Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Can we expect votes counted in today?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,028 ✭✭✭Christy42

is_that_so wrote: »
    Georgia seems to be and is now down to a gap of 600. Not 100% sure about PA.

Under 20k for PA now. Unsure how many are left in both states to count. I think about 14k for Georgia (plus military and some overseas which could break largely either way)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,991 ✭✭✭✭listermint

2e82530030103f9c.jpg

Ah I see you don't understand the difference on voter manipulation and vote manipulation.

Well thats a running theme with your analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Roger the cabin boy

This presidential election was entirely a referendum on Trump. It is irrelevant who he ran against, you know this because the Democrats failed to unseat incumbant Republicans in their senate and lost seats in their congress despite the billionaire class dumping $300 million in campaigns against them. Once the shouting is over Trump will go and the permanent goverment (aka the deep state) will be the winner. The US political system though will be gridlocked with neither side able to advance their agenda so a state of atrophy will be the result.

Trump may have lost the presidential election by slim margins, however, Trumpism is not going away and neither is the debt run up under his and previous administrations. Americans will have an empty suit as their president and a vice-president that only satisfies media virtue signalling (she was rejected during the DNC primaries). This election will leave a bitter aftertaste in both sides mouths. If the current outcome is not resolved lawfully, then one side is going to perceive the election was stolen from them and not trust future elections, it is clear that there is some level of fraud in the masil in votes but it is at the edges and it has always been there, most states are going to need to clean up their processes in advance of future elections otherise either side can dispute the results. The other side is not going to be happy either, because issues like healthcare are not going to be advanced by the current administration, they may be relieved Trump is gone, however the virus does not respect who runs the country. The media cannot blame the next black man killed by police on Trump and they can’t turn off the coronavirus panic. Does the virus suddenly go away because someone new is in the White House? The media will have a hard time putting Trump on the front page once he is gone, if they continue to do that then he casts a shadow over the incoming administration and they must take into account the significant number of the electorate that did not vote for Biden.

Some good things may come of this election cycle and that might be a dent in the identity politics narrative as the DNC and RNC comes to realise it alienates voters and cannot win future elections without appealing to enought of the other side. The noxious hate group ANTIFA have now outstayed their usefulness for the current election cycle and the state national guard have finally been called in on them in Oregon.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1324416507854561282

What does a Biden presidency mean for the Irish state? Same as Trumps Nothing the American state has it's own internal problems to deal with, Ireland and Brexit are not one of them, of more signifucance to American foreign policy is containing the Sino-Russian alliance.

Great post.
    Nice to read a balanced opinion for once.

I agree with it, esp. the bit about the deep state.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There's a big difference. Election interference is a foreign influence manipulating voters in various ways, be it through advertising on social media, astroturfing, etc.

Aka Twitter, Facebook and most other media. Trump's brief is to protect Americans from threats both Foreign and Domestic.
    They'll need to drag him out by the boots. He has a stronger case than the Democrats had about Russia. Trump has set the stage now this won't end quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭CharlesMartel

To secure his legacy for the ages, Donald Julius Caesar Trump needs to mobilise his legions and cross the Rubicon now! Any report on troop movements?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Less than a thousand votes difference for Georgia now. Trump is still awake and rage tweeting. Going to be any moment now that switches.

Won't be enough for 270... Unless he's watching Fox which still has Arizona for Biden.

robinph wrote: »
    Less than a thousand votes difference for Georgia now. Trump is still awake and rage tweeting. Going to be any moment now that switches.

Won't be enough for 270... Unless he's watching Fox which still has Arizona for Biden.

Nothing in it 665 there now, I read somewhere last night that there's still 12,000 military votes to come in later as in the next few days, not sure if correct but they won't be able to call Georgia without them if it's this tight.

I wonder is he trying to get banned deliberately...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1324613375213621248?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

To secure his legacy for the ages, Donald Julius Caesar Trump needs to mobilise his legions and cross the Rubicon now! Any report on troop movements?

Troops are not allowed take illegal orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Off the last few days, anyway shows that pollsters were wrong again so this indicates shy trump voters as i mentioned weeks back. Election shows a very divided country between rural and urban. If you had said to republicans ye could maintain senate and increase numbers in congress and have biden as president i think most soft republicans would have been very happy. The feared blue wave has not happened which is good for the stock market(so im happy) and Trump really is showing what a sore loser is he as we all expected, its laughable some of his extreme support want to keep counting in Arizona but not elsewhere. Trump still had a good election but hes behaving terribly with all these conspiracy theories. Democrats will not be overjoyed with there election either so no side can chest pump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

Is it fair to say Arizona looks safe-ish ?

Its mainly Maracopa County left, and its already leaning towards Biden?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Nothing in it 665 there now, I read somewhere last night that there's still 12,000 military votes to come in later as in the next few days, not sure if correct but they won't be able to call Georgia without them if it's this tight.

I wonder how much trump calling their falling comrades "losers" will have affected their votes

Aka Twitter, Facebook and most other media. Trump's brief is to protect Americans from threats both Foreign and Domestic.
    They'll need to drag him out by the boots. He has a stronger case than the Democrats had about Russia. Trump has set the stage now this won't end quickly.

No he doesn't... You realise Republicans are viewing him as insane at this point?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Is it fair to say Arizona looks safe-ish ?

Its mainly Maracopa County left, and its already leaning towards Biden?

Not certain as the ratio for the mail in ballots is different for Arizona as they are apparently used to using mail in voting. The gap has been coming down significantly since yesterday.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I wonder how much trump calling their falling comrades "losers" will have effected their votes

Usually I'd expect military votes to lean Republican, but the things Trump has said about McCain makes me think they'll vote blue

• Registered Users Posts: 18,172 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I wonder how much trump calling their falling comrades "losers" will have affected their votes

Dont forget also doing nothing when he found out Putin had put bounties on their heads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

Yes we did, perhaps you didn't though. There was massive pressure on them to vote against the democratically elected president, it was in the news for days

l4Ve2sc.jpg

US presidential elections have two phases: the democratic vote and the Electoral College vote.

Clinton won the democratic vote in 2016.

She received 65,853,514 votes; Trump received 62,984,828 votes.

Trump is a two-for-two loser in the democratic vote phase of the presidential elections.

If it wasn't for the archaic and undemocratic electoral college system, Trump would never have become president.

His supporters should remember that when they try to lecture the rest of us about respecting his mandate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭riddles

“Meanwhile, CNN’s Anderson Cooper had perhaps the most bruising words of the night: “That is the most powerful person in the world and we see him like an obese turtle on his back, flailing in the hot sun, realizing his time is over.”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Usually I'd expect military votes to lean Republican, but the things Trump has said about McCain makes me think they'll vote blue

The fact he hasn’t started any wars and put their lives on the line might make them vote for him..... who knows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I find it really bizarre that so many Irish people appear to have a grá for Trump. He is obviously a lunatic, a bigoted, misogynistic, uneducated, self serving lunatic so to see him bitch slapped like this, in such a public arena, is utterly delightful.

I watched his speech last night, he is a broken man and is very much on the edge. Wouldnt at all surprise me if he was dead within 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

No he doesn't... You realise Republicans are viewing him as insane at this point?
    At best those in the GOP who might support him outside his deranged family unit are hiding behind let's count the vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

US presidential elections have two phases: the democratic vote and the Electoral College vote.

Clinton won the democratic vote in 2016.

She received 65,853,514 votes; Trump received 62,984,828 votes.

Trump is a two-for-two loser in the democratic vote phase of the presidential elections.

If it wasn't for the archaic and undemocratic electoral college system, Trump would never have become president.

His supporters should remember that when they try to lecture the rest of us about respecting his mandate.

A republican candidate pretty much cannot win the popular vote anymore, california, NY and a few others on the eastern seaboard assure that.
    The electoral college is the only thing that means states like colorado or minesota actually have a say in their own elections

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

riddles wrote: »
    “Meanwhile, CNN’s Anderson Cooper had perhaps the most bruising words of the night: “That is the most powerful person in the world and we see him like an obese turtle on his back, flailing in the hot sun, realizing his time is over.”

Im loving how CNN are ripping him to shreds the past few days. Chris Cuomo has done so a few times too. I know they may be a bit biased but rightly so in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

A republican candidate pretty much cannot win the popular vote anymore, california, NY and a few others on the eastern seaboard assure that.
    The electoral college is the only thing that means states like colorado or minesota actually have a say in their own elections

They could still split the EC votes by the popular vote for the state. If the state has 10 votes, and it's 50/50, it should be 5 votes for each candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

I find it really bizarre that so many Irish people appear to have a grá for Trump.

I think it’s only because he seems to have some b@lls, something the politicians and leaders of Ireland have been sorely missing since.... forever. I think the last of them that had some were executed after the rising, and we’ve had fence sitting European lapdogs since.

I find it really bizarre that so many Irish people appear to have a grá for Trump. He is obviously a lunatic, a bigoted, misogynistic, uneducated, self serving lunatic so to see him bitch slapped like this, in such a public arena, is utterly delightful.

I watched his speech last night, he is a broken man and is very much on the edge. Wouldnt at all surprise me if he was dead within 12 months.

Irish people have stolkholm syndrome. Years of mysogonistic self serving Catholic Church and family members makes us think, a but look he's not that bad

Piece from the Guardian on US network reactions to the Trump speech, including the turtle comment above.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/05/tv-news-cut-away-trump-election-lies

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

America...

Where they can count the first 90% of the votes in a few hours, and the final 10% in 3 days.

God bless em.

• Advertisement

DrPhilG wrote: »
    America...

Where they can count the first 90% of the votes in a few hours, and the final 10% in 3 days.

God bless em.
    The mail-ins and absentee ballots make it a whole lot more intriguing this time and a lot longer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement