Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

yermandan wrote: »

Didnt see yours before i posted, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

I'd vote for the guy who has experience in politics and who therefore knows how to get my job back. And I certainly wouldn't trust anything a guy who has history of lying about his wealth etc. says.

Good luck getting your job back with dementia joe. In fact, these two candidates represent all that is wrong with modern politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5cxYF3hc60

is this fake genuine questiom

I'm sure it is a very genuine question. Any twitter account that calls itself "The Truth" is bound to be above reproach. Here is a clue for you, honest people dont need to tell you they are honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I think we all know what Trump's end game is.

Supreme court.

I wonder if he Briefed Comey about this before he appointed her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

“Idiotic, unfounded attacks on democracy”
    Tom ridge republican

• Advertisement

Major news from Pennsylvania in minutes according to cnn

Go on Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

jaysus day 4! unreal. what a spectacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭crossman47

Just one comment: Nearly everyone can now see how awful a man Trump is but Americans will have to understand why people vote for him. A lot are suffering from income inequality and he spoke about solutions e.g. stop immigration, bring jobs back from China, etc. Even if he didn't do it, he has convinced his followers that the MSM are lying when they dispute his facts.
    Also, some Dems gave priority to issues like climate change and right to choose. They mean nothing to many voters or, indeed, actively repel them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Source?

They are interfering in their own elections? By voting? Is that it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Supreme court.

So would that render the opinion of the supreme court meaningless on the basis that their opinion reflects their political affiliation?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Supreme court.

If it was within a hair's breadth, absolutely. But the gap is too big, he has no case to make. She can't save him. Republicans will want to keep her nose clean until they need her to strike down something like Roe rather than get her mucky to salvage a guy they've clearly decided is deadweight now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,071 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Trump supporters are turning on Fox News now. Fox news is a right-wing propaganda machine run by Murdoch that literally cannot provide them the level of bull**** they need - so they are turning to even more extreme news channels. Incredible.

ElitesTeam wrote: »
    blue states faking votes

source?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

We have dementia Joe
    Posts like this have been starting to creep back into the thread regularly.

Fair and final warning to everyone about this - comments like these, aimed at either Biden or Trump, are not allowed and will attract cards/bans as appropriate

2 minutes later...
    Good luck getting your job back with dementia joe. In fact, these two candidates represent all that is wrong with modern politics.

Welp, that didn't take long, that's a card

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Don't agree with this at all

Whatever your personal feelings are about Biden I think he was the perfect Dem candidate for this election. Elderly statesman, sits just on the right of centre. Made it very easy for people slightly unsure of Trump or annoyed with Trumps pandemic response to switch blue.

I don't think Bernie or one of the young pups like AOC or Harris would have had the same effect. Plus the further left you go the more Latino voters you lose

right of centre ? really ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I dont suppose you have the proof of that assertion? Donnie doesn't seem to have it but maybe you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Graham wrote: »
    What can I say, I'm an optimist.

It is apparent the Trump camp are already looking around to see where some of their usual party cheerleaders have gone.

It must be getting awful lonely in the White House around now.

They have the movers to keep them company:

https://twitter.com/StefanoChase/status/1324160006971772928

blue states faking votes

Is that you rudi?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

cnocbui wrote: »
    I got done by a mod for asking someone to prove a claim they had made and was told not to challenge their subjective opinion they were claiming was fact.

You should sue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭crossman47

TomSweeney wrote: »
    right of centre ? really ?

Yes, thats about right.

crossman47 wrote: »
    Just one comment: Nearly everyone can now see how awful a man Trump is but Americans will have to understand why people vote for him. A lot are suffering from income inequality and he spoke about solutions e.g. stop immigration, bring jobs back from China, etc. Even if he didn't do it, he has convinced his followers that the MSM are lying when they dispute his facts.
    Also, some Dems gave priority to issues like climate change and right to choose. They mean nothing to many voters or, indeed, actively repel them.

It's the same arguments that led to the Confederacy and civil war, same arguments led to WWII, same arguments that led to Brexit.

Reagan started this current round of crappery in the 80s, you know MAGA.

Fiona Hill gave a good account of what happened in Russia when mining industry dwindled too.

The rust belts, the mining towns (US, UK, Russia) have massive problems that need solving, but it doesn't or shouldn't justify Trump.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

blue states faking votes

If there really are fake votes, the evidence will be presented to the relevant courts.

I'm not going to be holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Major news from Pennsylvania in minutes according to cnn

Go on Biden

Come on Man, it's been 10 minutes since yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

You choose to get angry about it. My post was clear.

Why do you think I'm angry?

I said there is indeed an obvious threat of violence from Trump supporters, some of whom are definitely white supremacists. You replied as if this was some sort of mainstream media hoax, because many Trump voters are just regular people.

This is obviously a complete non-sequitur, but I'm glad you've cleared it up as being a result of you not understanding, and not as a result of you trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

blue states faking votes

What about the red States that are now blue?

Or is it just the blue States.. but the blue States wouldn't need to fake votes?

i'll take that as a no then

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Supreme court.

You still need a coherent case to bring it before the Supreme Court. The SC doesn't make decisions based on their personal opinions. They still adhere to the law, but the law can twist and bend a little bit depending on the interpetation of the person who's reading it.

The supreme court's job is to be the final interpretation of the law and between the nine of them to come to a consensus on what the "official" interpretation is.

They won't just go off-piste and award an election to Trump unless there's a very compelling legal argument for it.

blue states faking votes

red states faking votes, here I am, stuck in the ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

More good news, Twitter have said that they will no longer consider him a "newsworthy individual" and that probably means that his account will get deleted the following days after Bidens inauguration and his next rage tweet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement