Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

Too incredible..

405633fcc51684ef.jpg

Here you go. Lump it all on something that's 500/1 so you can feel a bit better. https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-ps5-bet-on-man-city-b-liverpool-at-paddy-power-3580266

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Too incredible..

405633fcc51684ef.jpg

There's safety in numbers . . .

. . . not.

You're right of course, many of us should be more hands-on regarding the local buffoons.

Trump is in a different league though, our "cute hoors" have an instinct for rolling with the downs ( faux humility ), just as well as with the ups ( faux humbleness ).

He got away with it in business for so long its probably ingrained in him at this stage to always think he is right.

I assume with Trump gone its good news for Huawei ?

Imagine the inauguration ceremony..

200 people in circles..

Media saying he has more than trump had..

Are you making the same mistake Sweet.Science did? Are you not permanently threadbanned and your 24 hours ban was for Current Affairs as a whole?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Too incredible..

<MAGA RALLY SPREADER EVENT>

Don't forget that Obama/Biden had the bigliest crowds ever, and can summon them at will :)

crowd_split_social_y.jpg

And had to downsize his arenas after this embarrassement

1000.jpeg

of course there is only one thing left for him to do now:
    110522_exit.jpg?auto=compress%2Cformat&q=90&fit=crop&w=1440&h=720

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

joe40 wrote:
    They have a republican senator on their panel. Granted they don't like Trump but how could you possibly defend his actions over the last 4 years and especially him throwing America electoral system under the bus and stoking up hatred.
    I despise Trump, called him losing on Wednesday morning when he was strong favourite.
    I'm just saddened how a great news network has become so biased.

Dohnjoe wrote:
    It's still possible Trump could win..
    No it's not, actually I'll do that like Trump.

NO IT'S NOT!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

The US Secret Service has increased its security detail around Biden in anticipation of him becoming President.
    More US Secret Service agents have been sent to Wilmington, Delaware, in anticipation of a potential Joe Biden presidential win, CNN has learned.

The extra Secret Service agents were sent to Delaware Thursday, two sources said, with one law enforcement source telling CNN, “This was anticipated.”

Some context: Upon a presidential win, the USSS detail for a president-elect would get larger and mirror the size and scope of a president's. Additional airspace security measures are also implemented, a source familiar with USSS protocols said. A team for Biden has been on standby since last week, the source said.

“This is as expected. It’s actually a little bit delayed. It’s not telegraphing any specific concern,” a senior law enforcement official said. The bolstering of security typically happens on election night, the official said, but USSS has played it "cautiously" as the agency does not want seen as making a decision on the election.
    On Wednesday, CNN observed additional security assets in Biden’s motorcade consistent with Presidential entourages that are equipped to handle a wide variety of threats and situations and are not part of the typical secret service teams a candidate receives, in addition to Biden’s original detail.

A USSS spokesperson declined to provide additional details, telling CNN, “For operational security reasons, the Secret Service cannot discuss specifically or in general terms the means, methods or resources we utilize to carry out our protective mission.”

This was first reported by Washington Post.

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-biden-election-results-11-06-20/h_7d1064c26bc6bb949489a14c15f932eb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

He got away with it in business for so long its probably ingrained in him at this stage to always think he is right.

I think so too, then the world stage was less forgiving of him.

Many successful people from successful dynasties attribute their success to their "charm" and "decision making prowess" when it's really down to pure chance, and, as you mentioned, "getting away with it".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The below from the Guardian, looks like it will be one of the main Republican avenues of attack if/when Biden takes PA
    It always looked likely that there was going to be considerable legal action around this election. Pennsylvania has been at the heart of a lot of it. John Yoo has an op-ed over at Fox News, outlining the case that means there is going to be a question mark over that Pennsylvania result when it eventually comes. He writes:

"The mail-in ballots received between Tuesday and Friday this week in Pennsylvania and accepted under the order of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court could decide the winner of the presidential race in that state, even if the winner prevails by a very small number of popular votes.

It is at this point that Trump has a strong case pending in the US supreme court. His campaign and the Republican Party of Pennsylvania can challenge the vote in the state on the grounds that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court unconstitutionally interfered with the state legislature’s sole authority over the time, place, and manner of federal elections and over the selection of presidential electors."

That’s the crux of it. If the supreme court decides the extension was unconstitutional, then all the ballots that arrived between 3 November and 6 November will be struck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The US Secret Service has increased its security detail around Biden in anticipation of him becoming President.

They should be more worried about the Trojan horse he's pushing.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭McHardcore

I assume with Trump gone its good news for Huawei ?

Good question. I would not be surprised if a Biden administration keep it going. I also think that they might keep the trade war with China going too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

McHardcore wrote: »
    Good question. I would not be surprised if a Biden administration keep it going. I also think that they might keep the trade war with China going too.

Are you for real...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

eagle eye wrote: »
    I despise Trump, called him losing on Wednesday morning when he was strong favourite.

Props for saying it how it is in contrast to the petty commentary from the other anti-trumpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Its basically tabloid TV now .
    Its the hypocrisy of these people that annoys me the most.
    For example Cuomo preaching his propaganda on tv yet doing the exact opposite himself
    https://www.insideedition.com/cnns-chris-cuomo-under-fire-for-allegedly-not-wearing-mask-in-apartment-building-62604

• Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I'd say they're just delighted to be getting away from the odorous baby turtle they've been forced to cover for the last 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    It's still possible Trump could win..

GA - the absentee military ballots mostly go to Trump and he takes it (quite possible)
    PA - Biden comes close but doesn't catch Trump
    NC - Trump has that one in the bag

and Nevada, when Biden is only 12k ahead, flips against him

The joker is Arizona which could also go against Biden.

0UOFd9y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Christy42

I mean how do you want them to call the mad rants at this point? Should we have people on arguing for the crazy people shouting the end is nigh on street corners? The next time NASA have a rocket launch should we have someone on CNN arguing the moon isn't real? That is Trump's level right now (different conspiracy theories obviously, he has promised a moon base so likely at least believes in the moon).

If Republicans shift to politics and less conspiracy theories they will be more balanced. Less playground insults etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

And for those four years we were repeatedly told that such behaviour only occurs on the left. That's been shown up for the nonsense it is over the past few days. Toys being thrown from prams in spectacular fashion by the right-wing snowflakes.

The MAGA tears are delicious.

Not at all, Due to covid the way Americans vote has changed in a way it has never been in the history of America, the new system is open to manipulation the republicans was some transparency but are been blocked at every turn, why? if things are above board and the Dems have nothing to hide then let the republicans see that they lost by letting them watch the counting.

Truth is the Dems are actually terrified of the Trump camp finding something that might re-elect Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,010 ✭✭✭✭briany

To put this simply,

Donald Trump politicised the pandemic and has thus far led his followers to believe that it was, if not an outright hoax, then severely overblown.

He knew that Democrats and generally those who were opposed to him were listening to the opposite messaging - that it is serious, that you should follow the public health guidelines.

He also knew that the above people would be most likely to vote disproportionately by mail in order to reduce the spread of infection waiting in long lines with other people.

So, the strategy, then, is to undermine the postal vote while maximising his support on the day.

He is not stupid, or at least not too stupid to listen to those advising him. There is a clear, evil logic to what he is trying to do.

He is failing. That is great news.

It's not so great that a huge amount of Americans are still falling for his patent bullsh*t, but at least there are many more who aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    The below from the Guardian, looks like it will be one of the main Republican avenues of attack if/when Biden takes PA

These votes havent been counted and I don't think they're included in the outstanding tallies and there's also not that many so if Biden pulls ahead by the 50K+ that he's expected to those votes won't make a difference one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Its the hypocrisy of these people that annoys me the most.

source.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Dems have congress

And interestingly ....the senate is no longer under gop control either totally..its dems 46 gop 48 ..with a number of leftest leaning independants. That could change tho....but it won't be like it was before for the gop.

Its basically tabloid TV now . Its the hypocrisy of these people that annoys me the most. For example Cuomo preaching his propaganda on tv yet doing the exact opposite himself .
    So now we're going after King Cuomo's brother. Worried about 2024 already.

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Enquiring wrote: »
    Watching CNN, it's looking like Biden is closing in and moving ahead in a number of states. I'm not a member of twitter so don't know what you mean?

you said "twitter appears biased" - that was all I was referring to, sorry.

Thousands of pages of posts here of people all excited that Donald Trump is been thrown out in a country over 4 thousand miles away. Yet we had buffoons like cowen and ahern here and hardly a squeak about domestic politics. :confused:. Probably less likes on the twitter, baords and facebooks posts for Irish politics.

Well we've had thousands of pages of posts happy with him being elected in the first place and the same in the run up to now claiming he'd get a second term.
    But now it's time to deflect from all those posts and ignore him for some posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Not at all, Due to covid the way Americans vote has changed in a way it has never been in the history of America, the new system is open to manipulation the republicans was some transparency but are been blocked at every turn, why? if things are above board and the Dems have nothing to hide then let the republicans see that they lost by letting them watch the counting.

Truth is the Dems are actually terrified of the Trump camp finding something that might re-elect Trump.

Sweet jebus, they have observers, the dems have observers, the electoral commission have observers, some of the states are run and administered by republicans......... Time to think about replacing the tinfoil hat for something warmer.

• Advertisement

Christy42 wrote:
    I mean how do you want them to call the mad rants at this point? Should we have people on arguing for the crazy people shouting the end is nigh on street corners? The next time NASA have a rocket launch should we have someone on CNN arguing the moon isn't real? That is Trump's level right now (different conspiracy theories obviously, he has promised a moon base so likely at least believes in the moon).

If Republicans shift to politics and less conspiracy theories they will be more balanced. Less playground insults etc.
    When I was watching it last night there was a panel of five, four clearly biased and a Republican.
    I was shocked at the Republican, he seemed quite fair. He's obviously biased but he was pretty honest about things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement