Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

HDMI wrote: »
    Still questions on the PA result if they are counting votes that came in after the 3rd. Justice Alito in the Supreme court left the door open for those to be challenged. The court in PA messed up ruling that votes could be accepted after the 3rd when their own state rules say only the legislature can make that decision. Fun times ahead.

PA legislature would be willing to tell it's voters their votes don't count after all? Bit slow to that

• Registered Users Posts: 31,730 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Still questions on the PA result if they are counting votes that came in after the 3rd. Justice Alito in the Supreme court left the door open for those to be challenged. The court in PA messed up ruling that votes could be accepted after the 3rd when their own state rules say only the legislature can make that decision. Fun times ahead.

True, but once the count is done, he's projected to win by 40,000 or more, so the relevance of those votes may lessen.
    I also think most of those will count anyway, if there appears to be supporting evidence that they were sent before the election date either through being postmarked, or coming in within the context of other mail-bundles that have postmarked pieces.

Frustratingly, a lot of 'wait-and-see' alright!

"Philadelphia releases its first batch of results in hours, netting Biden more than 10,000 votes. The Trump lead in Pennsylvania is now around 26,000 votes." - NYT

Can we please put a lid on this election before this thread reaches 10k? We started Part 4 the moment the polls closed and first results came out of florida. Week from hell

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Win with Biden or lose with Bernie sadly so yep the Democrat base picked the right choice.

And before any Bernie fans slag me off, I love the man, defended him for years , but I don't think he would have won on Tuesday night sadly.

America just isn't ready for that sort of president at this moment in time.:(

Yeah, agreed. This was a time people needed an alternative to Trump that didn't scare them. And Bernie scares a lot of people.

I still reckon Bernie would've had a chance back in 2016 when the country wanted something radical. But after 4 years of radical, they just want the equivalent of a nice quiet dark room, a bottle of water and some aspirin.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Overheal wrote: »
    PA legislature would be willing to tell it's voters their votes don't count after all? Bit slow to that

Not sure the legislature can retrospectively change the law. When the supreme court kicked it back they should have changed the rule rapidly.

• Advertisement

Not sure the legislature can retrospectively change the law. When the supreme court kicked it back they should have changed the rule rapidly.

The point being wouldn't it be up to the Legislature to sue and say they were damaged by the ruling?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Even if you're a kid in a diaper best you will get is a trip back to Mexico.

does anyone know asylum laws?

The point being wouldn't it be up to the Legislature to sue and say they were damaged by the ruling?

I think the issue would be fought out in the supreme court Trump v the PA legislature and with the current majority I don't think he would lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

does anyone know asylum laws?

Better call Saul

Tippex wrote: »
    Better call Saul

Saul would be like "is this your cellphone?" And the prosecution would be SHOOK :pac:

• Advertisement

does anyone know ansylam laws?

Not me anyway, I was living in Ireland with my american wife, married 10 years and it was a real pain and took the best part of two years to get in. It was funny because to get her into Ireland in 2005 all I had to do was do a short note on a piece of paper saying I accepted responsibility and she was allowed stay. I assumed I would be granted the same going the opposite way but ended up having to dance through hoops to get it sorted.

ended up having to dance through hoops to get it sorted.

jaysus the security routine gets stranger and stranger wha

Tippex wrote: »
    Better call Saul

twas a slow few seasons, chuck was there for too long.

the point of asylum is you are fleeing oppression, and you seek that in the 1st country you arrive in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭joseywhales

the point of asylum is you are fleeing oppression, and you seek that in the 1st country you arrive in.

A chuck with the literal tin hat made the whole thing, he was the spice.

We all know who is carrying that last season tho

giancarlo-espositoo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

if i come in through the southern border, and i quids in?

is it true, i can break the law and still not be sent home?

You really don't know much about US law and policy in key areas, do you?

If you enter the USA without permission you can be jailed and deported.

Claiming asylum is not a get out of jail free card; asylum seekers mostly have their claims rejected, are held in detention centres while their claims are being processed and get deported if they fail.

You didn't know about the Paris Agreement earlier. It's an international treaty to combat climate change, which Trump withdrew the USA from. Biden will rejoin the USA to it. Given how much the USA contributes to climate change, it would be a real blow if the USA stayed out of it.

The internet contains every bit of information you need to know about Trump's actions as President, his policies and about Biden's policies.

From what I can see of you, you're supporting Trump based on bits and pieces of half-arsed nonsense picked up at random, instead of doing your own research into his policies and actions, and then get píssed off when people challenge you about your lack of knowledge.

Very Trumpian...

Not me anyway, I was living in Ireland with my american wife, married 10 years and it was a real pain and took the best part of two years to get in. It was funny because to get her into Ireland in 2005 all I had to do was do a short note on a piece of paper saying I accepted responsibility and she was allowed stay. I assumed I would be granted the same going the opposite way but ended up having to dance through hoops to get it sorted.

congrats! fair play. was it hard work? sher i might just stroll up and i'm in?

A chuck with the literal tin hat made the whole thing, he was the spice.

chuck will never photocopy as well again me thinks.

There's no onus on asylum seekers to seek refuge in the first safe country (not the first country) they arrive in. They can seek it anywhere they choose.

If you had the faintest idea of international law on asylum or about the Paris Agreement, you might be worth discussing issues with.

As it stands, you're a blowhard know-nothing.

• Advertisement

congrats! fair play. was it hard work? sher i might just stroll up and i'm in?

I'll have whatever you're drinking tonight ;)

Coming soon!
    All mail-in ballots in Clayton County will be counted tonight, top elections official says

All remaining 4,200 uncounted mail-in ballots and provisional ballots cast in Clayton County, Georgia, will most likely be released by midnight, the director of the county's board of elections, Shauna Dozier, told CNN tonight.

Dozier said to expect results posted on the county's website roughly every 30 minutes until midnight.

The only remaining uncounted ballots will then be military ballots, which are due at 5 p.m. ET, on Friday. Dozier said she is unaware of how many military ballots officials may receive.

Clayton County, a suburb of Atlanta which trends Democratic, could put President Trump's path to the presidency in serious peril, noted CNN's John King earlier this evening.

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-biden-election-results-11-05-20/h_a6e97217427adcf94a50179f622ccda2

PS: according to CNN, even before these votes are allocated, the gap between Trump and Biden is now only 1,805 votes in Trump's favour.

There's no onus on asylum seekers to seek refuge in the first safe country (not the first country) they arrive in. They can seek it anywhere they choose.

If you had the faintest idea of international law on asylum or about the Paris Agreement, you might be worth discussing issues with.

As it stands, you're a blowhard know-nothing.

eh, yes there is. if you are seeking asylum, you do so in the 1st country you can.

asylum is for people prosecuted, and the idea is wherever they arrive take them in.

should be no asylum seekers into the the US, only canadian and mexicans

eh, yes there is. if you are seeking asylum, you do so in the 1st country you can.

asylum is for people prosecuted, and the idea is wherever they arrive take them in.

should be no asylum seekers into the the US, only canadian and mexicans

This is not required.

Ficheall wrote: »

It's perfectly legal to do this in multiple states. As the article says, states are supposed to contact voters to tell them about problems with their postal ballots, but often don't.

problem?

the headline:

Democrats urge Georgia voters to fix their absentee ballots before a Friday deadline.

i thought all votes were posted?

problem?

Totally legal in multiple states, including Georgia. Not sure what 'ah now' is about...

This is not required.

i know, massively OT, but was correcting an incorrect statement.

• Advertisement

Ficheall wrote: »

What's wrong with that? Do you know how the mail-in process works? You can track your ballot throughout digitally - if something has been flagged on it that looks like it will make it ineligible, you can see what the issue is, and provide additional information/proof to satisfy whatever query had drawn the red flag. It's a pretty awesome system to be honest!

I think a lot of people just imagine bits of paper sent in that are easy to forge or fake, but the whole thing is tracked from beginning to end very transparently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement