or trolling I know where my money would go.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

AllForIt wrote: »
    This election thread has been pretty cr*p, petty and childish from people I don't need to name.

Now, what Sky News and CNN are saying about Trumps comments are hysterical and like the polls deliberately misrepresenative.

He didn't say valid postal votes shouldn't be counted. He alluded to postal votes that were delivered after election day and so many of them going to Biden is actually odd. He agreed it makes sense they would favor him but questioned that is so high.

He was absolutely right in his opening comments about the media and big tech. Totally right. The media are the one's that reported these wildly inaccurate polls and didn't question them and social media promoted them as well. They should't be allowed do news imo, when they can promote stories they want by simply placing them at the top of your feed.

He shouldn't have used the term fraud but this is DT.

Oh, and this thing about showing evidence, he's hardly going to show the evidence at a press conference. Such stupid commentary by the media, even in the case Trump is wrong.

This is bs. The Pennsylvania Secretary of State confirmed earlier today that ballots that arrived after election day are being set aside and not counted for now. She also confirmed that the number of them is very very low relative to the overall number of votes. You are just repeating Trump's lies without checking anything out yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

That's the scariest bit!

• Advertisement

Yeah...that's still a f***ed up thing to say whether you know him or not.

(For the record I don't believe you but I think it's still a poor reflection on you to say it)

I'm just being honest.

He didn't show much compassion for people who died from Covid. What value was put on their lives?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Quite right. The cult of Trump will not go away when he leaves office, that much is for sure. He's gotten around 6 million more votes this year than he did in 2016. The US is a broken country.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,502 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

o1s1n wrote: »
    That speech was pretty monstrous.

Psycho stufff, I’d say he’s done for the republicans for even a generation, this won’t be forgotten....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭boardise

nullzero wrote: »
    In relation to the poverty most of us were living in back then Ireland Haughey was a pound for pound bigger b@stard than Trump is.

Fake tan wasn't around back then though.

also purloining Brian Lenihan's liver transplant money......:eek:

Haughey was the dregs. i was a regular FF voter back then (I know, stupid callow youth)-but never again after the 'Haughey era' ).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

you support biden, you should be at least able to say why?

He's not Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

I couldn't care less. Having watched Trump 4 years ago I stopped, refusing to give him any attention (not that I'm important). A monster has been created and this wasn't helped by so much media coverage.

He is a horrible thing (I don't even call it human) and I look forward to his disappearance.
    what did he do that was so monstrous?
    You really need an answer to that?
    froog wrote: »

so what did he do? i'm not gonna read that. maybe summarise the few key points.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I wouldn't like to be a Republican running in Philadelphia or Detroit any time soon..he slated the f*ck out of both cities.

Idiot.

Strumms wrote: »
    Psycho stufff, I’d say he’s done for the republicans for even a generation, this won’t be forgotten....

I shuddered the morning I woke up to hear he had won. It was never going to end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,429 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

He offended the sensibilities of middle class Irish people. The fact that he didn't invade any countries or foment any rebellions abroad or do anything truly monstrous like the last 10 or so presidents before him counts for nothing with these people.

Which wars did Obama start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭maebee

I want him on RTÉ doing our next GE.

He'd have to learn to keep repeating "Comes with a health warning"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,502 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Banned should be the least of his trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

km991148 wrote: »
    nice twist..

There was no morality judgement or call in my statement. I didn't even say I wanted it to happen.

Christ stop digging. You played with the idea of murder being acceptable because you thought it would make you appear to be down with the crowd. You are eager to be liked but you went about it the wrong way. Own up and move on. Perhaps reconsider taking everything at face value and learn to think for yourself.

Yet we already have the I don't like Trump but.. excuses coming from some already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

If you need to ask what harm Trump has done in his presidency, then it might suggest you need to try and break free of whatever media bubble you live in.

If you think that he is of good moral stock and fit for leadership, it might suggest that you need to assess your own life choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It will be.

If they voted in their millions this time round for GOPpers despite the last 4 years, what makes you think that they'll think that that statement is the straw that broke the camel's back?

People are idiots. That's the only constant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

why don't you do a bit of reading and stop annoying people like a good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

On a general note:

Spoofers tend to live their whole lives spoofing, it usually goes unchallenged so they end up thinking that no one realises they're spoofing.

This seems to be what happened to Trump ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

dinorebel wrote: »
    You've been given a link to his policies multiple times you're either too lazy to look it up or trolling I know where my money would go.

In 1996, Biden voted in favor of the Defense of Marriage Act which prohibited the federal government from recognizing any same-sex marriage, barring individuals in such marriages from equal protection under federal law.

there's one of his policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I wouldn't like to be a Republican running in Philadelphia or Detroit any time soon..he slated the f*ck out of both cities.

Idiot.

Due to his dislike of black populations

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement