Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I heard they had 10k late votes to one side. Hopefully Biden crosses the line before they count those, so there's no doubt, but its still undemocratic to change the rules after people have voted

CNN just said those votes are set to one side, boxed, sealed and shrinkwrapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

ultrawoman wrote: »
    How many hours did he do on the trot yesterday? I followed him from when he came on at 3pm until 2am!! Wonder what time he finished. He's back earlier today!!!

Not sure but it seems like he's always the magic wall. Impressive AF!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

sdanseo wrote: »
    PA has a bit of a quirk to it.

The original law stated that mail votes had to be received by 3rd November.

That was changed very recently to postmarked by the 3rd, and received by today.

The Supreme Court (of the United States, not PA) refused to decide on the matter but three of the justices said they would review it. Which means those votes received yesterday, today and Wednesday could be tossed.

The question then becomes, is Biden's margin based on votes received by the 3rd big enough.

They haven't even counted those yet and the Secretary of State (I think that was her title) said yesterday that they didn't expect that there would be very many and certainly not enough to impact the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

sdanseo wrote: »
    PA has a bit of a quirk to it.

The original law stated that mail votes had to be received by 3rd November.

That was changed very recently to postmarked by the 3rd, and received by today.

The Supreme Court (of the United States, not PA) refused to decide on the matter but three of the justices said they would review it. Which means those votes received yesterday, today and Wednesday could be tossed.

The question then becomes, is Biden's margin based on votes received by the 3rd big enough.

The USPS - led by DeJoy - didn’t deliver mail-in ballots on time. Thousands of them were still “on route” on the 3rd. A federal judge had to intervene and set DeJoy an ultimatum to deliver them!
    This actually should be investigated.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,353 ✭✭✭✭walshb

PA update in 20 minutes

Hopefully Biden takes the lead..

18k behind officially

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

froog wrote: »
    i see ted cruz and lyndsey both essentially backing trump's nonsense. pathetic.

You can't say it wasn't well flagged..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

You can't say it wasn't well flagged..

You're better off asking yourself why it was being flagged? Donnie himself set up a commission to find voting fraud guess what was found?

Nothing. 😂

Edit: I've read comments about it going to SCOTUS and when it does Donnie gets 4 more years, its like he has stacked the court in his own favour to rig an election.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,591 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

endainoz wrote: »
    Id say they're expecting big news from Pennsylvania soon. Have the big guns out.

He's certainly earned the right to call the final result anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I heard they had 10k late votes to one side. Hopefully Biden crosses the line before they count those, so there's no doubt, but its still undemocratic to change the rules after people have voted

I thought they were talking in terms of hundreds, rather than thousands let alone tens of thousands?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

I'd guess they are all just a little bit smelly now given how long they've been up and in front of the screen :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

I wonder what the MAGA could do to show their displeasure with regards big tech interfering, maybe a boycott of it?

Best way to hit big tech like any other company that isn't doing you a great service, find another one.

They should just create their own but I don't think MAGA believe in science enough to be able to in anyway get involved in Big Tech :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You're better off asking yourself why it was being flagged? Donnie himself set up a commission to find voting fraud guess what was found?

Nothing. ��

We'll probably have 2 overriding memories of the Trump presidency (at least politically), protesters asking for different things in different states, and the overt way that Trump has been setting up stories, only to have his flock jump on them as if they're real.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

vojiwox wrote: »
    They should just create their own but I don't think MAGA believe in science enough to be able to in anyway get involved in Big Tech :pac:

they created Parler but it hasn't been a success. Milo Yiannopoulos has been complaining that he hasn't been able to do his normal grift on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

It's manipulation, what ever about voter fraud there was definitely interference by big Tech platforms. Dorsey was blaming the Russians for interfering when it was Dorsey himself.

You lost, get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

astrofool wrote: »
    We'll probably have 2 overriding memories of the Trump presidency (at least politically), protesters asking for different things in different states, and the overt way that Trump has been setting up stories, only to have his flock jump on them as if they're real.

It's like Brian telling his followers that they're all individuals. "Yes, we are all individuals!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

robinph wrote: »
    I thought they were talking in terms of hundreds, rather than thousands let alone tens of thousands?

There was a Democratic senator on CNN a few days ago (Bob Casey I think). He came across fairly level headed and he had no doubt whatsoever that Biden would win PA. He actually said the winning margin would be +100,000 when everything is counted and certified.
    He seemed sensible enough to realise there was nothing to be gained by this since the voting was over so why risk been publicly wrong in his home state. (or commonwealth only found that out)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You lost, get over it.

It's a long way until January 20th. Don't count your chickens before there inaugurated.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Trump's statement from the Whitehouse last night was like my essays when I had to reach a word count.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

We'll probably have 2 overriding memories of the Trump presidency

The stand out for me has to be the Presidents 'speech' from the White House last night.

Never before has one man managed to make the most powerful office in the world look so weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

He isn't doing it by mistake, this seems to me like a concerted effort, from announcing his "win" to a concerted effort to rile up the lunatics in the base..

All you have to do is listen to the ones for Donnie on the news, they are SCREAMING with all their heart felt passion trying to set that spark off. It's a desperately dangerous game they're playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

ultrawoman wrote: »
    How many hours did he do on the trot yesterday? I followed him from when he came on at 3pm until 2am!! Wonder what time he finished. He's back earlier today!!!

Can we get him to do the next Irish election?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

joe40 wrote: »
    There was a Democratic senator on CNN a few days ago (Bob Casey I think). He came across fairly level headed and he had no doubt whatsoever that Biden would win PA. He actually said the winning margin would be +100,000 when everything is counted and certified.
    He seemed sensible enough to realise there was nothing to be gained by this since the voting was over so why risk been publicly wrong in his home state. (or commonwealth only found that out)

Sorry, I was referring to the sealed and potentially late votes that have to be dealt with after 5pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It's a long way until January 20th. Don't count your chickens before there inaugurated.

the electoral college votes on Dec 14th. it is all over by then.

Did you end up putting that bet on that Trump would win Georgia? The margins are so tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,591 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Are your hands not sore from all that straw grasping?

they're*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I think they rolled out the big guns early on CNN expecting Penn to go blue, but the reporter in Philadelphia just said she is expecting no more than around 5000 votes to be added in the near future.

Bet they all go back to bed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Is Paula White still striking the ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

So it looks like Donald will be relying on Amy to try and win the election for him. It would be striking if Amy does not do his bidding. He will probably say she was bought off. Maybe Donald will blame Mitch for having her appointed so swiftly:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

It's all over. Don't be a sore loser like your leader.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement