Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

sdanseo wrote: »
    GA isn't enough without NV. Only 16 votes, which would make a tie.

Crucially if the House has to break the tie, it's one vote per state delegation - NOT one vote per representative. Trump almost certainly wins if that happens.

Trump can't win without Georgia. A tie is the best he can hope for if he loses Georgia and that is highly unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Where are people getting their confidence from regarding it being a Biden victory already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

Crucially if the House has to break the tie, it's one vote per state delegation - NOT one vote per representative. Trump almost certainly wins if that happens.

Yes but you are assuming trump will take all the remaining states IMO that is highly highly unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

ShaneU wrote: »
    Last of the Georgia votes will be released at 5am here, that should finally end it.

Georgia won't be officially called for days because of the provisional and overseas military ballots that need to be counted, its way too close.

Quite interesting no one is talking about how Jorgenson taking over 1.2% of the vote and who it will effect the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

Ficheall wrote: »
    Ah now. Who hasn't at some point had a parent address them by all of their siblings names before getting the right one?

I'm saying it's not great to do but I agree with you. He corrected himself immediately. The man had a stutter growing up and I think most of his speaking errors are related.

The trump fans will cling to anything though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

J2CVC wrote: »
    He was attempting to introduce said son's daughter and got her mixed up with her cousin! Which wasn't great.

Didn't Trump say he'd probably be sleeping with his daughter if she wasn't his daughter?

At least you can attempt to blame Biden's error on dementia. I think even Trump's fans know he's a creep.

That’s totally irrelevant, I was replying to a quote saying about health of Biden, WTF has trump being a creep got to do with that, lame ass argument.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Back to Arizona on CNN after the break, don't really care about the numbers it's just funny watching the reporter having a meltdown when he has to do numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Where are people getting their confidence from regarding it being a Biden victory already?

He's going to win Pennsylvania so that's it game set and match even before counting Georgia, Arizona and Nevada.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,760 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Increasing likely that Arizona should push Joe into the White House. He’s ahead in Nevada but that’s super tight. New Hampshire to fall back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,148 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

humberklog wrote: »
    Back to Arizona on CNN after the break, don't really care about the numbers it's just funny watching the reporter having a meltdown when he has to do numbers.

you live a democracy and yet you don't care about the outcome?

• Advertisement

It won't come to that. Biden will win. Just a matter of time.

fin12 wrote: »
    That’s totally irrelevant, I was replying to a quote saying about health of Biden, WTF has trump being a creep got to do with that, lame ass argument.

I was clearing up Biden's error for you. And highlighting what the trump fans ignore in their own camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Strumms wrote: »
    As I said, you ‘suggested’ it.

;)

No I said based on the many gaffes I might suggest they have it looked into. It could be nothing. Preferably it is nothing. But the only way to get to verifiable evidence one way or the other is by looking into it.

You do know that the only way to get to having verifiable evidence is to look into it first right?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Sorry, no point in you quoting me for a response.

I was clearing up Biden's error for you. And highlighting how what the trump fans ignore in their own camp.

You didn’t clear up anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

We're all waiting for the outcome.

Even if the numbers are favouring Biden, it's not over till it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

ShaneU wrote: »
    Last of the Georgia votes will be released at 5am here, that should finally end it.

A batch of about 1200 ballots from suburban Atlanta just split 86% for Biden.

Why are they covering up the windows in the count centres? I worked in a count centre and the onlookers were literally breathing down on ur neck when u opened the ballots to count them and shouting out the name/outcome of every ballot. Very stressful job trying to keep ur count and people roaring names at the same time but we were told u have to show the ballot clearly to the onlookers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

any idea of the numbers? what the current count and how many left?

Trump ahead by 2497. A batch of about 1200 votes from a suburban county of Atlanta just split 86% for Biden.

Why are they covering up the windows in the count centres? I worked in a count centre and the onlookers were literally breathing down on ur neck when u opened the ballots to count them and shouting out the name/outcome of every ballot. Very stressful job trying to keep ur count and people roaring names at the same time but we were told u have to show the ballot clearly to the onlookers.

They have nominated onlookers from both parties in the building, keeping an eye on things up close. I'm not sure why they blocked the windows but it was tough enough for the admin staff without an armed mob banging on the windows, so maybe that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,760 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

No I said based on the many gaffes I might suggest they have it looked into. It could be nothing. Preferably it is nothing. But the only way to get to verifiable evidence one way or the other is by looking into it.

You do know that the only way to get to having verifiable evidence is to look into it first right?

Being on the odd occasion, guilty of misspeaking isn’t enough to prompt medical investigations. That’s nothing to be concerned about.

If you have a cognitive impairment, memory loss is a regular symptom that will very quickly manifest itself daily... ask a psychologist.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Why are they covering up the windows in the count centres?

There are people outside with guns, I'd want them not to have an easy view of me either.

1,902 in Georgia.

We're all waiting for the outcome.

Even if the numbers are favouring Biden, it's not over till it's over.

a you a law student?

it is all over when it's over.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    1,902 in Georgia.

biden won?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Beholders

TRANQUILLO wrote: »
    i know im in the thread contributing with this post but i don't understand why so many people take such interest in this .

I have friends in WhatsApp groups quoting swing states and electoral college this and popular vote that and they know **** all about irish politics or take an interest in anything going on in their own neighbourhood.

They pretend its because it will affect their day to day lives but i feel its just been sexed up for them via the west wing and house of cards. It also makes them feel intellectual to take an interest in it.

I find it all rather perverse. People talking about staying up all night to watch it etc.

Our own Tanaiste was in the "dock" today and there was a young lad attacked with an axe in the head in Dublin in broad daylight. There are more people talking about an election in a different country than those topics.[/QUOTE]

That is actually a fair point, and I wondered them same thing today, well oddly I haven't heard about the axe to the head to anyone, but infairness that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I think people are looking at this in a sense of history happening (future) that doesn't mean what you said is any less important, but our Tansiste wasn't in the dock (assumption of crime) today, he may have being questioned in the dail. (facts rather than assumptions)

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Being on the odd occasion, guilty of misspeaking isn’t enough to prompt medical investigations. That’s nothing to be concerned about.

If you have a cognitive impairment, memory loss is a regular symptom that will very quickly manifest itself daily... ask a psychologist.

Like I said, could be nothing. Probably is nothing. But the suspicion isn't baseless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

They have nominated onlookers from both parties in the building, keeping an eye on things up close. I'm not sure why they blocked the windows but it was tough enough for the admin staff without an armed mob banging on the windows, so maybe that.

Apparently they covered them because people were recording and taking pictures of the staff doing the counting and only certified press members are allowed to film and photograph in the count center. That's what I read on the new York Times anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

One thing in the fox nonsense I'm listening to here..

They ain't talking about the courts ruling against Donnie. Plenty or rabble rousing here look at this we've not verified, here look at that again we've not verified this.

• Advertisement

At the end of the day if he was a 30 year old man no one would be saying anything but he is in his late 70s, so I don’t think it’s that odd to be wondering?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement