Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

the headline:

Democrats urge Georgia voters to fix their absentee ballots before a Friday deadline.

i thought all votes were posted?

Read the article and maybe the headline will be clearer. Voters have until 5 PM friday to resolve challenges to their ballot. They can track them online through the election office.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I just want it to be over. And while I've some sympathy for signatures not matching up with old records, if someone forgets to sign their ballot, that should be tough luck, tbph.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    What's wrong with that? Do you know how the mail-in process works? You can track your ballot throughout digitally - if something has been flagged on it that looks like it will make it ineligible, you can see what the issue is, and provide additional information/proof to satisfy whatever query had drawn the red flag. It's a pretty awesome system to be honest!

I think a lot of people just imagine bits of paper sent in that are easy to forge or fake, but the whole thing is tracked from beginning to end very transparently.

call me skeptical!

but of there's no evidence, carry on.

is that the party line? still!!

Ficheall wrote: »
    I just want it to be over. And while I've some sympathy for signatures not matching up with old records, if someone forgets to sign their ballot, that should be tough luck, tbph.

same as. just let it end!!

Overheal wrote: »
    problem?
    Read the article and maybe the headline will be clearer. Voters have until 5 PM friday to resolve challenges to their ballot. They can track them online through the election office.

i just quoted from the above source :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

Doesn't look like much is happening tonight, will wait another hour or so

Doesn't look like much is happening tonight, will wait another hour or so

in terms of results, we're all still waiting.

we've been arguing amongst ourselves for a while :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

This is not required.

True. The 1951 Refugee Convention requires refugees to obey the laws of the country in which they reside after being granted refugee status. This is the only legal responsibility it imposes on them:
    Article 2
    General Obligations
    Every refugee has duties to the country in which he finds himself, which require in particular that he conform to its laws and regulations as well as to measures taken for the maintenance of public order.
    The core principle is non-refoulement, which asserts that a refugee should not be returned to a country where they face serious threats to their life or freedom. This is now considered a rule of customary international law.

Customary international law means that it applies to all states, even those that have not signed up to the 1951 Refugee Convention.

Asylum seekers are not refugees; they are people whose claim for asylum (refuge) has not yet been established. If their claims are successful, they become refugees. If not, they can be deported.

Even successful claimants, who become refugees, can be deported if they commit serious crimes or are deemed a danger to national security:
    Article 33
    Prohibition of expulsion or return (“refoulement”)
    1. No Contracting State shall expel or return (“refouler”) a refugee in any manner whatsoever to the frontiers of territories where his life or freedom would be threatened on account of his race, religion, nationality, member-
    ship of a particular social group or political opinion.
    2. The benefit of the present provision may not, however, be claimed by a refugee whom there are reasonable grounds for regarding as a danger to the security of the country in which he is, or who, having been convicted by
    a final judgment of a particularly serious crime, constitutes a danger to the community of that country.

https://www.unhcr.org/uk/1951-refugee-convention.html

The law disagrees with you.

Latest figures from Georgia:

https://results.enr.clarityelections.com/GA/105369/web.264614/#/summary

Trump is 1,775 votes ahead of Biden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Latest figures from Georgia:

https://results.enr.clarityelections.com/GA/105369/web.264614/#/summary

Trump is 1,775 votes ahead of Biden.

I wonder if Trump maginally wins, but Biden wins enough of the other states to get him over the line, will Biden ask for a recount here to try and put a stamp on his victory?

good nights folks, ill reconvene in the morrow!

derfderf wrote: »
    I wonder if Trump maginally wins, but Biden wins enough of the other states to get him over the line, will Biden ask for a recount here to try and put a stamp on his victory?

No idea, could be a way to protect himself from 'faithless' Electoral College voters who vote for Trump despite Biden winning a state.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

HDMI wrote: »
    Still questions on the PA result if they are counting votes that came in after the 3rd. Justice Alito in the Supreme court left the door open for those to be challenged. The court in PA messed up ruling that votes could be accepted after the 3rd when their own state rules say only the legislature can make that decision. Fun times ahead.

If there was 1.2 million votes delivered by USPS in the days after the election don't you think that some employees would have tweeted photos of them all stacked up in the sorting office by now?

There might be a couple delivered afterward, but the vast majority were already delivered, just they couldn't be processed purely because Trump was anticipating wanting something like this to whine about.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

robinph wrote: »
    If there was 1.2 million votes delivered by USPS in the days after the election don't you think that some employees would have tweeted photos of them all stacked up in the sorting office by now?

There might be a couple delivered afterward, but the vast majority were already delivered, just they couldn't be processed purely because Trump was anticipating wanting something like this to whine about.

I never mentioned 1.2 million votes and haven't a clue where you're getting that number from. Votes in PA can arrive until the 10th I believe as long as they are dated the 3rd. I believe Biden will win either way but I still think there will be a challenge, doesn't mean it will change the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

good nights folks, ill reconvene in the morrow!

We all await you with anticipation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

No idea, could be a way to protect himself from 'faithless' Electoral College voters who vote for Trump despite Biden winning a state.

The EC voters will not do that. We saw in 2016 that they have the utmost integrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The EC voters will not do that. We saw in 2016 that they have the utmost integrity.

No we didn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 13,532 ✭✭✭✭fits

Biden expected to overtake Trump in PA in 2-3 hours time

Margin in Georgia is now +1267 for Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

salmocab wrote: »
    No we didn’t

Yes we did, perhaps you didn't though. There was massive pressure on them to vote against the democratically elected president, it was in the news for days

l4Ve2sc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

"An obese turtle on his back, flailing in the hot sun" - Anderson Cooper on Trump's rant last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

ah ah ah

d5qj96uw3jx51.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

HDMI wrote: »
    I never mentioned 1.2 million votes and haven't a clue where you're getting that number from. Votes in PA can arrive until the 10th I believe as long as they are dated the 3rd. I believe Biden will win either way but I still think there will be a challenge, doesn't mean it will change the result.

That's the number of postal votes that Trump wants them to ignore and have been sitting around waiting to counted since election night.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

Anyone else following the AP feed see the numbers in Georgia go up for Biden from 2,445,*** to 2,446,*** and then back again?

Could've sworn I saw it at 2,446,*** before making my coffee and then reset again when I was drinking my coffee. Could still be half asleep though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Hannity doubling down on Trump - so much Fraud!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Yes we did, perhaps you didn't though. There was massive pressure on them to vote against the democratically elected president, it was in the news for days

l4Ve2sc.jpg

There were faithless electors in 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

This is my opinion and everyone has one.

Biden will no doubt reach the 270. Trump will bring it to the SCOTUS and fraudulent votes will be discounted and entire states will be recounted under fair watch and Trump and Pence will win.

I expect for some posters to ridicule me. I don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,532 ✭✭✭✭fits

This is my opinion and everyone has one.

Biden will no doubt reach the 270. Trump will bring it to the SCOTUS and fraudulent votes will be discounted and entire states will be recounted under fair watch and Trump and Pence will win.

What fraudulent votes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Might be best to prepare yourself for disappointment, donnys out, Bidens in, this has been fairly obvious since Tuesday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement