Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Polar101 wrote: »
    Doctors say Trump has a 50-50 chance of winning, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that.

He clearly has a 50-50 chance, he either wins or he doesn't, 50-50.

Science.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

is_that_so wrote: »
    Trump is fine for the GOP, Cuomo is not well liked in Dem circles plus there's the rising left tide in the party, which will push gender and minorities.

Which would lose them the WH in the US right now...

If the Democrats want to consistently win in the Senate and indeed win the WH with the ease that they win the overall popular vote , they absolutely MUST find a way to connect with voters outside the Urban/Suburban areas.

For all their merits , AOC et al are not that connection.

Look at the Senate and House races - They did pretty poorly because they don't have a message to reach those voters.

Equally - The GOP will never take back the house unless they find a way to connect with Urban voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭newhouse87

madalig12 wrote: »
    Republican ran areas refused them permission to do so...in order that what has happened,would.

ah right didn't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's not from today. He has said it over the campaign.

He didn’t though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭briany

Faugheen wrote: »
    There’s a reason why Republican legislatures in these states had it so Mail-ins would be counted last.

It can't be the same reason as Donald Trump wanted them to be counted last, because the GoP are largely staying silent while Donald Trump rants on about how the postal votes must be fraudulent because they lean so heavily Dem.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

newhouse87 wrote: »
    dont get how this is exciting, from wed morning it was obvious biden had it, they really should have counted mail in first, then trump wouldnt be whingeing so much.

It was all part of the strategy. Republicans in Pennsylvania refused to allow early counting of the mailed in ballots. They knew what they were doing....WaPo predicted this weeks ago:

October 26th: If Pennsylvania Republicans do the right thing, they might avert an Election Day disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Polar101 wrote: »
    Doctors say Trump has a 50-50 chance of winning, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that.

That comes off nine times out of ten :)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

Watching CNN here, talking about Biden being a leader and a hero. Can't be just me, I'm not impressed with Biden at all. I'm not an expert but I would say his victory is more down to people wanting Trump out more than wanting Biden in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

From Twitter..

“Fox News is instructing its talent not to call Joe Biden the "President-elect" when the network calls the race”

Ridiculous stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Enquiring wrote: »
    Watching CNN here, talking about Biden being a leader and a hero. Can't be just me, I'm not impressed with Biden at all. I'm not an expert but I would say his victory is more down to people wanting Trump out more than wanting Biden in.

We will take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Once inaugurated Biden is going to be the most popular US President in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

irishfeen wrote: »
    From Twitter..

“Fox News is instructing its talent not to call Joe Biden the "President-elect" when the network calls the race”

Ridiculous stuff...

So petty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It's been quite a ride.

Liberals in meltdown
    VicMackey1 wrote: »
    For or against him, we can all look forward to the meltdowns if Trump wins!
    I agree. I'm not a huge Trump fan myself but it'd be worth another four years of Trump just to see the looks on the faces of the usual suspects in CNN - Blitzer, Cuomo, Lemon and so on, and the ensuing meltdown there, especially after they were so sure Biden would win.
    Pat Kenny almost in tears on Newstalk just now.

They never learn.
    dalyboy wrote: »
    CNN anchors will be grabbing their Kleenex tissues any minute now.

It’s going to be a tears waterfall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Donnie first single, kinda catchy I may buy it.

https://twitter.com/Rawan_RG2/status/1324724698723328003?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Yes. Looking at the house and senate races this was more of a referendum on Trump (hence the massive turnout).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

He is dying a very slow death. I thought this would be well over by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Which would lose them the WH in the US right now...

If the Democrats want to consistently win in the Senate and indeed win the WH with the ease that they win the overall popular vote , they absolutely MUST find a way to connect with voters outside the Urban/Suburban areas.

For all their merits , AOC et al are not that connection.

Look at the Senate and House races - They did pretty poorly because they don't have a message to reach those voters.

Equally - The GOP will never take back the house unless they find a way to connect with Urban voters.
    Yeah, I think the Dems have their work cut out to find a path to enough voters. I suspect Kamala will play a big part in manage that bunch of feral cats.

I feel like he was the beige compromise candidate that was needed to play it safe and win. Rather than appealing to one group of people massively, it's more a case of his not turning off a larger group - like Hilary Clinton did.

The next election will be fascinating. Whether the Republicans carry on down the Trumpism route and whether Biden stands again .

• Advertisement

We will take it.

Yes, anyone instead of Trump but still, he's not very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This crowd have any legitimacy?
    I know nothing about them but how anybody trusts Twitter sources is being me. Between agendas and lies it's a cesspool.
    And while we all know how it's going to go there's still enough votes for it to change so too early to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mikefromcork

Isn't that what happened in 2016?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

It's been quite a ride.

AlphaDelta already closed their account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

Edit, posted mobile version first that doesn't show up on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

irishfeen wrote: »
    From Twitter..

Ridiculous stuff...

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

The butthurt on Fox is hilarious, votes nullified by coronovirus abuse apparently,

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Once inaugurated Biden is going to be the most popular US President in history.

Oh yes, but as I said, I think the increased vote is more down to wanting Trump out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

MadYaker wrote: »
    He is dying a very slow death. I thought this would be well over by now.

I'd say it must be absolutely killing Trump with the pace of his protracted demise.

I picture many things being flung around the White House :D

• Advertisement

There is a delicious ironic beauty in Mike Pence losing his job to a woman.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement