Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

Ah now come on, that's just pure lies. Heads on a pike is a well-known political phrase. You may not like it but it's well established. Same with "heads will roll". You can't claim only the right lie when you see lies like this.

Calls for violence also seems a major stretch.

That's the Guardian's quote, not mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,502 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

cnocbui wrote: »
    I watched a few minutes ago, a live cross to a BBC reporter in Las Vegas saying he had taken a look at a Trump Rally preparing to get underway and said the mood was angry and there were people with guns and that his supporters fully believed the election was being stolen from them and that there are lots of illegal votes being used to disenfranchise them.

I think there is every chance Trumps boys will turn to violence, they have swallowed his petulant claims, hook line and sinker.

I’ve a lot of family in the US... Florida, NY and Connecticut... hope that this doesn’t kick off, the country is a basketcase because of this psycho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Did CNN say Trump may take Arizona?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Overheal wrote: »
    "In Georgia, where Trump’s lead over Biden has shrunk to 3,486, only 18,936 ballots remain uncounted, according to Jordan Fuchs, the deputy secretary of state." - NYT

If those are challenged/invalidated ballots Trump may win GA by the skin of his teeth.

Why would they be invalidated?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Search the thread for the word 'stutter'.

None of the many gaffes I've seen were incidents of stuttering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It is a bad day for America if Trump is not elected, not only may the Democrats have rigged the election (putting in the rules in the first place, probably decades ago?)

They rigged the election by following the rules. Makes sense!

Like when I cheated in my Leaving Cert by learning the answers to the questions before the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

I watched a few minutes ago, a live cross to a BBC reporter in Las Vegas saying he had taken a look at a Trump Rally preparing to get underway and said the mood was angry and there were people with guns and that his supporters fully believed the election was being stolen from them and that there are lots of illegal votes being used to disenfranchise them.

I think there is every chance Trumps boys will turn to violence, they have swallowed his petulant claims, hook line and sinker.

It's been obvious to me for a long time that violence was inevitable. There was no way Trump wouldn't incite disorder from his base under phone pretences. Things are really going to kick off when Biden reaches 270.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Overheal wrote: »
    "In Georgia, where Trump’s lead over Biden has shrunk to 3,486, only 18,936 ballots remain uncounted, according to Jordan Fuchs, the deputy secretary of state." - NYT

If those are challenged/invalidated ballots Trump may win GA by the skin of his teeth.

they wont be invalidated.

anyway it's all irrelevant cos biden wins nevada.

would be interesting to see how it would pan out with EC going with % of the state vote.

as in texas....75 goes red .25 blue, same with california.

has anyone crunched those numbers?

If the Electoral College followed the national vote, Clinton would have won in 2016.

Trump, for all his boasting, is a two-time loser of the national vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Did CNN say Trump may take Arizona?

They've always said that. It's only Fox News the bumbling morons who called it long ago despite the remaining demographics favouring Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

i think trump has been the only sanity for free speech!

look it up on youtube, people getting bullied/screamed down/harassed for their POV.

its disgusting.
    The guy walks out of interviews when he can't handle the questions. That would be fine if he was just a regular joe but not as President.

He's not into free-speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

None of the many gaffes I've seen were incidents of stuttering.

The search was to find a relevant quote, but you seem to know what you want to think so no loss.

J2CVC wrote: »
    You can view it that way, others won't:

"Second term kicks off with firing Wray, firing Fauci, no I actually want to go a step farther but the president is a kind-hearted man and a good man. I'd actually like to go back to the old times of Tudor England. I'd put their heads on pikes, right, I'd put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats, you either get with the program or you're gone."

Doesn't sound like a turn of phrase to me. Sounds like a threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Defending Steve Bannon. That's low. And it was quite clear what he meant.

Steve Bannon is an idiot but I doubt he really wants to behead anyone and he gets banned. Kathy Griffen is another idiot who reposted her bloody beheaded Trump photo and twitter leaves it go. It seems like double standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You don't need medical qualifications to suspect there may be something not quite right. I don't know if Biden is in early stages of dementia.

Save your energy, nobody cares about your or anybody else's baseless "musings" about Biden’s health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

They've always said that. It's only Fox News the bumbling morons who called it long ago despite the remaining demographics favouring Trump.

Are the AP bumbling morons for having it called too? Google "US election".

The statisticians on Fox are good and honest people.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The CNN reporter in Arizona looks as though he might've been out enjoying himself before he had to go live.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,959 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Alot of that is sensationalist propaganda.
    RTE had a piece the other night about some Democrat representative who said she feared Republicans would block her voting using guns .
    The vast majority of people who have been violent and caused looting,rioting,arson and assault in the US so far this year havent been Trump supporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

As someone who suffers from MH difficulties, I also do suffer from stress induced manic episodes.

I think it was glaringly obvious my post was actually a concern for welfare and shock and disbelief that not one person, who is supposed to care for him, has actually stepped in and done something.

My post was in no way a slight on him, or attempting to use a MH to slate him in anyway.

I don't like the man, I never have liked him, however his behaviour over the last few hours is of concern and I know if and when I exhibit similar behaviour, my family and friends ring a GP immediately, to be Frank, I think anyone's would

You knew it was wrong. Did you at least delete it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It's been obvious to me for a long time that violence was inevitable. There was no way Trump wouldn't incite disorder from his base under phone pretences. Things are really going to kick off when Biden reaches 270.

Feicimid. I think they'll just run and hide.

Trump at the time was a winner and that fed into his legitimacy. Now that he's a loser that might be harder to maintain. I'd say they'll move their worship from Trump to Carlson.

• Advertisement

Did you watch the video. There was no ambiguity about it.

Bannon 'I'd actually like to go a step further, I'd go back to the time of Tudor England, I'd put their heads on spikes'.

His colleague then brought up the case of two people who were hung during the revolution for cohabiting with the British. Whole video was less than a minute.

haven't seen the video. share a link?

goddam work computer!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,704 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It was obviously a joke.
    In poor taste but it will be taken out of context like so many things .

Really, he said he would fire them.
    Then, he said, no, he'd like to go further.
    Then he said that the president wouldn't do this because he is a nice man.
    Then he said he'd put the heads on spikes as a direct warning to 'federal bureaucrats' to get with the program.
    Then he said it was time to stop playing games.
    Then his colleague brought up about the anniversary of the hanging of 2 philadelphians.
    Then Bannon said that was how you win the civil war.

At no point was there a smirk, a grin, a glimmer in the eye, a giggle or a laugh.
    He also looked in to the camera at key moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,704 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

haven't seen the video. share a link?

goddam work computer!

Easily found on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Save your energy, nobody cares about your or anybody else's baseless "musings" about Biden’s health.

Sorry but you not liking something some says doesn't make it's baseless.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Alot of that is sensationalist propaganda.
    RTE had a piece the other night about some Democrat representative who said she feared Republicans would block her voting using guns .
    The vast majority of people who have been violent and caused looting,rioting,arson and assault in the US so far this year havent been Trump supporters.

What doe the BBC have to gain from propaganda? Do you believe the reporter was lying?

The guy walks out of interviews when he can't handle the questions. That would be fine if he was just a regular joe but not as President.

He's not into free-speech.

has the media been truthful about him?

Easily found on Twitter.

link it, i'll throw it up

• Registered Users Posts: 25,502 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Sorry but you not liking something some says doesn't make it's baseless.

Unless there is medical ‘evidence’ that’s verifiable suggesting Biden is not healthy enough to run for office..it’s baseless.

• Advertisement

The search was to find a relevant quote, but you seem to know what you want to think so no loss.

A relevant quote to what? I don't think I understand your point.

Pretty disingenuous response from you to be honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement