Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,099 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

km991148 wrote: »
    nice twist..

There was no morality judgement or call in my statement. I didn't even say I wanted it to happen.

But since you asked the question of morality - if you want my opinion, I think in the net balance of morality, you would still be hard pushed not allow him to live (in this messed up hypothetical situation).

It getting into the type of pop hypothetical philosophical questions like "If you could go back and kill Hitler before WW2, would you?" The morality of killing one man, but to potentially save millions.. etc

EDIT: My original comment a few pages back..

None of what you've said rationalises the notion of killing the man.

Pretty soon, like most former presidents, he'll fade I to obscurity. The world will continue without his face being present in all of our lives on a daily basis.

As for the kill Hitler before ww2 argument, they really aren't the same thing. Are you proposing that had Trump been killed before he was elected president the world would be a better place in the same way a world without Hitler would have been a better place? The two men and their actions aren't in the least bit comparable.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

AllForIt wrote: »
    This election thread has been pretty cr*p, petty and childish from people I don't need to name.

Now, what Sky News and CNN are saying about Trumps comments are hysterical and like the polls deliberately misrepresenative.

So a simple question. Do you think observers watching the counting of votes were having to use binoculars in the room?
    Also how lucky was it that they brought binoculars to a counting room.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I wonder if Biden were in Trump's shoes (losing via mail ballots) and making the same claims about alleged irregularities, what people would say...

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

In 1996, Biden voted in favor of the Defense of Marriage Act which prohibited the federal government from recognizing any same-sex marriage, barring individuals in such marriages from equal protection under federal law.

there's one of his policies.

Trump has stated many times that he is against gay marriage

He basically had an on line meltdown. It was like he was live twittering in front of the cameras instead of being sat down watching Fox talking points while agreeing with them and twittering from the safety of the office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

CNN debasing themselves and following Trump into the gutter is not going to help anyone either. Some of the comments being made are only serving to divide the nation even further. They're only playing right into Trump's hands.

Yeah. Blame the people reporting what he is saying instead of the fúcking eejit saying the stupid things.

Nobody's playing into Trump's hands. There's no strategy here from Trump. He has no play that doesn't rely on Giuliani or some other eejit. He's just shít and just about enough people in the US have figured that out. He's out.

You can't blame the media for reporting on a US President.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

As if John King hadn't already obtained hero status, he's just referred to Trumps "intellectual inconsistency" regarding counting trends.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Shovel70

I actually fully believe the man is ill.

He is paronid, delusional and coming across as very manic.

I have thought for a long time that he is suffering for a personality disorder, now possibly bí polar.

His family, if they had any consideration for him should step in.

He seriously needs help.

Maybe a touch of the "Long Covid"...if he ever had it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

maebee wrote: »
    He'd have to learn to keep repeating "Comes with a health warning"

Imagine him on the 18th count in Cavan-Monaghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Graham wrote: »
    He's not Trump.

How hard is it for him to grasp that people that people are more keen on the candidate that isn't a psychotic, paranoid, rambling lunatic that is trying to incite violence by making ludicrous claims of fraud whilst simultaneously validating the election in states that he won.

How is it such a monumental mental effort for you to understand how one doesn't have to particularly like Biden or all of his policies to still be massively relieved he appears to have won. Like how dense do you have to be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

On a general note:

Spoofers tend to live their whole lives spoofing, it usually goes unchallenged so they end up thinking that no one realises they're spoofing.

This seems to be what happened to Trump ?

He's a charlatan who has spoofed his way since daddy gave him his first million. He has charisma and obvious networking skills and a ruthlessness that people operating at the top level have.

Business acumen is not a strong point and his spoofing definitely has gotten him by.

I actually fully believe the man is ill.

He is paronid, delusional and coming across as very manic.

I have thought for a long time that he is suffering for a personality disorder, now possibly bí polar.

His family, if they had any consideration for him should step in.

He seriously needs help.

Have you seen his kids tweets lately, unless your going with a heredity angle on mental illness?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,482 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

nullzero wrote: »
    Just let him have his recounts

Let's face it, when either side of the political divide in America doesn't get its way, these days it goes out into the streets and everybody suffers.

Recount everything, take the time it requires and keep the violence off the streets for a change.

It'll give them time to calm the **** down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭briany

so what did he do? i'm not gonna read that. maybe summarise the few key points.

It's certainly worked to Trump's advantage that his supporters don't like to read more than 280 characters at a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

Common just call one of the states and get it over with. Once Biden hits 270 reality will start sinking in for most people, maybe even Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

"What Trump really meant was..."

Does Peter have two accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Something tells me you'd have voted in favour too.

Explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Ficheall wrote: »
    I wonder if Biden were in Trump's shoes (losing via mail ballots) and making the same claims about alleged irregularities, what people would say...

pretty up the same thing i would guess

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Reasonable people would say the claims should be investigated and the truth one way or the other will come out.

• Advertisement

I live in North Dakota/Texas/Arizona, what we're seeing is organised voter fraud. The democrats flew in hidden ballots on a flying saucer, extra layer of aluminum foil fooled the satellites. But I'm not fooled, gonna show them by seceding from reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

He wouldn't be doing that because it is not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,502 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It will be.

If they voted in their millions this time round for GOPpers despite the last 4 years, what makes you think that they'll think that that statement is the straw that broke the camel's back?

People are idiots. That's the only constant.

Because a LOT of Americans are center right, responsible, reasonable and fair and value their democracy above all else... what they’ve witnessed from Trump... it’s nuts, it’s not democratic, infighting, inciting violence on tv, it’s horrible, it’s horrific..if this was happening in Afghanistan we’d be shaking our heads as much in disgust as disbelief.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

If we had of been any way Civil to the Donald he might have had our back. ...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

sy0mxz5fohx51.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 83,535 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I live in North Dakota/Texas/Arizona, what we're seeing is organised voter fraud. The democrats flew in hidden ballots on a flying saucer, extra layer of aluminum foil fooled the satellites. But I'm not fooled, gonna show them by seceding from reality.

You could have just said Springfield

• Registered Users Posts: 13,482 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I'm not sure he would manage to be so tactless, but it would kick off all the 'he's got dementia' stuff again for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

pretty up the same thing i would guess

Few people would have the brass neck to make unsubstantiated claims.

That's the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement