Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

a you a law student?

it is all over when it's over.

Which is, of time of posting, not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

J2CVC wrote: »
    They have nominated onlookers from both parties in the building, keeping an eye on things up close. I'm not sure why they blocked the windows but it was tough enough for the admin staff without an armed mob banging on the windows, so maybe that.

Well I can definitely agree, it is a tough job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

It's not "over" but we're 3-0 down and there's 10 minutes to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Can a recount be requested in Georgia? I read something earlier about a 1% difference being required, does that apply to all states?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,148 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Can a recount be requested in Georgia? I read something earlier about a 1% difference being required, does that apply to all states?

no, different states have different rules

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

It's not "over" but we're 3-0 down and there's 10 minutes to go.

I think it's only 2-0 down. I'm waiting/hoping for the third goal before going to bed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Remember all those posters saying that there was no enthusiasm for Biden and no interest in his campaign. When all is said and done and all votes counted he'll have nearly 80m votes! Unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Automatic recount in Georgia if its less than 0.5% I believe, which it will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

No doesn’t apply to all states. There is no consistency to the rules in each state

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,961 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

biden won?

Nah, that's the difference between them now - 1902.

Biden will pass to take the lead over the next few hours. It can't really be called as a state though since it's so close, with provisional votes and military votes to come (no idea which way they will break).

And will almost certainly be recounted regardless who wins since the gap is so tiny.

Likely, by the time there is clarity on Georgia it'll be irrelevant, with Biden having taken PA by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Not in every state, but in Georgia the point is 0.5 of a difference when you can request one, and everyone does.

Historically though, recounts very, very rarely change outcomes unless you're talking about literally 100 votes or less or if there has been extreme shenanigans (eg Florida once upon a time)

What tends to happen is the bockity votes are equal on both sides and cancel each other out. Recount requests are sort of a token face saving gesture. I expect one in Georgia, but I don't expect it to change anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

biden won?

That's Trump's lead now. It was about 300,000 yesterday.

Still votes to be counted, most from areas that will favour Biden.

but yes, georgia have no laws. so of the electors give their vote to trump, that's their vote.

wont happen though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

the rule is that a candidate must reach 50% of the vote + 1 or else a runoff election needs to be held

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

bb12 wrote: »
    the rule is that a candidate must reach 50% of the vote + 1 or else a runoff election needs to be held

No way...? Why wouldn't they have said this on CNN?

That's only for the senate.

bb12 wrote: »

I believe that is only for the senate and the house not in the presidential elections

Where are people getting their confidence from regarding it being a Biden victory already?

He has an insurmountable advantage in the remaining tranche of votes in PA, which hands him the EC votes he needs. He has a decent chance at additional states as a bonus.

Trumps cabinet seem to have started resigning and Don Jr is talking about 2024. Even the Rs know it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Reminder all those posters saying that there was no enthusiasm for Biden and no interest in his campaign. When all is said and done and all votes counted he'll have nearly 80m votes! Unreal.

It's a reflection of how shíte Trump was.

But, oddly enough, Biden comes with actual policies on a website. There was some guy repetitively posting "What are Biden's policies" earlier but he never thought to turn his question into a google search. It's a shame really. If he had figured out that he could google such things, he might have been less confused.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Reminder all those posters saying that there was no enthusiasm for Biden and no interest in his campaign. When all is said and done and all votes counted he'll have nearly 80m votes! Unreal.

I think everyone thought Biden just had to keep quiet and Trump would lose it himself. I don't think anybody expected Trump to get so many votes this time.

But a lot of Trump's voters are racist or less educated, and a lot of that demographic won't change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

But a lot of Trump's voters are racist or less educated, and a lot of that demographic won't change.

Extremely ignorant comment

• Advertisement

I think everyone thought Biden just had to keep quiet and Trump would lose it himself. I don't think anybody expected Trump to get so many votes this time.

thats pretty much what happened, if trump wasn't so belligerent in the 1st debate he would have won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

HDMI wrote: »

Exactly.

You mightn't like it but studies have shown that and we might as well talk facts. Trump really doesn't do well with those with higher education.

It's a reflection of how shíte Trump was.

But, oddly enough, Biden comes with actual policies on a website. There was some guy repetitively posting "What are Biden's policies" earlier but he never thought to turn his question into a google search. It's a shame really. If he had figured out that he could google such things, he might have been less confused.

I think that poster was on the windup just to see if other posters could rattle them off but nobody engaged. They were well aware that he has them on his site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Sorry but studies have shown that.

Your kidding right? Can't even get a poll right to decide how conservatives votes will vote but you have a study showing they are ignorant uneducated racist.... Like I said ignorant comment.

engage in the comment surely?

what was ignorant?

ETA: cancel the above

A point to make -

A Biden Administration will get to appoint the next Postmaster General, the Florida re-enfranchisement measures will have bedded in, postal voting is now in place for a lot of people who hadn't done it before, and there’s still a decent possibility of snagging the senate and re establishing some kind of Voting Rights Act replacement in time for 2024.

Additionally, a LOT of the groundgame established this election will be there to use - the Georgia gains this time are almost entirely credited to Stacy Abrams, for example, and I think we'll see lots more like her.

I worry the GOP will find a less unhinged figurehead than Trump to get their weird agendas in next time, but there's reason to believe too that the Dems have some useful stuff to take forward from this in preparation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,760 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It wasn’t ignorant, rather then tackle issues head on with honesty, intelligence and intellect, he whips up fear and mistrust. The better educated can see through that.

thats pretty much what happened, if trump wasn't so belligerent in the 1st debate he would have won.

He was certainly a lot better in the second. Biden isn't a great debater and I think Trump messed up a bit that first time. I think the voters who that act would attract were voting for him already.

• Advertisement

A point to make -

A Biden Administration will get to appoint the next Postmaster General, the Florida re-enfranchisement measures will have bedded in, postal voting is now in place for a lot of people who hadn't done it before, and there’s still a decent possibility of snagging the senate and re establishing some kind of Voting Rights Act replacement in time for 2024.

Additionally, a LOT of the groundgame established this election will be there to use - the Georgia gains this time are almost entirely credited to Stacy Abrams, for example, and I think we'll see lots more like her.

I worry the GOP will find a less unhinged figurehead than Trump to get their weird agendas in next time, but there's reason to believe too that the Dems have some useful stuff to take forward from this in preparation.

what policies do you expect from joe?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement