Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Biden now well in the lead in Nebraska 2nd C District. That 1 vote could be huge!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Black Hawk Down

TheDeep wrote: »
    I can’t understand why people are calling it for trump from that early result?

Some of us called it before anyone even started voting, it was that obvious Trump would win. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭quokula

TheDeep wrote: »
    I can’t understand why people are calling it for trump from that early result?

Because under the electoral college system the vast majority of voters don’t matter and it only comes down to a few key states. The result so far in states that have been called is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

i'm calling it - it's down to pennsylvannia. biden wins on mail ins in 2-3 days time and the court cases drag on for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cave_dweller

Look Biden prob wins, but IF he loses, will some of the left wing posters admit polling, media, talk shows, movies, websites w/e may be, are totally skewed and unfair?

Even if Biden wins, how could anyone trust US political polls? Yet again they are all over the place. The exact same mistakes were made this time as per the last time. They are completely out of touch with the electorate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Look Biden prob wins, but IF he loses, will some of the left wing posters admit polling, media, talk shows, movies, websites w/e may be, are totally skewed and unfair?

You've very little chance of anyone taking a loss well in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

1.2 million mail in ballots in PA. we're not getting that result tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Random Account

Wonder when we have a good idea on the result? Anyone know?

left wing poster here - well the media etc were always left biased, never any argument there. but my trust in polls has definitely taken a big dent. i trusted fivethirtyeight in particular. i believed "the polls have been improved since 2016".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

hynesie08 wrote: »

And only around 20% of the votes have been counted in and around Philadelphia which is the most populous part of the state and predominantly Democratic.

• Advertisement

i'm not joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,339 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Someone earlier said 2.2m

Got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Will have a better idea around 6pm our time tomorrow but could drag on easily until thursday/friday. Certainly won’t be tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

I just realised what gop stands for. Do the other party have a nick name too?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Someone earlier said 2.2m

Got a link?

They just announced it on cnn, no link I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Wildlife Actor

They just announced it on cnn, no link I'm afraid.

Politico says

PHILADELPHIA — Pennsylvania has received more than 2.5 million mail-in and absentee ballots so far, according to new data from election officials here.

That means that 81 percent of state voters who were sent those ballots have returned them. To break it down, more than 1.6 million of those ballots were from registered Democrats, 586,000 were from Republicans, and 278,000 were from independents or third-party voters.

This has a smell of Bush v Gore again.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_v._Gore

Oh god, we'll only get Arizona and then we'll have to wait. (not sure how to embed a tweet, sorry)

@SalehaMohsin
    ·
    11m
    Wisconsin says there's no way they are announcing a winner tonight

Michigan needs until Friday

Pennsylvania isn't coming out anytime soon, either

Per officials in those states

Penn is a reversal of what we have seen. Before in other states it was early dem vote in - now in Penn most of the republican vote is in and a huge tidal wave of dem votes are due that should easily overwhelm the 300,000 vote Trump lead there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Politico says

PHILADELPHIA — Pennsylvania has received more than 2.5 million mail-in and absentee ballots so far, according to new data from election officials here.

That means that 81 percent of state voters who were sent those ballots have returned them. To break it down, more than 1.6 million of those ballots were from registered Democrats, 586,000 were from Republicans, and 278,000 were from independents or third-party voters.

Can see Trump sending in the lawyers to stop those mail in votes being counted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Fox calling AZ for Biden. Game changer...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Fox calls Arizona for Biden that's huge!!

Can I just say this fella on CNN at his screens is earning his corn! Bloody hell.

Danno wrote: »

Wow didn’t expect that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Biden now only need 2 out if 3 of the rust belt

Fox calling Arizona for Biden! Wow, big news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭Polar101

speckle wrote: »
    I just realised what gop stands for. Do the other party have a nick name too?

I had to google it myself, to be honest I'm only watching this because it's quiet at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Even if Biden wins, how could anyone trust US political polls? Yet again they are all over the place. The exact same mistakes were made this time as per the last time. They are completely out of touch with the electorate.

The polls are all still well within the margin of error. Trump was favourite to win all the States that he was won so far. The polls will only be wrong if Trump wins one of the Rust Belt States.

Danno wrote: »

How ironic and appropriate would it be if John McCain (who Trump insulted and demeaned) ended Trump's presidency from the afterlife :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

Arizona gone to Biden ( Fox )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement