Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Sobering figures for the Biden campaign. I don't think they have flipped a single red State from 2016 yet?

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1323829138705182720

Is that today's voting or total votes including early/mail in voting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Is Trump good for Ireland? Sorry I’m new to all this.

No. A trump victory makes it more likely that the UK will opt to look for a very slim or no Brexit trade deal with the EU in favour of the US.

That and the general instability the Trump administration has brought to global affairs is not good for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

quokula wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/cawthornfornc/status/1323813315169165313?s=21

Classy victory speech there from the newest Republican congressman.

He's an absolute idiot. Should stick to his crutches.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Qiaonasen

Georgia and North Carolina leads shortening for Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Trump is only good for rich people with millions in the bank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭hometruths

So the nightmare scenario of a Trump self declaration of victory tonight when the mail in ballots that could turn it for Biden have yet to be counted is more and more likely at this point.

One feels that this could get really ugly.

If Trump thinks he has won, he won't declare a victory without giving Biden ample opportunity to concede.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

biden holding @ 2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

He’s unambiguously and specifically bad for our interests. He will not support our position on Brexit. He is indelicate with respect to the GFA. He wants to bring American multi nationals home, and has mentioned pharma specifically in that respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Trump can declare he has won all he wants it means nothing until all the votes are counted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

froog wrote: »
    biden odds just shortened massively on oddschecker, from 3/1 to 2/1. not entirely sure what it's based on.

Arizona. Biden has gone favourite there. That means that two out of the three rust belt States could do him. I'm not really understanding Trump being favourite at the moment, Biden is still favourite in my book.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

It is possible that he aggressively pursues business based in Ireland to return to America.

Though this didnt really happen during the first term, despite him reducing the corporate tax rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Trump still up by 7 points in Virginia, apparently some press outlets who had called it are recanting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

The peaceful protests affecting things in Wisconsin? Had a post earlier about Bidens 17 point lead...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Biden will take Arizona.

So he only need Michigan and Wisconsin. Wouldn't need Penn.

But his path has narrowed significantly.

He is still favorite to win atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Totofan99

Following this since about 10pm but haven't commented yet.

Surprised to see so many calling it here. It's way, way, way too early.

Watch what happens up north - Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa. Early days yet here. Only about a third of votes counted in Wisconsin and Michigan. Only a fifth of votes in from Iowa.

Also, Arizona is interesting. Biden may flip it. That's 11 electoral college votes.

And that's before we get to Ohio and Pennsylvania. Only 18% of the PA vote counted so far is the early vote. Could be a swing to Biden as more of that vote comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Qiaonasen wrote: »
    Georgia and North Carolina leads shortening for Biden.

Georgia won't be called by tomorrow, north carolina should be called for Trump soon, the early votes are already in the tally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Biden will take Arizona.

Wisconsin won't be easy

Dante7 wrote: »
    Arizona. Biden has gone favourite there. That means that two out of the three rust belt States could do him. I'm not really understanding Trump being favourite at the moment, Biden is still favourite in my book.

trump supporters just see red and call win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

If you break down Pennsylvania it is looking good for Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Trump still up by 7 points in Virginia, apparently some press outlets who had called it are recanting.

Use this https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/results-president.html and it will give you an idea of the votes counted

• Advertisement

no state has flipped either way yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Biden will take Arizona.

No the race comes down to PA if Biden doesn't pick up at least 1 other battleground (and I already include Nevada, which looks like it will be for Biden):

531682.PNG

But I mean anything, 2 electoral votes in Maine or Nebraska would clinch it for JB

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Biden will take Arizona.

Really? I wouldn't be so sure. Again, I think Biden's early lead just isn't good enough. I think it's very much in play for Trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He’s unambiguously and specifically bad for our interests. He will not support our position on Brexit. He is indelicate with respect to the GFA.

Would you be able to provide quotes on his position in relation to the Good Friday Agreement please?

Also, what specifically about 'our position' on Brexit does Trump not support and how relevant is this supposed lack of support?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cave_dweller

Wisconsin and Michigan will count in-person votes first, so Trump leading there will be expected to change or at least became a lot tighter. If Biden takes Arizona, then he still has a 50/50 chance. I think Michigan and Wisconsin will go for Biden, which makes Pennsylvania the key. Both Biden and Trump will need that state to get to at least 270.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Simply 4 more years .

A great result.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Looking like a Trump win if I’m honest. Biden came out strong with the early vote but I don’t think it’s enough to carry him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Overheal wrote: »
    No the race comes down to PA if Biden doesn't pick up at least 1 other battleground (and I already include Nevada, which looks like it will be for Biden):

531682.PNG

But I mean anything, 2 electoral votes in Maine or Nebraska would clinch it for JB

Yes sorry, you're final point is correct but Biden is likely to take them so I factored that in.

He would only need one of Wisconsin or Michigan AND Penn.

OR Michigan and Wisconsin without Penn.

That's IF he takes Arizona.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

It's like Town Mouse vs Country Mouse. it looks like every single American who doesn't live in a fairly major population centre has voted for Trump, while the majority of population centrs have voted for Biden, but enough have voted for Trump to roll it for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    Looking like a Trump win if I’m honest. Biden came out strong with the early vote but I don’t think it’s enough to carry him.

In some places the early vote hasn't even been counted yet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement