Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1324506114164228098

I think Trump has gone insane and I think he may have to be section 25ed.

Which, even though it's Trump, would be a very sad spectacle for the world really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Just woke up. Did I miss anything from 2am onwawrds?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Sorry if already posted...

531958.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

newhouse87 wrote: »
    Off the last few days, anyway shows that pollsters were wrong again so this indicates shy trump voters as i mentioned weeks back. Election shows a very divided country between rural and urban. If you had said to republicans ye could maintain senate and increase numbers in congress and have biden as president i think most soft republicans would have been very happy. The feared blue wave has not happened which is good for the stock market(so im happy) and Trump really is showing what a sore loser is he as we all expected, its laughable some of his extreme support want to keep counting in Arizona but not elsewhere. Trump still had a good election but hes behaving terribly with all these conspiracy theories. Democrats will not be overjoyed with there election either so no side can chest pump.

Averaging all the polls:
    Trump - 43.4%
    Biden - 51.8%
    Spread - 8.4%

Current:
    Trump - 48.6%
    Biden - 51.4%
    Spread - 2.8%

So they got Bidens % correct, but were out by 5.1% for Trump which is outside the usual margin of error of 3% by 2.1%

I would suggest that "some" polls were way off, but when averaged not as bad as folks are suggesting (but still outside the acceptable margin of error).

(Hope my math is good)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

funnydoggy wrote: »
    GA level!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

funnydoggy wrote: »

They've counted 5 more votes in Nevada

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

is_that_so wrote: »
    GA level!

Oh I went to bed just after that, sweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Nevada results won’t be in until November 12th on sky news

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

DrPhilG wrote: »
    America...

Where they can count the first 90% of the votes in a few hours, and the final 10% in 3 days.

God bless em.

You have the wrong percentages, but the second half of the votes to be counted take longer as they are all in envelopes, that has to be checked, then another envelope inside that has to be checked for duplicate votes then they finally get to the ballot itself and can count it.

Some states were forced to not be able to start the process until after the close of polls, others that Trump wanted counted earlier were done in advance. Trumps claims about "illegal" votes was entirely pre planned and based on making these states count things this way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

The man is so devoid of any dignity or class. Its like trying to coax a child out of a playground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

robinph wrote: »
    You have the wrong percentages, but the second half of the votes to be counted take longer as they are all in envelopes, that has to be checked, then another envelope inside that has to be checked for duplicate votes then they finally get to the ballot itself and can count it.

Some states were forced to not be able to start the process until after the close of polls, others that Trump wanted counted earlier were done in advance. Trumps claims about "illegal" votes was entirely pre planned and based on making these states count things this way round.

They also have to check the in-person voter rolls to check if the person who sent in the postal vote didn't also vote in-person as well. They check the signatures as well as social security/voter ID numbers. It's a long task.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Down to 400 odd in Georgia.

Biden expected to take the lead shortly.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1324613181466173440

Their "job" was to harass and intimidate election workers. That's why they were told to leave from several counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1324613375213621248

Please Twitter ban him for 24 hours. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭pauldry

tigger123 wrote: »
    The man is so devoid of any dignity or class. Its like trying to coax a child out of a playground.

Yes when I am trying to coax my children out of the playground I do say to them "you are so devoid of dignity or class"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Boggles wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1324613375213621248

Please Twitter ban him for 24 hours. :pac:

That’s what he wants
    Plays into the victim complex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Nice to wake up to Biden having Georgia in the bag.
    Great win for the democrats, right in the south.
    Pity for Trump it has a big city in it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Someone needs to take the phone away from Trump. Make him a nice mug of coco and send him to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 56,377 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Not a single solitary word of praise for the many people giving their time and commitment to count these votes n this election.

What an utter lowlife the U.S have as their current President!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

pauldry wrote: »
    Yes when I am trying to coax my children out of the playground I do say to them "you are so devoid of dignity or class"
    Nah, you use the D word - disappointed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Nice to wake up to Biden having Georgia in the bag.
    Great win for the democrats, right in the south.
    Pity for Trump it has a big city in it :p

The last ones to count are military votes, it could still be lost to biden by only 50-100 votes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭newhouse87

schmoo2k wrote: »
    Averaging all the polls:
    Trump - 43.4%
    Biden - 51.8%
    Spread - 8.4%

Current:
    Trump - 48.6%
    Biden - 51.4%
    Spread - 2.8%

So they got Bidens % correct, but were out by 5.1% for Trump which is outside the usual margin of error of 3% by 2.1%

I would suggest that "some" polls were way off, but when averaged not as bad as folks are suggesting (but still outside the acceptable margin of error).

(Hope my math is good)

yeah it was trump i was talking about so they were off again. Shy trump support was insinuated and i think its correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

tigger123 wrote: »

This is the thing.

If he had taken the now inevitable defeat with a bit of dignity and class, given the majority's tendency for recency bias, he may well have restored his reputation a bit.

The most pleasing thing for those who do not like Trump will be the fact that being known as a one term loser, the first in so long, will utterly shatter him and will eat away at him for the rest of his days.

He is the behaving the exact same as a child who has lost a board game and is refusing to accept defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,560 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Georgia will be Bidens soon. Humiliation for Trump.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Seems that all but one county in Georgia has stopped counting whilst they go home for a well deserved sleep...except for one county that is where John Lewis was from. They clearly want to be the county that trips it over to Biden. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1324613181466173440

Their "job" was to harass and intimidate election workers. That's why they were told to leave from several counts.

And there is no evidence that the observers were stopped from observing. What they were asked to do was to stay 10 feet away from the election workers to a) allow for social distancing and b) prevent intimidation. A load of goons showing up demanding to be let in to intimidate election workers are not "observers".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

The last ones to count are military votes, it could still be lost to biden by only 50-100 votes

500 vote gap now according to sky news

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Ardent

Real Life wrote: »
    Im loving how CNN are ripping him to shreds the past few days. Chris Cuomo has done so a few times too. I know they may be a bit biased but rightly so in this case.

CNN have been ripping into Trump - at least from what I've seen - every day for the past year. It's been a sustained campaign. They're the antithesis of Fox News.

FBI have arrested 2 armed men who were on their way to the count center in Philly.

Trump putting the lives of people who are merely election workers doing civic duty in danger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

At this stage it seems clear that Trump will not step aside no matter what. As far I can see, it all depends of what position the Army take. Surely to **** the Army will realize that their job is to serve the constitution, not a conman who wants to dismiss the election result by referring to his buddy judges who owe him a favour? Because if it gets to the Supreme Court they will almost certainly side with Trump

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement