Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Game set and match

Good entertainment

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Fox News don’t have the heart to follow thru with calling the Presidency for Biden obviously ... Trumps team must be still bouncing around White House in anger after they called Arizona :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Donald Trump:

Me win 2016, it nice, it good
    Me lose now, it nasty, it bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

The Trumps are now at level "Fuhrerbunker"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

paddythere wrote: »
    0UOFd9y.jpg

More petty posting.

Noone ever said Trump was going to win by a landslide, maybe some bullish posts on here but in general it was Biden that was predicted to win by a landslide. I said Trump would win in a similar fashion to last time, i.e by a bit.

It's extraordinary how badly Biden did in comparison to the polls thus no one is in any position to gloat. When Clinton beat Bush to oust him from the White House he got 370 electoral votes, that's what you call a landslide.

This election was called for Biden mainly because of a supposedly overwhelming anti-Trump vote, because of a rejection of him as a person and his manner. One cannot say looking at the stats that there was any truth to this whatsoever with Biden winning it by a margin of 1% in some states or less and no landslide. So carry on listing the worst hits of Trump but none of that is why he lost evidently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

sdanseo wrote: »
    Oh for sure, the EC needs to go. Archaic nonsense.
    Unfortunately a constitutional amendment in the USA needs cross party support, because it needs a supermajority in the Senate AND 38 states have to ratify it. (chicken and the egg.. referenda should also be popular vote)
    And Republicans will never support it while they are consistently losing just about every Presidential election on popular vote.

I think the idea behind the EC is good (i.e. giving every state a voice) but the system itself is now outdated. I saw someone post on here that you could win 23% of the popular vote and get elected in theory. Actually, Sinn Fein won 24% here and a lot of people claimed they should have been in office on that basis so maybe we should switch to EC...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

irishfeen wrote: »
    Fox News don’t have the heart to follow thru with calling the Presidency for Biden obviously ... Trumps team must be still bouncing around White House in anger after they called Arizona :)

They will. They've been surprisingly pro Biden, depending on whos on.

Rumours when Trump loses (which he has) hes setting up his own news network so they're softening their stance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

You lost, get over it.
    You lost, get over it.
    You lost, get over it.
    You lost, get over it.
    You lost, get over it.
    You lost, get over it.
    You lost, get over it.
    You lost, get over it.

Seriously, stop now or it's a threadban

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Hillary got 83% of the vote in Philadelphia in 2016, Biden is currently on 81% of the vote. There is ZERO evidence of any dodgy shenanigans as claimed by the Trumpists here. Where Trump is down is in the suburbs surrounding the large cities - so it makes sense that he was banging on about the suburbs during the campaign - his team knew he was in trouble in the suburbs and those people were turning away from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Space around Biden's house now a no fly zone.

Secret Service being bulked up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I gotta say I wouldn't be ready to concede North Carolina yet. All the networks have pretty much given it to Trump.
    Trump holds a healthy 77, 000 lead but there could be 130, 000 votes yet to count, all mail ins. There's a guaranteed 116, 000.
    If Biden hits 75% of them it's really tight. If there's another 14, 000 he wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Graham wrote: »
    STOP THE COUNT :D:D:D

d5qj96uw3jx51.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

Graham wrote: »
    STOP THE COUNT :D:D:D

Best twitter response to that was 'This isn't Transylvania, it's Pennsylvania'.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Donald Trump:

Me win 2016, it nice, it good
    Me lose now, it nasty, it bad

Don't forget that he was claiming fake votes in 2016 as well because Hillary dared to beat him on the popular vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

AllForIt wrote: »
    More petty posting.

Noone ever said Trump was going to win by a landslide, maybe some bullish posts on here but in general it was Biden that was predicted to win by a landslide. I said Trump would win in a similar fashion to last time, i.e by a bit.

It's extraordinary how badly Biden did in comparison to the polls thus no one is in any position to gloat. When Clinton beat Bush to oust him from the White House he got 370 electoral votes, that's what you call a landslide.

This election was called for Biden mainly because of a supposedly overwhelming anti-Trump vote, because of a rejection of him as a person and his manner. One cannot say looking at the stats that there was any truth to this whatsoever with Biden winning it by a margin of 1% in some states or less and no landslide. So carry on listing the worst hits of Trump but none of that is why he lost evidently.

"If you count legal votes, I win easily"
    - Donald J Trump (5/11/20)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

trump received nearly 90% of the vote in 1 county in Wyoming and over 80% in many others.

Some counties have less than 10k people in them, compared to 500k plus in counties with major cities like Philly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

The Nal wrote: »
    They will. They've been surprisingly pro Biden, depending on whos on.

Rumours when Trump loses (which he has) hes setting up his own news network so they're softening their stance.

I bet you they will let MSNBC, AP, CNN or ABC call it first so they aren’t the ones to end it officially :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

irishfeen wrote: »
    87% in any democratic vote is massive... it’s beyond a landslide in urban areas for Biden.

But it isn't specifically "Urban" , it's Urban Democratic party voters who voted by Mail because Trump told all his supporters not to do it.

The Urban vote overall will probably more like 60:40 Democrat , but it's not remotely surprising that the "Urban Mail-in Vote" is massively skewed blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Looks like it's going to be too big of a victory for the Donald's court nonsense to have any hope of working. Good. Another couple of months of his sad little rants and he'll finally crawl back into the hole he slithered out from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

For all the criticism of Biden been uninspiring, if he gets Georgia, Penn, Nevada and Arizona, would that not be a fantastic achievement for a Dem candidate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Will Biden win a second term
    He's said he'll be a one term president, then it's Kamala's turn to run for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Enquiring wrote: »
    Theres not bias, everyone is free to post, it's just there's more people who post for Biden instead of Trump.. Like the election
    We weren't discussing posters.

Discuss in to the feedback forum if you wish, anything else along these lines in the thread is off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    The below from the Guardian, looks like it will be one of the main Republican avenues of attack if/when Biden takes PA

So Republican's want to put an end to democracy (what little democracy they have that is) in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭Polar101

hmmm wrote: »
    I wonder if they will? It doesn't appear to be damaging the Republican party to have him ranting and raving, so perhaps better (from their perspective) to let him drag this through the courts and make it the Democrats problem. You don't want to be the Republican who Trump accuses of causing him to lose by advising him to concede, because you know he doesn't have the maturity to admit he lost without blaming someone else.

Most Republicans are likely to accept a result of a democratic election. The party might not stop Trump's ravings, but they aren't likely to fully support him either. For the same reason Trump running again in 2024 as a Republican candidate sounds very far-fetched, if he loses this election the party will be looking ahead and not clinging on to Trump. He has a lot of die-hard supporters, but it's not like Republicans haven't won elections even when Trump wasn't running.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

This is ridiculously exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Some counties have less than 10k people in them, compared to 500k plus in counties with major cities like Philly.

and the 87% was a from similarly small number of votes from an urban area where democrats voted by mail-in in large numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Its why your self perception isn't always real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

joe40 wrote: »
    For all the criticism of Biden been uninspiring, if he gets Georgia, Penn, Nevada and Arizona, would that not be a fantastic achievement for a Dem candidate.
    It might be a good thing to have a dull 4 years after the last 4 years' entertainment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement