Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Yes, yes you should.

Fine, I'll crack open the most appropriate one.... Molson Canadian.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

rosser44 wrote: »
    It's a sad indictment that the candidate that gets the most of the citizens to vote for them does not win the election.

The EC is a joke

i agree. the only consolation is it does make for a more exciting event.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Black Hawk Down

Feeling great too! That blue wave has finally arrived :D;)

Really? Where?

You must have been another one of those folks who believed the polls? I've got a bridge to sell you! Mind the gap! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

Fox News projects DJT to win Texas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Ohio called for Trump, CNN
    205 Biden 132 Trump

• Advertisement

It's been a very crazy tight race. I know we've all been polarised over the last few years. Let's keep it nice lads. I'm tired.

Really? Where?

You must have been another one of those folks who believed the polls? I've got a bridge to sell you! Mind the gap! :pac:

Tower bridge isn't London bridge, or is that the joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Ekerot

Fox News calling Hawaii a win for Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 83,490 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

"Atlanta won’t finish its count tonight. Election workers in Fulton County, who were counting absentee ballots, went home for the night. A water line break delayed the count." - New York Times

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scot_in_Dublin

Whichever of them win, I would hope that there will be work across the aisle on some of their policies. There were a group of women candidates from both sides on ABC News earlier and it was refreshing to see that while they may not agree on all things they are willing to work with each other come what may.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cave_dweller

Really? Where?

I'll take that bridge off of you. Could you sell me your tears too so I can have a river to go with my bridge :D:D:P:P

rosser44 wrote: »
    It's a sad indictment that the candidate that gets the most of the citizens to vote for them does not win the election.

The EC is a joke

It's a federal union of states...

If the EU evolved a bit, it might come to be something like it. That's the way I'd rather it to be anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cave_dweller

Whichever of them win, I would hope that there will be work across the aisle on some of their policies. There were a group of women candidates from both sides on ABC News earlier and it was refreshing to see that while they may not agree on all things they are willing to work with each other come what may.

The democrats results in this election and 2016 shows that they have a huge disconnect with large parts of the American electorate. Particularly in rural settings. It's shocking that a candidate like Trump can connect with them better than dems candidates. There is a huge amount of work to do for 2024 because that will be a battle and I don't see Biden winning it unless a lot of things go his way.

Idaho to trump CNn

205 Biden
    136 Trump

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Black Hawk Down

I'll take that bridge off of you. Could you sell me your tears too so I can have a river to go with my bridge :D:D:P:P

Why has the well run dry from 4 years ago? ;)

Don't worry the pollsters will all be crying, as they're out of a job now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Biden is favourite with the bookies for Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Minnesota and Arizona, but Trump is still marginal favourite overall? I suppose the thinking is that Trump just needs a couple of upsets and he has it. I don't see it. For most of these battleground states, the opposite of what happened earlier is happening now. The early votes were counted first in the Southern States giving Biden a lead which Trump quickly gobbled up. In the NOrthern States, the early votes are being counted last and Biden is starting to eat into Trumps early lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

So Biden can still win if he gets two of michigan, pa, and wisconsin? Sounds doable...especially as mail ins still to be counted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

It will get down to vote counting and even if Biden wins legit the R's won't believe it, why should they. Those pollsters and talking heads are all part of the political class, utterly failed in polling yet again. How it is all the movie stars, talk show hosts, social media , celebs and news networks are so slanted yet Trump is still competitive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Well, well, well. Biden still in it in Georgia. Still a lot of Atlanta votes to be counted.

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1323855314588979200

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

The democrats results in this election and 2016 shows that they have a huge disconnect with large parts of the American electorate. Particularly in rural settings. It's shocking that a candidate like Trump can connect with them better than dems candidates. There is a huge amount of work to do for 2024 because that will be a battle and I don't see Biden winning it unless a lot of things go his way.

Biden won't be running in 2024 tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Dante7 wrote: »
    Well, well, well. Biden still in it in Georgia. Still a lot of Atlanta votes to be counted.

wow sh!t - that would be huge!

A lot of urban vote to come in there esp Atlanta metro.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Biden in to 11/10, trump 8/11

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Large number of votes in and around Atlanta yet to be counted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Idaho to trump CNn

205 Biden
    136 Trump

Huge, absolutely huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

It will get down to vote counting and even if Biden wins legit the R's won't believe it, why should they. Those pollsters and talking heads are all part of the political class, utterly failed in polling yet again. How it is all the movie stars, talk show hosts, social media , celebs and news networks are so slanted yet Trump is still competitive

Because they won't be the ones counting the votes.

Seems pretty straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Huge, absolutely huge.

only 4 EC votes, far from huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,490 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

531686.PNG

How the projections look if that is true.

That would be the last thing Trump could afford to lose to eke out a win.

Numbers from other broadcasters?

Edit, I see the same on Sky, 205 to 136

145 to 233 on al jazera3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Because they won't be the ones counting the votes.

Seems pretty straight forward.

What does that mean though. According to the forecasts Biden should have won 3 hours ago

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

As predicted by knowledgeable posters like myself and a select few others Biden was an incredibly weak candidate. Tonight proves that without doubt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement