Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭briany

wes wrote: »
    Even Robots have biases, the biases of there programmers.

Why! Why was I programmed to feel pain?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,606 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Bidens lead in Georgia now over 1k and rising, with remaining votes in Dem areas,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

that may have washed 4 years but it doesn't work any more. he had 4 years. voters must know by now he is incompetent and unfit for the role.

4 years of being President, and if wasn't for those pesky opponents I would have been able to do whatever I wanted. SO UNFAIR!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

We should be terrified by this election. Two horrifying candidates, neither of whom can string a coherent sentence together never mind run a country.

There will be no winners no matter what the result.

We have dementia Joe against the Donald. You couldn't pick two worse candidates if you tried. Ii thought Hillary Clinton was an embarrassing candidate but they've outdone themselves this time.

I was born 1977 and to be honest I couldn't give you three presidential achievements worthy of the name in the intervening 43 year period.

I fully expect that trend to continue no matter who wins this election.

To be honest I'd take Boris Johnson over these two planks. That's how bad they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

wes wrote: »
    Even Robots have biases, the biases of there programmers.

Only if they're extremely bad programmers

/tangent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

Giblet wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that's never happened ever, seeing as it's the people using it who make up the discussion. It's not a news site.

Yes but the site owners pick people to moderate and decide what views are allowed and which should be banned. As you've said, it's pretty clear that there's a bias here.

Again, 0 murders, deaths etc. caused by Antifa in the US. Ever.

Scores, hundreds, attributable to far-right and white supremecist terrorist over the years. And currently, the FBI are stopping them before they're happening, but they are going to miss one in the coming weeks.

Your choice to ignore this, and the past history of right wing terror in the US, and try to misinform is tiresome, wrong and dangerous.

(Also have to laugh at "guys standing peacefully with guns")

You are conflating white supremacist groups with Trump supporters. Of course there have been right wing nutjobs in the past and probably will be in the future. But there is no serious threat of violence from mobs of Trump supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

biko wrote: »
    Funny how one responder gets it wrong and then many latch on to the mistake.
    Is that the very definition of echo?

My post simply claim that the same people that cried foul last time now cries nothing is wrong.
    Not that Russia is doing Biden's campaign a favour.

scandal-theres-nothing-to-see-here-move-along.jpg

All that boot polish has taken its toll.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

jmayo wrote: »
    Noticable how a lot of top rank republicans are keeping fairly stum.

I find their silence depressing given all the stuff Trump has come out with since election hasn't really gone his way. Many predicted he'd behave exactly like this, but alot of his fans denied it afair (incl. some posting on here). The mask is well and truly off now and the Trump supporters cheer it on as they always have.

The Republicans seem to be waiting to see how it all plays out. If Trump did manage to pull off a sort of coup & miraculously stay in power despite result going against him, they'd all be right back to brown-nosing the Great Dictator again I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

When all the shouting (and whining and tantrums) is over, the overall picture is that the polls correctly called Biden as the winner, and Trump as the loser.

TLDR?
    Biden = winner.

Trump = whiney little bïtch loser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

its blindingly obvious now that massive voter fraud in my opinion does not matter to people.
    unfortunately trump has all the levers of power.
    if somehow this is stolen its civil war. I have a few friends in US and they are not letting this go.

it is blindingly obvious now that claims of massive voter fraud presented without evidence do not matter to people. this is as it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Voter fraud is not goin to account for the sizeable margin biden is going to win by in PA. The republican party can be pretty happy with their outing, they dont need trump. The dems also know they need to start listening to rural america and not tarring them all with the 1 brush.

You are conflating white supremacist groups with Trump supporters. Of course there have been right wing nutjobs in the past and probably will be in the future. But there is no serious threat of violence from mobs of Trump supporters.

I'm not conflating anything, thanks.

FB removed a 'Stop the Steal' group yesterday which had hundreds of thousands of members join in hours, and was calling for 'boots on the ground' to protect the elections.

Now, you can continue to deny reality and say 'oh it's only one person here and there', but you're very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 df02169

Let's go with an edited right wing mantra for this one. Not all Trump supporters are white supremacists, but all white supremacists are Trump supporters. Wasn't that how it went?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The MAGA tears are just so delicious and so enjoyable to behold.

"We never said we were going to win. He's done better than last time, that's a victory!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

We should be terrified by this election. Two horrifying candidates, neither of whom can string a coherent sentence together never mind run a country.

We have dementia Joe against the Donald. You couldn't pick two worse candidates if you tried. Ii thought Hillary Clinton was an embarrassing candidate but they've outdone themselves this time.

I was born 1977 and to be honest I couldn't give you three presidential achievements worthy of the name in the intervening 43 year period.

To be honest I'd take Boris Johnson over these two planks. That's how bad they are.

I'd start with that before making any judgements

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

funnydoggy wrote: »
    CNN just laid out a tiebreaker situation. Scary stuff

In fairness they have to fill air when there's so little happening. Not a chance of a tie-breaker now but it eats up 20 minutes to go through the possibilities.

newhouse87 wrote: »
    Voter fraud is not goin to account for the sizeable margin biden is going to win by in PA. The republican party can be pretty happy with their outing, they dont need trump. The dems also know they need to start listening to rural america and not tarring them all with the 1 brush.

This is it. GOP will be delighted to see the back of him, even if it means losing, by admittedly small enough margins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

its blindingly obvious now that massive voter fraud in my opinion does not matter to people.
    if somehow this is stolen its civil war. I have a few friends in US and they are not letting this go.

Which side ? are you saying right now it's being stolen by D, or that if DJT goes to supreme court and wins it's been stolen ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CountNjord

Whether Trump is an idiot or lacks a filter and say's what he likes and it's uncomfortable to digest.

His foreign policy and the fact that he didn't declare war on anyone else is a testament to his presidency.

Never before has the Korean peninsula been more peaceful, it's a bit dodgy with Iran at the moment still, but hopefully it'll stabilise.

Did Biden approve on Obama's decision to take out Bin Laden ???

It's suggest that he didn't...

For 40 years Biden hasn't made any impact on the political decisions in the United States.

If he gets in I wish him and the American people luck, because they'll need it.

What will Biden do for local industry ?

Will the textile industry go as well with Bidens policy, I don't think so.

Love Trump or hate him, he's a business man who's a loose cannon. He's not a politician but nobody likes a boss who's confident, brash and not afraid to be ruthless.

Can Biden supporters here tell me something great about Biden, besides saying he's not like Trump ???

I don't think so.

I'm not stating fact's, it's just my observation analysis.

I'll admit Trump say's things that are not savory to most people, but actions speak louder than words.

Mark my words, if Biden gets in it'll be because people don't like Trump and that's a really pitiful way to vote.

I'd prefer Jo Jorgensen to get in than Biden to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

FB removed a 'Stop the Steal' group yesterday which had hundreds of thousands of members join in hours, and was calling for 'boots on the ground' to protect the elections.

350,000+ I think when it was stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

seamus wrote: »
    The MAGA tears are just so delicious and so enjoyable to behold.

"We never said we were going to win. He's done better than last time, that's a victory!"

The best is the "he got more votes than Obama!" medal that's been handed out.

Ignoring the fact that Biden has received the most votes ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

Not all Trump supporters are white supremacists, but just about all white supremacists are Trump supporters. There is clearly a threat of violence from those Trump supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Don't agree with this at all

Whatever your personal feelings are about Biden I think he was the perfect Dem candidate for this election. Elderly statesman, sits just on the right of centre. Made it very easy for people slightly unsure of Trump or annoyed with Trumps pandemic response to switch blue.

I don't think Bernie or one of the young pups like AOC or Harris would have had the same effect. Plus the further left you go the more Latino voters you lose

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Enquiring wrote: »
    Yes but the site owners pick people to moderate and decide what views are allowed and which should be banned. As you've said, it's pretty clear that there's a bias here.

I've moderated over 20 forums here.

No decisions are made beyond.. don't allow arseholes to derail threads. I mean, the forum charters are like a cheatbook, they TELL you want you shouldn't do.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Now, you can continue to deny reality and say 'oh it's only one person here and there', but you're very wrong.

Trump lost.

It really is that simple.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    As of September over 93% of the BLM and other left-wing protests have been peaceful and of those that included violence some of that was instigated by right wing agitators.

The bolded part of your statement is very applicable to you.

What kind of stat is that? How is 93% computed? Is BLM have a riot at an unauthorised demo, is that counted as part of the protests?

Anyway, take your figure at face value, 7% of protests turning violent is a pretty big number. Imagine 7% of Trump rallies turning into riots?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,480 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

elefant wrote: »
    Not all Trump supporters are white supremacists, but just about all white supremacists are Trump supporters. There is clearly a threat of violence from those Trump supporters.

You say this on the basis of what.. stuff you've heard from media?

The media love the drama. Most Americans are just ordinary decent people, not interested in rioting etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

The best is the "he got more votes than Obama!" medal that's been handed out.

Ignoring the fact that Biden has received the most votes ever.

More bombs then Obama.. check

More votes then Obama.. check..

MAGA wins the day!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I think its more likely the people just don't believe it.

I don't expect a civil war, I do expect a few nutjobs won't let it go.

I do expect at some point the GOP elders will intervene and advise Trump it's in his own best interests to accept the results.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement