Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

It would've been better for America if Trump got 4 more years.

I genuinely worry whats going to happen now.

Are you still here?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Joe will be 78 on 20 November. I was convinced 4 years ago that Trump would never last the duration, and I was wrong. But I have some doubt about whether Joe will make it as well. People have not paid much attention to Kamala Harris, but there is a better than normal chance that she will have to take over. The only thing that stuck with me about her is that she insists that people pronounce her name properly, the Indian way. Comma La, not Camel A.

the absolute cheek of her asking people to pronounce her name properly.

Two men have already been arrested on their way to shoot up a count centre in Pennsylvania.

Here's one of them posing with GOP VA Senator:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GoadGatsby/status/1324607001125683200

In a country the size of the US you will get the odd lunatic.

But fears of widespread violence by mobs of Trump supporters on the scale of BLM or Antifa are total fantasy.

The media will do their best to amplify and exaggerate violence (stock photos of guys standing peacefully with guns, or people shouting "menacingly"). Always implying violence on the right.

They will be a lot tamer than the "mostly peaceful" guys on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

biko wrote: »
    Funny how one responder gets it wrong and then many latch on to the mistake.
    Is that the very definition of echo?

My post simply claim that the same people that cried foul last time now cries nothing is wrong.
    Not that Russia is doing Biden's campaign a favour.

You say agree that there is no fraud, right?

It all worked out like i predicted ?

Might want to give up predicting things, and not just politics

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113621840&postcount=1626

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

i think if he has no other avenues left open to him when the dust settles, he will resign "in protest" pre January - and let Pence issue him with a blanket pardon :-)

This might not be far from the truth.

It would also save Trump from being expected to attend Biden's inauguration etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Is it?

3 million more votes than what he got 4 years ago and no Senate for the Dems despite the predicted landslide they were supposed to get, half the country still supported the man.

The senate isn't quite nailed. There will be runoffs for two seats in Georgia in January which afaik could still swing it, and if Stacey Abrams has anything to say about it, will.

There are reasons to think this was the GOP's last shot at gaming the system to quite the extent they did in terms of selective disenfranchisement, and they cannot outrun the demographic change that was intended to compensate for. They will not get to pull the same tricks next time, they'll have to try to win more honestly.

I take your point that this wasn't the full blow out Dems would have loved but as the numbers settle down I think it's going to become apparent that the idea they only just managed this was a bit of an illusion, in the same way that if the PA mail in votes had been allowed to be counted first it would have been obvious on Wednesday morning this was Biden's win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

He did win. This is politics . Congrats Joe.

I see Covid in America has disappeared this week. Too predictable.

I see daily deaths in the US still running at roughly 1000 per day (so roughly 2 9/11s a week). Where are you getting your info that covid has now disappeared in the US ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭pauldry

Was about to go to bed last night but then watched Trump speech on sky news.

What great TV.:mad::(:eek::cool::P:confused:;):p:):rolleyes::o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

What do you think will happen? Your predictions have been bang on to date so it would be interesting to see what you think will happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

namloc1980 wrote: »
    More lies.

Trump did NOT win

Yesterday saw the highest number of Covid cases in 24 hours since the start of the pandemic.

And nobody seems to care . Covid became political . Dangerous !

make your mind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

pauldry wrote: »
    Was about to go to bed last night but then watched Trump speech on sky news.

What great TV.:mad::(:eek::cool::P:confused:;):p:):rolleyes::o

Yup. I was glued. Ears are ringing from lack of sleep :P

jaykay74 wrote: »
    I see daily deaths in the US still running at roughly 1000 per day (so roughly 2 9/11s a week). Where are you getting your info that covid has now disappeared in the US ?

He's just repeating another Trump lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Not yet decided. The 2 seats in Georgia are going to a run off election in January. The democratic vote in Georgia is up significantly so still all to play for.
    8-10 wrote: »
    Dems could still effectively control the Senate by February

Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Are you still here?

Off searching how recommendation engines are designed to maximise profit for YouTube by allowing people with similar interests to group together and be sold advertising to?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

You know if you watch Eastenders instead of Corrie, Corrie doesn't cease to exist right? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

What do you think will happen? Your predictions have been bang on to date so it would be interesting to see what you think will happen?

I think millions of people who idolise Trump feel he has been wronged. He will be much more dangerous out of office than in office. He will continue to hold this rallies which will attract more and more and become more dangerous .

I genuinely fear for the trouble that will be caused

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

MrStuffins wrote: »
    You know if you watch Eastenders instead of Corrie, Corrie doesn't cease to exist right? :confused:

Corrie is better anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Biden needs a final lead of about 70k in PA to rule out a recount..over 1% gap.

• Advertisement

Trump doesn't care - he hasn't attended a Covid task force meeting in months. A lot of people do care however.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Danger Danger, High Voltage!

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

jaykay74 wrote: »

News media is talking about something else for some reason. Must be a conspiracy...

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Might want to give up predicting things, and not just politics

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113621840&postcount=1626

what is the relevance of the post you linked to?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

kilns wrote: »
    Why is there something dodgy going on in Penn and Georgia?

Trump is losing, isn't that the dodgy part :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

funnydoggy wrote: »
    :confused::confused:

None of us have free speech on a privately owned platform. That's what we agree to when we sign up. It's perfectly fair.

In fairness, there does seem to be a bias but as you say, it's a privately owned platform so they are free to do so.

Looks like a good few states are swinging to Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

Biden needs a final lead of about 70k in PA to rule out a recount..over 1% gap.

I think he’ll get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,100 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

9.9 million cases of the "Chinese Virus" in America, 86 thousand in China.

So what do we think lads? Will the next state be declared before or after Sweet.Science gets his next 24 hour ban?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭salad17

screamer wrote: »
    Course it does, it’s going against the grain, think what our hand wringing me a cuplas would do.... deflect/ dodge and fudge the answers. Like it or not, Trump has ripped up the playbook for being president and yes, that takes b@lls.

Running away from your own incompetency's is a cowards game. Sure you can call it "ripping up the playbook" but it's because the presidents before him had integrity and could take responsibility for what they were doing, and would never behave so childishly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement