Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

biko wrote: »
    Sounds like a modern version of "psychopathological mechanisms of dissent".

Except that the first study was in 1999 and it mainly deals with stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

biko wrote: »
    Sounds like a modern version of "psychopathological mechanisms of dissent".

I love how ignorant and lacking in knowledge sense your posts are.

First you confused Election Interference with Fraud and now you strike again.

Brilliant, I look forward to your next nugget of ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭noelfirl

The fact that the Secret Service is being fully stood up around Biden and a national air defence zone has been declared over his house tells you all you need to know about how 'America-the-institution' will deal with this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

This is ridiculously exciting!
    Only because the result seems to be going the way most posters want!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Go on Biden you have him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

is_that_so wrote:
    He's said he'll be a one term president, then it's Kamala's turn to run for it.
    Cuomo in '24. Guaranteed win, don't take any chances.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

AllForIt wrote: »
    More petty posting.

Noone ever said Trump was going to win by a landslide, maybe some bullish posts on here but in general it was Biden that was predicted to win by a landslide. I said Trump would win in a similar fashion to last time, i.e by a bit.

It's extraordinary how badly Biden did in comparison to the polls thus no one is in any position to gloat. When Clinton beat Bush to oust him from the White House he got 370 electoral votes, that's what you call a landslide.

This election was called for Biden mainly because of a supposedly overwhelming anti-Trump vote, because of a rejection of him as a person and his manner. One cannot say looking at the stats that there was any truth to this whatsoever with Biden winning it by a margin of 1% in some states or less and no landslide. So carry on listing the worst hits of Trump but none of that is why he lost evidently.

Well.......

As it currently stands he's on track to win all the States the polls said he'd win , Florida was always in toss-up territory and given that there are suggestions that the USPS "lost" upwards of 300k mail-in votes there , it might have been a lot closer.

When the counting is over , I don't think they are going to be a million miles away from the Popular Vote % either.

They definitely underestimated Trumps Strength , but it's not looking like they got the Biden vote strength all that wrong if you look at the % of totals they were projecting at the State level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

eagle eye wrote: »

It's Kanye's to lose in 2024.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Why can't Trump go to the White House anymore?

Because it's For Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

Fox will get off the hook for having called Arizona too early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

noelfirl wrote: »
    The fact that the Secret Service is being fully stood up around Biden and a national air defence zone has been declared over his house tells you all you need to know about how 'America-the-institution' will deal with this situation.

Didn't end well for the last catholic president....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

I think there's going to be riots for a long time over this. America is a disturbing place, obviously, the majority are just getting on with life but there are enough nutters to really kick things off. I hope not but things seem to have been simmering for a long time and it could be about to explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Not even close to guarantee to getting the nomination.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

He's too abrasive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

is_that_so wrote: »
    Only because the result seems to be going the way most posters want!:)

Only because it wasn't a blue wave, but more just squeaking over the line (although the final EC votes will likely flatter in the end >300)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

joe40 wrote: »
    For all the criticism of Biden been uninspiring, if he gets Georgia, Penn, Nevada and Arizona, would that not be a fantastic achievement for a Dem candidate.
    It is fantastic, the Dems would have taken your hand off at the beginning of the year if you told them they would have a candidate who could beat an incumbent President who increased his vote from 2016.

The Democratic party have not had a good election - they've gone backwards in Congress, they haven't won the Senate. There doesn't appear to have been much appetite for "progressivism". Biden pulled them over the line in the Presidency by moving to the center and his team kept their eye on the key states.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Cuomo is very "noo yawk" though, don't know if that'll fly in the south and Midwest......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

trump received nearly 90% of the vote in 1 county in Wyoming and over 80% in many others.

Some counties have less than 10k people in them, compared to 500k plus in counties with major cities like Philly.

Not even close to guarantee to getting the nomination.
    Yeah that's my worry. He's a guaranteed winner if he gets it.
    Nobody else I'm aware of right now is a guaranteed winner. Maybe Joe Kennedy.
    What this election has shown us is there is a huge amount of idiots in America. You couldn't trust them to elect a woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It'll be John King for 2024 at this rate.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

He's said he'll be a one term president, then it's Kamala's turn to run for it.

Where are you getting that “?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

You lost, get over it.

Would you ever grow up?

Drunkmonkey is hard to stick but this childish pish is just annoying. Ironically enough, it's very Trumpish.

Edit, I see the Mods beat me to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

So pleased I cashed out on my 225 euro bet on Paddy Power when I did :pac::pac: betted on Trump winning.

Made a 70 euro profit after election night and we were heading into the morning at this point, thanks Paddy Power :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭Polar101

Graham wrote: »
    The Trump campaign have set up a voter fraud hotline in a last ditch attempt to try and find some sort of evidence. :rolleyes:

I saw it with my own two eyes, someone voted Biden. Clear evidence of fraud!

Wouldn't want to be taking calls on that hotline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

wes wrote: »
    So Republican's want to put an end to democracy (what little democracy they have that is) in the US.

I wouldn't say that, but they know which way the wind is blowing.

Yes, this race was close in parts. But in the cold light of day, the facts show Trump got around 5 million more votes than he did last time around (a fantastic achievement for his campaign really). It was as close to maximum as he could have done in fairness to him. Yet he will still lose the popular vote by around 5 million votes.

5 Million more votes is not insignificant in the slightest. There are clearly more Democrats in the US than Republicans. This has been borne out in the popular vote for a good few elections now.

They've flipped 6 states in this election. Florida and North Carolina are relatively close contests too. Texas was close for a while. The changing demographics of these states look to be leaning blue for the future.

Furthermore, this is one the back of a Democratic party in an identity crisis, while Biden, hardly the most inspiring figure, looks to have won the presidency (at the moments anyway).

Trump or Biden, the democrats have the majority of voters, and demographics would suggest it's support is only going to increase.

If the democrats ever got their act together and started rowing the boat in the same direction, the Republicans would be destroyed really.

So they'll tip the scales in their favour where they can until the can figure out how to become more than just, for the most part anyway, the 1950's white guy party.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

It's becoming very clear that there is no evidence of any voter fraud. The patterns emerging are that in the the core urban arears Biden did about the same as Hillary in 2016. In the rural areas Trump did as well and often better than 2016. The big difference is in the suburbs around the core urban areas.

I had a look at Utah (solid Republican) - in 2016 Hilary got 42% in Salt Lake City and suburbs. Joe Biden has 56% there. Obviously Trump will win the entire state but he lost the suburbs bigtime. Unfortunately Trump and his sycophants won't accept that but the results show the clear pattern is repeated across the country. He lost the suburbs which is why he spent an inordinate amount of time focusing on the suburbs during the campaign - his team knew he was doing badly there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

He's too abrasive.
    hynesie08 wrote: »
    Cuomo is very "noo yawk" though, don't know if that'll fly in the south and Midwest......

Eh...Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

RobitTV wrote: »
    So pleased I cashed out on my 225 euro bet on Paddy Power when I did :pac::pac: betted on Trump winning.

Made a 70 euro profit after election night and we were heading into the morning at this point, thanks Paddy Power :D

Everyone likes an aftertimer

• Advertisement

RobitTV wrote:
    So pleased I cashed out on my 225 euro bet on Paddy Power when I did

Made a 70 euro profit after election night and we were heading into the morning at this point, thanks Paddy Power
    Can you show us the bet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement