Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

tigger123 wrote: »
    I'm not sure it will inevitably go to SCOTUS.

It won't. I think the SC mainly looks at principles, such as the principle of intent with chad voting. Hard to see what principle is at stake here. There's no evidence of fraud. And Pennsylvania state seems to be run by Republicans; legislature, election commissioners. They agreed vote by mail and that they'd be counted last.
    Anyways Georgia will make PA look moot thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

Biden to win 2020
    Trump to go again in 2024 and become only the second president ever to win non consecutive terms.
    Doing a Grover - after The 22nd and 24th President, Grover Cleveland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

This feels like a really slow, protracted, Christmas morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

cj maxx wrote: »
    Biden leads in Georgia

Yeehaw. Game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

KilOit wrote: »
    Don't know how all this won't lead to bloodshed reading comments here https://thedonald.win/
    Trump campaign and fox need to stop inciting violence, people are reading it as a call to arms

Wow. America is really crazy.

So glad I live in the EU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Still quite a few outstanding votes in GA so the gap should get a good bit bigger. Some counts may not finish until tomorrow.

KilOit wrote: »
    Don't know how all this won't lead to bloodshed reading comments here https://thedonald.win/
    Trump campaign and fox need to stop inciting violence, people are reading it as a call to arms

Your fears are misplaced. There won't be any violence from Trump supporters - the odd loon aside - you will always get idiots in any crowd.

I did want Trump to win but this is now becoming a slow-motion car crash. I had hoped Trump would see sense by now and plot a gracious exit. However seeing the headlines of his speech last night it seems he has firmly dug his trench.

This could be messy. Hopefully his family can talk some sense into him and get him to concede.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

owlbethere wrote: »
    Trumps outgoing comments are awful....
    "the election is rigged...." as an example.

Many people will probably adopt that narrative and all it will do is cause unrest if Joe Biden wins the presidency. Awful, awful, awful thing to do especially now in the middle of a pandemic with many people sick and dying over there. He never gave a sh1te about the pandemic and the health and care for his people with the novel coronavirus.

When Trump became president in 2016 all it did was cause unrest.
    A lot of that unrest was based on supposed links to Russia.

This is the problem when people are treating an election like Manchester United vs Liverpool. When our team does something the other side are sore losers for moaning about it but when they get something in their favor it's a bloody disgrace.

Nobody really seemed to care too much about all the unrest during the summer because it was mainly directed at Trump.

Now suddenly people on the other side are taking to the streets during a pandemic and we care so much and it's completely out of order.

Trump is divisive. No doubt. No question. His behavior now is troubling to say the least.

He didn't do all of this on his own though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

It's going to be a landslide. Beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Biden to win 2020
    Trump to go again in 2024 and become only the second president ever to win non consecutive terms.

I don't see it; he got a big repudiation here.

It's not like people went against the republicans; they didn't lose the senate and gained in the house. They were all on the same ballot.

As soon as he's gone, they are going to treat him like Liverpool did Roy Hodgson... pretend like he never existed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I had hoped Trump would see sense by now and plot a gracious exit.

Have you been in a coma the last 5 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,028 ✭✭✭Christy42

It won't. I think the SC mainly looks at principles, such as the principle of intent with chad voting. Hard to see what principle is at stake here. There's no evidence of fraud. And Pennsylvania state seems to be run by Republicans; legislature, election commissioners. They agreed vote by mail and that they'd be counted last.
    Anyways Georgia will make PA look moot thankfully.

Indeed. I dislike the stacking of the courts and I am sure they will be biased but you have to give them something to base their ruling on. Democrats are worried about the courts for when things get close in the supreme Court. This is a complete joke that I doubt even ABC would bother with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

"voting fraud.... corrupt.... rigged"

These are the words Trump is coming out with, with the election results with Biden in the lead.

It's a dangerous narrative to spin to his people and shows he's being a sore loser.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Biden to take PA and Georgia

Delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Your fears are misplaced. There won't be any violence from Trump supporters - the odd loon aside - you will always get idiots in any crowd.

I did want Trump to win but this is now becoming a slow-motion car crash. I had hoped Trump would see sense by now and plot a gracious exit. However seeing the headlines of his speech last night it seems he has firmly dug his trench.

This could be messy. Hopefully his family can talk some sense into him and get him to concede.
    Oh sweet Summer child...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,100 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

tigger123 wrote: »
    They have a lot of soul searching to do. They're like Labour in England in so far as they've drifted more towards the liberal middle classes and left the working class behind.

But maybe that's the way forward; the right will represent the lower class and the left the middle class.

The left everywhere is in the same boat; it needs to figure out who and what it is.

I don't know why people are saying this stuff. In the popular vote for President a margin of less than 10 million either way is normal, and will be the case this time as well. And from memory the two houses are not normally controlled by the one party. As populations change, different voting patterns will emerge, and again that is normal. The USA is and has been for a while a 50/50 split.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

All the outstanding votes in Arizona were drop offs, Monday and Tuesday. 300 odd thousand.

Favors Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Biden to win 2020

An old fat bastard who eats mcdonalds every day and has the temper of a wasp.

He wont be around for another epic victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Biden to win 2020
    Age and health may be against him then. Hard to imagine what the GOP will look like in 4 years. Some comments suggesting that the US may be moving to a rural v urban divide in swing states, if that transpires that's a factor that might favour Dems more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

History will be very kind to Biden's campaign. Flipping Georgia, winning Arizona and taking back MI, WI, PA in the face of an incumbent President who increased his vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Biden +917 Georgia :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

The more pumpkin head is beaten the better at this stage - make sure he’s beaten and beaten well. Makes any “legal challenges” all the more pathetic and futile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Biden to win 2020

That won't happen. If it did, it would guarantee a Democrat win anyway because it would completely split the Republican vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Biden to win 2020

Trump will definitely run in 2024, but it'll be from prison and creditors not for President.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Boggles wrote: »
    All the outstanding votes in Arizona were drop offs, Monday and Tuesday. 300 odd thousand.

Favors Trump.

Won't matter at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Biden +917 Georgia :D

Go on Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

VinLieger wrote: »
    Lindsay Graham is the only one im aware of whos been openly spewing the same stuff

There's loads of them spewing this stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Jizique

85603 wrote: »

And don’t forget that he had short COVID

• Registered Users Posts: 56,377 ✭✭✭✭walshb

85603 wrote: »

If the U.S. still has either these two around leading the charge for 2024, I think I’ll just go for a really long sleep!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Biden to win 2020

There's more chance of me running in 2024 than Trump, IMO.

You'll start to see more and more Republicans turning on Trump now that they don't need him any more.

He's done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement