Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭mouldybiscuits

I'm sure an investigation will get to the bottom of it if there was cheating in the election. Twitter and the MSM are disgraceful, attempting to silence Trump before any investigation into these allegations. It's making me think they have something to hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Great stuff Joe

Never in doubt . Well done America

Big fan of Biden, are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

If all 4 states go Biden are we in the realms of a EC slight landslide? Not a blue wave but a significant victory for Biden.

Georgia is everything to shoot Trump down, it’s run completely by Republicans and if Biden can hold on you could see the GOP really turn on Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

I'd imagine that you have to have something to be pardoned from. No?

I'd doubt you can be pardoned from an allegation/rumour. You probably have to be charged and convicted.

Would probably have to organise to be charged, convicted and then pardoned before inauguration day.

Read up on the Ford Nixon pardon, where Ford pardoned Nixon for anything that he may have done when president...... American is one messed up place, but it seems entirely possible that these pardons can be granted. I guess it depends on how badly Pence would want to be president.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Lets just accept that Trump is the worst president in history, he's a nazi fascist with an IQ of under 70 ... ok ok ...

Whats going on tho right now is an absolute disgrace, Georgia stuck on 99% for the last day and a half ... takes them that long to count 1% ?
    And as soon as Biden leads (now he is)... it will be 100% soon

Why couldn't they beat him so easily, if he is that bad, they should have gotten 300+ electoral votes ?

Percentages climbing steadily on election night and as soon as Trump has a clear lead a dramatic slowdown, everyone is talking about PA but GA is even worse!!

Terrible terrible system, they need electronic secure voting for 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Boggles wrote: »
    Can you be pardoned before been found guilty of a federal crime?

:confused:

Yes, if trump resigns Pence could pardon him for any and all federal crimes. Only federal crimes mind, NY will still be chasing him for state charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,172 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

screamer wrote: »
    Read up on the Ford Nixon pardon, where Ford pardoned Nixon for anything that he may have done when president...... American is one messed up place, but it seems entirely possible that these pardons can be granted. I guess it depends on how badly Pence would want to be president.

The president can only pardon federal criminal convictions though, NY as a state is still gonna come after him hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Imagine what the narrative would have been if the votes were counted in order. The mail ins would have clinched PA and several others from the get go, and the visual would have been of Trump trying and failing to catch up.

QMTA - This is comparable actually to the smaller 2018 elections which were initially presented as disastrous to Dems (maybe out of reflex...)

When all was home and hosed, it turned out they did really remarkably well, and there's a solid argument that Stacey Abrams, credited with turning Georgia blue tonight, was cheated out of a seat then.

• Advertisement

tigger123 wrote: »
    Been wondering that myself.

Maybe check the prison forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

... and they should have chosen Tulsi Gabbard, I am sure she could have beaten Trump with 300+ EV.

And she is a democrat we can be proud of, I would have cheered for her. - edit and more importantly, millions of US Trump voters would have voted for her!!

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Lets just accept that Trump is the worst president in history, he's a nazi fascist with an IQ of under 70 ... ok ok ...

Whats going on tho right now is an absolute disgrace, Georgia stuck on 99% for the last day and a half ... takes them that long to count 1% ?

Why couldn't they beat him so easily, if he is that bad, they should have gotten 300+ electoral votes ?

Percentages climbing steadily on election night and as soon as Trump has a clear lead a dramatic slowdown, everyone is talking about PA but GA is even worse!!

it looks like biden may well get 300+ electoral college votes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

How long now until some loon, inspired by Trump's outrageous comments, ends up shooting up a count centre and killing innocent people over this? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Ford gave Nixon an unconditional pardon for anything illegal he did or might have done.

Was it anything he might have done - or anything he might have done as President?

I'd doubt they would give the current fella the same blanket pardon given all the allegations of dodgy stuff............but you never know. If they can technically do it then they might. It would be forgotten about in 4 years by the supporters anyway

Even if he got that , that pardon wouldn't extend to his associates I presume too.

Edit: Most questions answered by other posts while I was writing this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

They're waiting military votes afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭salad17

I think it’s only because he seems to have some b@lls, something the politicians and leaders of Ireland have been sorely missing since.... forever. I think the last of them that had some were executed after the rising, and we’ve had fence sitting European lapdogs since.

Has some balls?? Does it take balls to spend the entire presidency blaming everyone else for anything that goes wrong? Does it take balls to not be able to answer simple questions at media conferences and start whining that they're unfair and that the people asking the questions are horrible?

BrentMused wrote: »
    How long now until some loon, inspired by Trump's outrageous comments, ends up shooting up a count centre and killing innocent people over this? :(

FBI arrested 2 people on their way to a count centre in PA this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,028 ✭✭✭Christy42

They appear not to have the organisational skill at least. A potential attempt was stopped by police in Philly already before they got close to the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Just for absolute clarity Georgia is run by republicans with a republican infrastructure, a republican governor and republican senators.

Can't shout "dem fraud" there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I'd imagine that you have to have something to be pardoned from. No?

I'd doubt you can be pardoned from an allegation/rumour. You probably have to be charged and convicted.

Would probably have to organise to be charged, convicted and then pardoned before inauguration day.

No ,A presidential pardon can cover anything really

This was how the Nixon one was described -
    Now, THEREFORE, I, GERALD R. FORD, President of the United States, pursuant to the pardon power conferred upon me by Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution, have granted and by these presents do grant a full, free, and absolute pardon unto Richard Nixon for all offenses against the United States which he, Richard Nixon, has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from January 20, 1969 through August 9, 1974.

So Pence or whatever could just slap a timescale on it covering everything up to the day of the pardon.,

Now ,it was never challenged in court as no one went after Nixon so hard to know if it would survive a legal challenge but it has been done.

Wouldn't stop the State level charges though.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

fits wrote: »
    What fraudulent votes?

The fraudulent votes that have Biden winning. You will see when the cases go to the Supreme Court. Out of interest do you think there is none?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Ford gave Nixon an unconditional pardon for anything illegal he did or might have done.

...While president.

He's still gonna get got by the SDNY.

Actually never mind Donny, I would say Eric is absolutely ****tttting himself now.

Thats an oxymoron such a thing does not exist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭boardise

To secure his legacy for the ages, Donald Julius Caesar Trump needs to mobilise his legions and cross the Rubicon now! Any report on troop movements?

Always struck me more as Donald Nero Caligula Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I'm sure an investigation will get to the bottom of it if there was cheating in the election. Twitter and the MSM are disgraceful, attempting to silence Trump before any investigation into these allegations. It's making me think they have something to hide.

They aren't silencing him. Twitter are flagging his deranged tweets as they are clearly full of lies and contrary to the actual facts of the election.

I think it’s only because he seems to have some b@lls, something the politicians and leaders of Ireland have been sorely missing since.... forever. I think the last of them that had some were executed after the rising, and we’ve had fence sitting European lapdogs since.

he whines more than a teething child

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Just for absolute clarity Georgia is run by republicans with a republican infrastructure, a republican governor and republican senators.

Can't shout "dem fraud" there

Oh but they are.. The claim will be that Atlanta - Where a lot of the Biden votes are coming from , is the problem because it has a local Democrat leadership.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

I give it hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

The fraudulent votes that have Biden winning. You will see when the cases go to the Supreme Court. Out of interest do you think there is none?

Get up out of that with that ****e... fraudulent votes.

Remember the 3 mil fraudulent votes Donny came out with back in 2016? What happened as a result of that investigation?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement