Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

boardise wrote: »
    Normally one would expect he military to be more Republican oriented -but Trump crazily described US captured soldiers as 'losers'and insulted a great American patriot in Sen.John McCain -which might change the arithmetic somewhat.

Insulted Mattis too who was very highly regarded in military circles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

V8 Interceptor forum banned for ignoring threadban

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

HDMI wrote: »
    The US badly needs to move away from its current voting setup, it's total ****e and backward.

50 states and 50 different sets of rules. They need move to a single method, its crazy that a state like Florida with a 21 million population was able to get it's vote in but little ole Nevada with just over 3 million is taking days.

Get it done in one night and be done with it and remove all this excess baggage that comes after.

would be interesting to see how it would pan out with EC going with % of the state vote.

as in texas....75 goes red .25 blue, same with california.

has anyone crunched those numbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

He sounds bitter.

He actually does. I reckon he got abuse thrown at him in 2016 by trump supporters and has been counting down the days to write that.

Probably delighted with himself now

• Registered Users Posts: 83,534 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

He sounds bitter.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

HDMI wrote: »
    The US badly needs to move away from its current voting setup, it's total ****e and backward.

50 states and 50 different sets of rules. They need move to a single method, its crazy that a state like Florida with a 21 million population was able to get it's vote in but little ole Nevada with just over 3 million is taking days.

Get it done in one night and be done with it and remove all this excess baggage that comes after.

It needs a serious overhaul but I'd be more concerned about the first past the post system than the count time. Heck the presidency doesn't change until January, plenty of time to get a count done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

you can attack the post.

have at it...whats your own POV on the matter?

(I was kinda tounge in cheek - late night humour - and thanks for quoting the original too lol!)

I think Trump has been very damaging for free speech -Can I assume you meant Trump is for Free speech?

Most of Trumps campaign has involved destabilising some aspect of society - the media, the press, public debate and now democracy!

He even claims big tech is censoring him - which for anyone who knows how social media companies make their money - is ridiculous as they have sold out to (literally) to allow Trumps campaigns to spread misinformation - which although is allowed under free speech, its ultimately damaging as it makes it very difficult to have and healthy or honest debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Looking at how tight these races have been, I bet Trump is absolutely sick he didn't beat the mail-in drum more!

He probably would have won if he had the lazy votes added to his tally!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Your medical qualifications?

You don't need medical qualifications to suspect there may be something not quite right. I don't know if Biden is in early stages of dementia. Maybe he's not. But if a member of my family were making the mistakes he has I might suggest they have it looked into. Could be nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

53k now in Pennsylvania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

He sounds bitter.

Yup! As he should.

And now is his time to smug! And rightfully so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

Steve Bannon banned from Twitter for promoting violence.
    Steve Bannon, Trump’s former top adviser, has been suspended from Twitter and had a YouTube removed after he called for the beheading of Anthony Fauci and Christopher Wray.

Bannon urged violence against the nation’s leading coronavirus expert and the FBI director on his “war room” show where he asserted that the president would win re-election and that he should fire the two officials in his second term, Media Matters reported. Bannon then said: “I’d put the heads on pikes, right, I’d put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats. You either get with the program or you’re gone – time to stop playing games.”

YouTube took down the episode today, though the channel remains up. A spokesperson told TechCrunch that it removed the video for “violating our policy against inciting violence”. The company did not immediately respond to the Guardian’s inquiry about its decision to keep the channel running. Bannon’s Twitter account was also taken down, and the company told the tech news site that it was “permanently suspended” for violating rules against glorifying violence.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/nov/05/us-election-joe-biden-donald-trump-result-latest-who-is-winning-live-2020-updates

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Looking at how tight these races have been, I bet Trump is absolutely sick he didn't beat the mail-in drum more!

He probably would have won if he had the lazy votes added to his tally!

No he would be complaining how the us postal service screwed him out of the election because it's run by a democrat

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yup! As he should.

And now is his time to smug! And rightfully so!

I suppose. Eventually you have to pay it back though. And so on and so forth...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Steve Bannon, Trump’s former top adviser, has been suspended from Twitter and had a YouTube removed after he called for the beheading of Anthony Fauci and Christopher Wray.

Ah now come on, that's just pure lies. Heads on a pike is a well-known political phrase. You may not like it but it's well established. Same with "heads will roll". You can't claim only the right lie when you see lies like this.

Calls for violence also seems a major stretch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Ah now come on, that's just pure lies. Heads on a pike is a well-known political phrase. You may not like it but it's well established. Same with "heads will roll". You can't claim only the right lie when you see lies like this.

Defending Steve Bannon. That's low. And it was quite clear what he meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Saying Biden has dementia gets you banned but saying the following gets you lots of likes .:confused:

As someone who suffers from MH difficulties, I also do suffer from stress induced manic episodes.

I think it was glaringly obvious my post was actually a concern for welfare and shock and disbelief that not one person, who is supposed to care for him, has actually stepped in and done something.

My post was in no way a slight on him, or attempting to use a MH to slate him in anyway.

I don't like the man, I never have liked him, however his behaviour over the last few hours is of concern and I know if and when I exhibit similar behaviour, my family and friends ring a GP immediately, to be Frank, I think anyone's would

Olberman needs to have another glass of wine, or one less?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Strumms wrote: »
    I wonder if the military will be on the streets tonight? To aid the police?

It’s quite fûcking unbelievable what’s going on there it’s like something out of a Hollywood movie..

I watched a few minutes ago, a live cross to a BBC reporter in Las Vegas saying he had taken a look at a Trump Rally preparing to get underway and said the mood was angry and there were people with guns and that his supporters fully believed the election was being stolen from them and that there are lots of illegal votes being used to disenfranchise them.

I think there is every chance Trumps boys will turn to violence, they have swallowed his petulant claims, hook line and sinker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

You can view it that way, others won't:

"Second term kicks off with firing Wray, firing Fauci, no I actually want to go a step farther but the president is a kind-hearted man and a good man. I'd actually like to go back to the old times of Tudor England. I'd put their heads on pikes, right, I'd put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats, you either get with the program or you're gone."

"In Georgia, where Trump’s lead over Biden has shrunk to 3,486, only 18,936 ballots remain uncounted, according to Jordan Fuchs, the deputy secretary of state." - NYT

If those are challenged/invalidated ballots Trump may win GA by the skin of his teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,705 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Did you watch the video. There was no ambiguity about it.

Bannon 'I'd actually like to go a step further, I'd go back to the time of Tudor England, I'd put their heads on spikes'.

His colleague then brought up the case of two people who were hung during the revolution for cohabiting with the British. Whole video was less than a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,502 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Na of course he's of sound mental health! As sprightly as a spring lamb :pac:

Are you a trained and qualified psychologist, or in possession of other qualifications that enable you to make such a diagnosis? :confused:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

Polar101 wrote: »
    Fox News is entertaining.. this is a battle of love vs hate.
    As in, Trump supporters love Trump, but Biden supporters hate Trump.

Trump is probably the David;- as opposed to the Joe Biden Goliath coalition of big media, Wall St. money, and big tech.

He said that of the tens of millions of mail-in votes sent to people; that many were unsolicited, by those people.

It is a bad day for America if Trump is not elected, not only may the Democrats have rigged the election (putting in the rules in the first place, probably decades ago?); but the concept of lockdown, which may now be appropriated by the Democrats for,their own? timely, use in a wishy-washy way in the future; further will attenuate the American economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

You don't need medical qualifications to suspect there may be something not quite right. I don't know if Biden is in early stages of dementia. Maybe he's not. But if a member of my family were making the mistakes he has I might suggest they have it looked into. Could be nothing.

Search the thread for the word 'stutter'.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,959 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Did you watch the video. There was no ambiguity about it.

It was obviously a joke.
    In poor taste but it will be taken out of context like so many things .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

km991148 wrote: »
    (I was kinda tounge in cheek - late night humour - and thanks for quoting the original too lol!)

I think Trump has been very damaging for free speech -Can I assume you meant Trump is for Free speech?

Most of Trumps campaign has involved destabilising some aspect of society - the media, the press, public debate and now democracy!

He even claims big tech is censoring him - which for anyone who knows how social media companies make their money - is ridiculous as they have sold out to (literally) to allow Trumps campaigns to spread misinformation - which although is allowed under free speech, its ultimately damaging as it makes it very difficult to have and healthy or honest debate.

i think trump has been the only sanity for free speech!

look it up on youtube, people getting bullied/screamed down/harassed for their POV.

its disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Overheal wrote: »
    Olberman needs to have another glass of wine, or one less?

He adds nothing to the conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

.........fine. damn, I can't believe he said that, I thought only people on 4chan said things like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement