Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

Trump lost.

It really is that simple.

And they are all, incl. his supporters (be it his worldview or his voters) are all desperatly trying to minimise it all.

Oh he wasn't a nice person, we never said he was, but he got some things done..

Ohh, no, no, not violent, no, that was the left, just 'peaceful guys with guns', no no, exercising they 2nd AR to stand on the street corenrs with big guns during an election. Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

You say this on the basis of what.. stuff you've heard from media?

Stuff that I've heard from the media? Are you really arguing in good faith that white supremacist groups aren't supporting Donald Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

Giblet wrote: »
    I've moderated over 20 forums here.

No decisions are made beyond.. don't allow arseholes to derail threads. I mean, the forum charters are like a cheatbook, they TELL you want you shouldn't do.

But you said there was bias here, didn't you? That bias shouldn't be removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

What kind of stat is that? How is 93% computed? Is BLM have a riot at an unauthorised demo, is that counted as part of the protests?

Anyway, take your figure at face value, 7% of protests turning violent is a pretty big number. Imagine 7% of Trump rallies turning into riots?

Read up on it here.

It makes for interesting reading if one is goes in with an open mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Graham wrote: »
    I do expect at some point the GOP elders will intervene and advise Trump it's in his own best interests to accept the results.
    I wonder if they will? It doesn't appear to be damaging the Republican party to have him ranting and raving, so perhaps better (from their perspective) to let him drag this through the courts and make it the Democrats problem. You don't want to be the Republican who Trump accuses of causing him to lose by advising him to concede, because you know he doesn't have the maturity to admit he lost without blaming someone else.

It's spineless, but if I was a GOP politician thinking of a 2024 run I'd say nothing much (look at Nikki Haley's tweet today).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

elefant wrote: »
    Not all Trump supporters are white supremacists, but just about all white supremacists are Trump supporters. There is clearly a threat of violence from those Trump supporters.

The most charitable thing you can say about Trump supporters is that white supremacy was not a deal breaker for them.

More bombs then Obama.. check

More votes then Obama.. check..

MAGA wins the day!

You're not allowed to discuss Obama's record with bombs here I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,071 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I think its more likely the people just don't believe it.

I don't expect a civil war, I do expect a few nutjobs won't let it go.

I do expect at some point the GOP elders will intervene and advise Trump it's in his own best interests to accept the results.

Quite a hopeful view. I suspect Trump will spew conspiracies, incite violence and this will drag on for weeks if not months. Apart from mutterings I doubt the GOP will lift a finger, they are terrified of Trumps support turning on them

• Advertisement

Woke up to see Biden winning GA with the gap closing in on PA too.. not looking good for Donnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Enquiring wrote: »
    You're not allowed to discuss Obama's record with bombs here I don't think.

says who?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

You say this on the basis of what.. stuff you've heard from media?

The media love the drama. Most Americans are just ordinary decent people, not interested in rioting etc.

The Trump fan who shot and killed 23 people in El Paso in 2019, for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,480 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Stuff that I've heard from the media? Are you really arguing in good faith that white supremacist groups aren't supporting Donald Trump?

I said nothing of the sort.

I said that most Americans are decent, ordinary people, not interested in rioting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

CountNjord wrote: »
    Whether Trump is an idiot or lacks a filter and say's what he likes and it's uncomfortable to digest.

His foreign policy and the fact that he didn't declare war on anyone else is a testament to his presidency.

Never before has the Korean peninsula been more peaceful, it's a bit dodgy with Iran at the moment still, but hopefully it'll stabilise.

Did Biden approve on Obama's decision to take out Bin Laden ???

It's suggest that he didn't...

For 40 years Biden hasn't made any impact on the political decisions in the United States.

If he gets in I wish him and the American people luck, because they'll need it.

What will Biden do for local industry ?

Will the textile industry go as well with Bidens policy, I don't think so.

Love Trump or hate him, he's a business man who's a loose cannon. He's not a politician but nobody likes a boss who's confident, brash and not afraid to be ruthless.

Can Biden supporters here tell me something great about Biden, besides saying he's not like Trump ???

I don't think so.

I'm not stating fact's, it's just my observation analysis.

I'll admit Trump say's things that are not savory to most people, but actions speak louder than words.

Mark my words, if Biden gets in it'll be because people don't like Trump and that's a really pitiful way to vote.

I'd prefer Jo Jorgensen to get in than Biden to be honest.

You lost, get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I really can't see that happening after the Dems not accepting the results for the last 4 years, this time it's not some Russian hoax it played out in broad daylight and it was American interference.

One...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

We have dementia Joe

Posts like this have been starting to creep back into the thread regularly.

Fair and final warning to everyone about this - comments like these, aimed at either Biden or Trump, are not allowed and will attract cards/bans as appropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,028 ✭✭✭Christy42

Multiple kidnap plots stopped. Potential attack on Philly center stopped. Note potential as they haven't been confirmed for planning an attack.

Plots used loosely since they are obviously bad at this terrorist thing which is about as good as you can say for these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5cxYF3hc60

is this fake genuine questiom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I really can't see that happening after the Dems not accepting the results for the last 4 years, this time it's not some Russian hoax it played out in broad daylight and it was American interference.

I dont suppose you have the proof of that assertion? Donnie doesn't seem to have it but maybe you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The Dems didn't accept the results of 4 years ago? When did this happen? You might be forgetting but Hilary conceded on election night 4 years ago. The only one who didn't accept the outcome 4 years ago was Trump - he couldn't accept he lost the popular vote and made baseless claims that 3 million votes were invalid. Even established a commission to investigate - turned up nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

I said nothing of the sort.

I said that most Americans are decent, ordinary people, not interested in rioting.

Okay. Read more carefully what you're replying to then.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Quite a hopeful view. I suspect Trump will spew conspiracies, incite violence and this will drag on for weeks if not months. Apart from mutterings I doubt the GOP will lift a finger, they are terrified of Trumps support turning on them

What can I say, I'm an optimist.

It is apparent the Trump camp are already looking around to see where some of their usual party cheerleaders have gone.

It must be getting awful lonely in the White House around now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Source?

says who?

The mods. Discussing Obama's record is not allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

What interference? Where is the evidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Trump getting slated and rightly so for undermining an election in a bogus and childish manner.
    “One of the most transparent elections ever” Tom ridge republican

Okay. Read more carefully what you're replying to then.

You choose to get angry about it. My post was clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,674 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

hmmm wrote: »
    I wonder if they will? It doesn't appear to be damaging the Republican party to have him ranting and raving, so perhaps better (from their perspective) to let him drag this through the courts and make it the Democrats problem. You don't want to be the Republican who Trump accuses of causing him to lose by advising him to concede, because you know he doesn't have the maturity to admit he lost without blaming someone else.

It's spineless, but if I was a GOP politician thinking of a 2024 run I'd say nothing much (look at Nikki Haley's tweet today).

The Republican party is hoping at this stage that Biden wins Georgia, Nevada and Arizona. Trump cannot contest then. If he scraped over the line on PA ballot only they would find it harder not to tell him to concede. It interesting that Trump has still not asked for a Wisconsin recount as he will have to put the cost 3-4 million dollars.

TBH it's done and dusted he bladdering away, dangerous bladdering but bladdering all the same

Slava Ukrainii

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement