Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

We've had four good years of watching the lefties cry, entirely worth it, hope your few weeks of false hope matches it.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

So, about those postal delays under Trump's Postmaster...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/11/05/usps-late-ballots-election/#click=https://t.co/MbKWDga965

"USPS “processed 94.5 % of ballots on time [the expected rate is 97%],” but in the “9 postal districts spanning 5 states — AZ, NV, PA, NC & GA — that have yet to decide the presidential race, the on-time rate was 84.6 %.”

So, altogether now - postal delays were about 10% worse than average in...

Arizona
    Nevada
    Pennsylvania
    North Carolina
    Georgia

... All states where Biden's mail ins are having dramatic effects late in the day.

Funny how that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

We've had four good years of watching the lefties cry, entirely worth it, hope your few weeks of false hope matches it.

stop-posting.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

robinph wrote: »
    I thought they were talking in terms of hundreds, rather than thousands let alone tens of thousands?

I thought I heard that last night but could well be wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

"illegal votes" - says Trump.

Where is his evidence the votes are illegal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 WicklaWolf

hmmm wrote: »

My favourite thing to come out of this election. Paula White can seriously keep a beat to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

Come on Man, it's been 10 minutes since yesterday.

attachment.php?attachmentid=531990&d=1604667185

• Registered Users Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Go yell at the sky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

You lost, get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

sdanseo wrote: »
    No, it needs to be federalized and made a standard procedure across the country so as to remove doubt. Part of the reason Trump's supporters are swallowing his absolute tripe is the fact that all 50 states seem to have different, overly complex rules, many of which are devoid of logic.

It'd be great to have it standardised but I'd imagine it'd take quite a bit of effort and co-ordination.

Fact is, there is no evidence of the actual mechanics of the system not working. It seems to be working perfectly from everything I'm seeing and hearing. It's just Trump's lies and water-muddying that are causing the problem. In an operation this big, no matter what is used, a loose cannon like Trump will always be able to find some suggestion of a problem or at least give the impression of some sort of problem because of the amount of hearsay and nutjobs around. I genuinely don't think there is an actual issue with vote counting.

The Electoral College as a method of deciding the election is a whole other conversation though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

The Trump campaign have set up a voter fraud hotline in a last ditch attempt to try and find some sort of evidence. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Not sure if this has been posted but it's good. Paddy Power fan denial

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1324669287072759808?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Graham wrote: »
    The Trump campaign have set up a voter fraud hotline in a last ditch attempt to try and find some sort of evidence. :rolleyes:

that numbers gonna be trolled HARD.

Some people in Doonbeg in Clare is rooting for a Trump win. WTF?

Trump is a good businessman, I'll give him that much but that's all he is. He was pig ignorant as a president and a leader of a country. Like his biggest problem this year was Tiktok - in the middle of a global pandemic where many of his people got sick and unwell and died and suffering from long covid.

Hopefully he will lose the presidency and it's looking likely he will but that's not going to effect his position as a businessman much and his business in Doonbeg.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

froog wrote: »

Oh I do hope so.

Several hundred thousand reports of no evidence of fraud please. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

DeanAustin wrote: »
    It'd be great to have it standardised but I'd imagine it'd take quite a bit of effort and co-ordination.

Fact is, there is no evidence of the actual mechanics of the system not working. It seems to be working perfectly from everything I'm seeing and hearing. It's just Trump's lies and water-muddying that are causing the problem. In an operation this big, no matter what is used, a loose cannon like Trump will always be able to find some suggestion of a problem or at least give the impression of some sort of problem because of the amount of hearsay and nutjobs around. I genuinely don't think there is an actual issue with vote counting.

The Electoral College as a method of deciding the election is a whole other conversation though.

Oh for sure, the EC needs to go. Archaic nonsense.
    Unfortunately a constitutional amendment in the USA needs cross party support, because it needs a supermajority in the Senate AND 38 states have to ratify it. (chicken and the egg.. referenda should also be popular vote)
    And Republicans will never support it while they are consistently losing just about every Presidential election on popular vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

tenor.gif?itemid=3483489

• Registered Users Posts: 17,979 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Did that big update from Pennsylvania come in the end? Someone said earlier there was something due around half past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

So, about those postal delays under Trump's Postmaster...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/11/05/usps-late-ballots-election/#click=https://t.co/MbKWDga965

"USPS “processed 94.5 % of ballots on time [the expected rate is 97%],” but in the “9 postal districts spanning 5 states — AZ, NV, PA, NC & GA — that have yet to decide the presidential race, the on-time rate was 84.6 %.”

So, altogether now - postal delays were about 10% worse than average in...

Arizona
    Nevada
    Pennsylvania
    North Carolina
    Georgia

... All states where Biden's mail ins are having dramatic effects late in the day.

Funny how that works.

Ah yes, but THATS not "voter suppression", I'm sure "Barking Don" has a different sound byte description for that one . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

DeanAustin wrote: »

The craziest thing about that is the possibility (limited i know) that at the end of it all, the Electors are real people who could change their vote!

Why does there need to be actual people doing it - why not just change it from Electoral College votes to 'Election points' and 270 points wins the election.

• Advertisement

is she taking votes from Biden or from Trump?

Mostly from Trump. Probably enough to have made him lose.

Echoes of the Green Party's Jill Stein in 2016, whose total combined vote in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin was more than the gap between Clinton and Trump in those states.
    Twice in the past five elections, the Green Party may bear responsibility for changing the outcome of a presidential election. Despite Jill Stein garnering less than a third of the votes that Libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson received, Green Party votes were indeed the difference in three Rust Belt states. In Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, President-elect Donald Trump’s margin of victory was less than Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein’s vote count. A difference of about 80,000 votes determined the outcome in these three states.

Mr. Johnson won far more votes but polls suggest he drew nearly equally from Mr. Trump and Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton. This cannot be said for Ms. Stein’s voters, who would have likely been almost exclusively Democratic voters. The difference this year dwarfs the 537-vote deficit that cost then-Vice President Al Gore Florida and the presidency in 2000, but it is still real.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/gdpr-consent/?next_url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.washingtonpost.com%2fopinions%2fgreen-party-votes-made-the-difference-in-the-presidential-election%2f2016%2f12%2f05%2f68899908-ba38-11e6-ae79-bec72d34f8c9_story.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

froog wrote: »

Speaking of call trolling- the best troll call ever is this one:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

"Hello? Hello? Yes, my name is Ronald Krump and I saw one hundred libtards... sorry, Democrats, stuffing papers into a ballot box in Atlantis.... no, sorry, Atlanta "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

owlbethere wrote: »
    "illegal votes" - says Trump.

Where is his evidence the votes are illegal?

They're going against him = so naturally theyre illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Did that big update from Pennsylvania come in the end? Someone said earlier there was something due around half past.

It'll be here in 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Oh I do hope so.

Several hundred thousand reports of no evidence of fraud please. :)

Watch the Water

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Don junior has taken on the rants on Twitter .. senior hasn’t sent a tweet in 5 hours or more.
    Junior on a mad one

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

The stand out for me has to be the Presidents 'speech' from the White House last night.

Never before has one man managed to make the most powerful office in the world look so weak.

Very much so. The office of president appeared weaker than I've ever seen it and and so did the man himself. For a grown man to rationalise looming defeat as "I was winning until they counted the opponent's votes" can only be described as pathetic.

osarusan wrote: »
    The craziest thing about that is the possibility (limited i know) that at the end of it all, the Electors are real people who could change their vote!

Why does there need to be actual people doing it - why not just change it from Electoral College votes to 'Election points' and 270 points wins the election.

Or just scrap it altogether and let the national, democratic vote decide the outcome?

• Advertisement

They're going against him = so naturally theyre illegal

:pac: 🤣

He's a bad man

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement