Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Says the observers have been there the whole time (obviously), says he went to federal court yesterday where the judge just asked Trump's lawyers "are there observers in the room?" and the lawyers were forced to admit they were and got thrown out, and that there's currently a livestream online from the room that shows the room and the observers form both sides in there :pac::pac::pac:

Some of the quotes from this case were gold. They clearly did not expect to actually win, it was just something for Trump to tweet about. It should be noted Judge Diamond was appointed by GW Bush.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kadhim/status/1324485100629823494

"Judge Paul Diamond to the Trump campaign lawyer:

Diamond: Are your observers in the counting room?

Trump campaign: "There's a non zero number of people in the room"

Diamond: "I’m asking you as a member of the bar of this court: are people representing the Donald J Trump for president, representing the plaintiffs, in that room?"

Trump campaign lawyer: "Yes."

Diamond: "I'm sorry, then what's your problem?"

Judge Diamond is... exasperated. He's getting the parties to agree poll watching rules for everyone here and now in the hearing. They're going to take a brief recess to do prepare to do that

The Trump campaign lawyer (surname Marcus, didn't catch his first name), chimes in again: "There's one other dimension to this problem".

Diamond, *loudly exhales: "Length and width? Time and space?"
    Another exchange from earlier.

Diamond was pressing the Trump campaign lawyer to say how many observers he wanted in the counting room.

"How many you want?"

[pause] The same number as the Democrats

Diamond: "Come on, come on. You've got to do better than that."

The Trump campaign lawyer began arguing about the # of feet away from the counting tables that their observers had a right to be. Diamond interrupted:

"You don't have the right to be within 100 feet. You have the right maybe to be treated equally as recognised by a state court"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

the absolute cheek of her asking people to pronounce her name properly.

Gotta admit it was funny when someone on Fox, Carlson I think, got roasted for mispronouncing it and a few days later Joe Biden announced her as his running mate and did the same thing.

That said, mispronouncing names is a pet hate of mine so I understand her annoyance. I work with a few people with unusual names and it's the height of laziness not to learn how to say it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Twitter has confirmed that if Trump loses the election he'll also lose his "noteworthy individual" status which will impact his ability to spread lies on the platform.

Surely that means an immediate ban for him? Like anyone else posting what he has would have been gone years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 33,110 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭salad17

biko wrote: »
    "There's no evidence of voter fraud" say the people who spent 4 years accusing Russia of interfering in the last election without any proof.

Without any proof?? All of America's intelligence has shown that Russia interfered in the election, including the bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee which was chaired by... yes.. a Republican.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

Giblet wrote: »
    Humanity is full of biases...

And so is this site?

I think you linked the wrong post

Goes straight to the correct one for me on the phone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

In a country the size of the US you will get the odd lunatic.

But fears of widespread violence by mobs of Trump supporters on the scale of BLM or Antifa are total fantasy.

The media will do their best to amplify and exaggerate violence (stock photos of guys standing peacefully with guns, or people shouting "menacingly"). Always implying violence on the right.

They will be a lot tamer than the "mostly peaceful" guys on the left.

Again, 0 murders, deaths etc. caused by Antifa in the US. Ever.

Scores, hundreds, attributable to far-right and white supremecist terrorist over the years. And currently, the FBI are stopping them before they're happening, but they are going to miss one in the coming weeks.

Your choice to ignore this, and the past history of right wing terror in the US, and try to misinform is tiresome, wrong and dangerous.

(Also have to laugh at "guys standing peacefully with guns")

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Sweet.Science forum banned for ignoring threadban

• Registered Users Posts: 33,867 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Diamond: Are your observers in the counting room?

Trump campaign: "There's a non zero number of people in the room"

:D:D:D

Trump only hires the best people...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Fraud? where?

he's in the White House

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

No, I'm telling you fake news

Actually I really was telling you fake news, it's worse 120,000+ cases..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Enquiring wrote: »
    In fairness, there does seem to be a bias but as you say, it's a privately owned platform so they are free to do so.

Looks like a good few states are swinging to Biden.

Explain what you mean by that. If you are part of twitter then you can't objectively comment on bias

So what do we think lads? Will the next state be declared before or after Sweet.Science gets his next 24 hour ban?
    Sweet.Science forum banned for ignoring threadban

Looks like it wasn't even close. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Twitter has confirmed that if Trump loses the election he'll also lose his "noteworthy individual" status which will impact his ability to spread lies on the platform.

Would be icing on the cake if he got banned on twitter like the day after inauguration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

VinLieger wrote: »
    Surely that means an immediate ban for him? Like anyone else posting what he has would have been gone years ago

I guess it will depend on his future behaviour rather than his past behaviour. Either way, I doubt he'll be able to contain himself to not get banned so it'll probably just be a matter of time.

If Twitter has the balls, he's probably responsible for a lot of their traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,110 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Interesting read this.
    https://twitter.com/TheWomensOrg/status/1324653254450569218?s=19

Stacey Abrams has made a massive difference and could have seriously helped biden win Georgia if things go the way they are looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

jmayo wrote: »
    Noticable how a lot of top rank republicans are keeping fairly stum.

Of course after the Trump spawn came out and started demanding the GOP start backing daddy, a few GOPs like Lindsey Graham, Kevin McCarthy are parroting the Trump rants.

The rest like Mitch McConnell are trying to distance themselves or as someone on CNN said making sure they are on this sinking ship or associated with this trainwreck.

And the fact that Trump is now attacking ordinary lower ranked Republicans including those in likes of Georgia that had actually backed him is going to copper fasten top rank Republicans resolve to disassociate themselves from the Trumps.

The Trump family think Daddy is the GOP and that the voters will vote Trump before Republican.
    That may be true of some, but others they might find may not.

Where will the incentive be for evangelicals to back a Trump in future when they already have control over Supreme Court which is what they have wanted most.

The Republicans should be ashamed of themselves. They all know this fella is making baseless claims. They all know that he's long since crossed the line. The only reason they aren't asking him to rein it in is because they don't want to alienate whatever proportion of the 70m that voted for him who believe his lies.

It's a clear case of them putting the party and their own interests first. At some stage, you have to do the right thing above your own interests. If that point isn't when the President is openly undermining democracy, when the f**k is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Enquiring wrote: »
    And so is this site?

The same as your biases.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Appears in his posts

you linked to post #1626. the sweet.science post is #1628

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

salad17 wrote: »
    Without any proof?? All of America's intelligence has shown that Russia interfered in the election, including the bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee which was chaired by... yes.. a Republican.

The only 'proof' these types would ever accept would be if Mad Vlad Putin turned up in a counting center with shipping-container load of DJT votes on his truck and dumped them on the tables.

I mean, they are great defenders of Russian politics and Putin so much, yet are incapable of learning about their approaches to foreign election interference.

km991148 wrote: »
    Explain what you mean by that. If you are part of twitter then you can't objectively comment on bias

Watching CNN, it's looking like Biden is closing in and moving ahead in a number of states. I'm not a member of twitter so don't know what you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

gmisk wrote: »
    Interesting read this.

Stacey Abrams has made a massive difference and could have seriously helped biden win Georgia if things go the way they are looking.

The Trumpists on here were trying to convince us that the Democrats had no ground game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Interesting read this.

She will need a security detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

So much excitement now for a man who is almost 80 going into the White House.

Expectations must be high that racial and income inequality will be addressed in the next 4 years.

(This is usually when people mention the limitations of the office).

The same as your biases.

What biases?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Gotta admit it was funny when someone on Fox, Carlson I think, got roasted for mispronouncing it and a few days later Joe Biden announced her as his running mate and did the same thing.

That said, mispronouncing names is a pet hate of mine so I understand her annoyance. I work with a few people with unusual names and it's the height of laziness not to learn how to say it right.
    We guess how to say names and words based on what we already know and there are plenty of names that follow the same pattern as her name but stressed on the middle syllable. It's an unusual name for many so hardly their fault when they opt for saying it like At 'lan-ta and not 'At-lan-ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

jmayo wrote: »
    There is one thing we can thank Trump for and that is showing the world how fooked up a huge chunk of the US population really is and that includes supposedly pretty educated people right up to the highest public offices in the land.

The image the US once potrayed on the world stage for the last more than half century has been absolutely blown to bits.

The moral superiority that they claimed with the oldest democracy in the world is in shreds as the current president acts more like Robert Mugabe than George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses S. Grant, Woodrow Wilson, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Dwight D. Eisenhower, John F Kennedy who were amongst the most distinguished holders of the office of President of the USA.

To all the world it looks like the current leader is an unhinged loon.

One number Trump doesn't seem to give two cr**s about is 122,000.

That was the number of new confirmed covid cases yesterday of his citizens.

Sneering at a whole population (~67 million) as being f*cked up is part of the problem, it's easy to sneer at these people , you don't know their position, their situation, if you are an unemployed miner from PA and this guy comes along and tells you he'll get your job back - who can blame him for voting for him ??

Is he gonna say I must do the right thing and vote for Biden as he is acting on climate change or is he going to do the thing that will house and feed his kids ?

- now imagine this for millions of people.

The democrats have been doing this same sneering for some time now, they way they get these people back is by offering them something, they had a candidate that would have gotten a chunk of votes back - Tulsi Gabbard, but Clinton said she was a "russian agent" and would appeal to Trump voters!!

What ? isn't that what they need ? to win voters from the other side to win the election ?

How else are you going to win ?
    millions of Obama voters voted for Trump, I don't think they became racist bigots in the 4 years between Obama's 2nd term and Trump.

Speaking of Mugabe what about his voters ? would you cast them all as maniacs like he is ?

I don;t think so, the situation is a little more complex than that.

Joe Biden had a great line in his speech "There are no blue states or red states but the UNITED states"

- fantastic, now act on that Joe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Interesting read this.

Absolutely incredible achievement. Imagine telling somebody four years ago you could turn Georgia - Georgia - Dem.

• Advertisement

you linked to post #1626. the sweet.science post is #1628

Goes right to the correct post on my phone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement