Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Strumms wrote: »
    It wasn’t ignorant, rather then tackle issues head on with honesty, intelligence and intellect, he whips up fear and mistrust.

Oddly the vote he would want for Biden is coming from the poorest parts of Atlanta where education is a real problem. So I guess each side will take their share of the "less educated voters"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

J2CVC wrote: »
    He was certainly a lot better in the second. Biden isn't a great debater and I think Trump messed up a bit that first time. I think the voters who that act would attract were voting for him already.

for what reason? i've asked this maybe 5 times about why people voted for biden...what are his policies that you support?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

HDMI wrote: »
    Your kidding right? Can't even get a poll right to decide how conservatives votes will vote but you have a study showing they are ignorant uneducated racist.... Like I said ignorant comment.

It can't be ignorant if there are studies showing it, no matter how much you don't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

I do love that despite the title, this thread may reach 10,000 before a winner is announced. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,502 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Oddly the vote he would want for Biden is coming from the poorest parts of Atlanta where education is a real problem. So I guess each side will take their share of the "less educated voters"

You can receive and have access to education but that doesn’t mean you are an educated person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,731 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

thats pretty much what happened, if trump wasn't so belligerent in the 1st debate he would have won.

I really don't think that's true. The debates tend to not actually make any real difference, with both sets of followers claiming victory for their candidate regardless of performance. Trump showed nothing in that debate he hasn't shown a million times before - and as belligerent as he was, I doubt he actually lost anyone as a result of it. The biggest relevance of those debates really were to see if Biden would collapse - once he was grand, the status quo was maintained.

I believe the actual viewing figures for people watching more than a few minutes of that first debate were particularly low too.

for what reason? i've asked this maybe 5 times about why people voted for biden...what are his policies that you support?

If there were no Trump fans on tonight I'd be disappointed. Most have gone quiet but thanks for still flying that flag, for my entertainment if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

531955.jpg

It can't be ignorant if there are studies showing it, no matter how much you don't like it.

So if someone puts out a study you automatically take it as fact?

Sorry it's only a study and not much different than a poll and probably depending on who done the study will have very little fact.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I really don't think that's true. The debates tend to not actually make any real difference, with both sets of followers claiming victory for their candidate regardless of performance. Trump showed nothing in that debate he hasn't shown a million times before - and as belligerent as he was, I doubt he actually lost anyone as a result of it. The biggest relevance of those debates really were to see if Biden would collapse - once he was grand, the status quo was maintained.

I believe the actual viewing figures for people watching more than a few minutes of that first debate were particularly low too.

I think the thinking is that yes he's not going to lose anyone, but by acting less belligerent than usual he may have won a few voters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

what policies do you expect from joe?

What were the policies and plans that Trump had for a possible 2nd term?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,702 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Which of Biden's policies do you disagree with, and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

If there were no Trump fans on tonight I'd be disappointed. Most have gone quiet but thanks for still flying that flag, for my entertainment if nothing else.

Can you answer his question or what ?

So if someone puts out a study you automatically take it as fact?

Sorry it's only a study and not much different than a poll and probably depending on who done the study will have very little fact.

I follow the science. And this is where I suspect we will differ.

Considering he's running as the de-facto "not trump", as someone who won't be so divisive and destructive to american communities, for a lot of people that is enough.

Personally, his movement on climate alone is enough for me, and probably a lot of others I'd imagine. Everything else is short term annoyance, stuff that gets rolled back and reenacted term after term, but climate is the one thing we're running out of time on - it's my number 1 issue anyway. I'd rather Biden even be pushing much more on it, but of the two he's still the more active, and the one who's party actually recognises the scale of the issue.

You don't answer a question with a question.

US2 wrote: »
    Can you answer his question or what ?

Oh I definitely could yeah.

Oh I definitely could yeah.

You just have to Google his policies first yeah, otherwise you'd have answered.

lets wish those a merry sleep.

what flag is still flying? and why are you entertained it?

You don't answer a question with a question.

Read the thread. This poster has been answered, he just doesn't like it.

He's like a Japanese guy fighting on an island in the pacific years after WWII finished.

• Advertisement

I follow the science. And this is where I suspect we will differ.

You should have said it's science in the first place because that makes it more believable... What tripe :confused:

You just have to Google his policies first yeah, otherwise you'd have answered.

You're as sharp as a tack US2.

I think the thinking is that yes he's not going to lose anyone, but by acting less belligerent than usual he may have won a few voters.

Really? I doubt that... I really don't think him being a little less rude in a debate was going to draw in anyone that is still somehow ok with such classics as; "grab 'em by the pussy".

We've had four years of belligerence, along with a lifetime before that. An alright debate is not changing anything there.

his idea to raise corporation tax to pay for people who dont work.

please tell me thats no true?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Will you quit it with this question this is about the 15th time you have asked it tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

There is zero reason why not to call Georgia and Pennsylvania at this point. The writing is on the wall. It's like they're almost playing with Trump and his supporters at this point - put them out of their misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Considering he's running as the de-facto "not trump", as someone who won't be so divisive and destructive to american communities, for a lot of people that is enough.

Personally, his movement on climate alone is enough for me, and probably a lot of others I'd imagine. Everything else is short term annoyance, stuff that gets rolled back and reenacted term after term, but climate is the one thing we're running out of time on - it's my number 1 issue anyway. I'd rather Biden even be pushing much more on it, but of the two he's still the more active, and the one who's party actually recognises the scale of the issue.

Climate's a big one. His Covid measures and CDC engagement is really major for me also. His tax propositions are pretty solid.

The fact he isn't going to install SC judges who consider people like me fundamentally distorted human beings, that's pretty great. The fact his VC isn't a Dominionist crank who hates women, also significant. The fact he won't stack his foreign affairs mechanisms with Evangelical Endtimers who believe war in the Middle East is a religious aspiration, also good.

And just for fun, his pledge to form a task force to reunite the ICE orphans is a significant sentimental one.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Read the thread. This poster has been answered, he just doesn't like it.

He's like a Japanese guy fighting on an island in the pacific years after WWII finished.

lol wouldn't have expected that from you. Funny though.

his idea to raise corporation tax to pay for people who dont work.

please tell me thats no true?

It's not true.

• Advertisement

Precisely the same ones that led to Trump.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement