Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

After a Portland city council voted (swing vote) against a bill to remove a portion of funding for police antifa descended on his house.

Armed police had to attend

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1324581011255042048?s=20

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1324585479170269185?s=20

But are they officially classified as a terrorist organization?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

hmmm wrote: »
    CNN anchor with a big grin on his face as he says "you mean, the loser?" after one of his guests mentioned the "candidate who will not win this election".

Jake Tapper HATES Trump. It's gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

He's more right-leaning than many of the other possible candidates and should be able to build some bridges with moderate Republicans.

I think Joe Biden is a good man, but I think he is too good. They tried that during Obama's admin and it failed. The Republicans are even worse now, then they were back then. Any moderates would have left in disgust a long time ago. IMO, he would be wasting his time.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    jesus..... cal thomas is blowing a fcuking gasket on the last word..... real "toys out of the pram" stuff

I'll be listening back to that. YES!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

After a Portland city council voted (swing vote) against a bill to remove a portion of funding for police antifa descended on his house.

Armed police had to attend

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1324581011255042048?s=20

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1324585479170269185?s=20

Mod

Get back on topic or don't post in this thread again.

• Advertisement

DubInMeath wrote: »
    But are they officially classified as a terrorist organization?

Mod

You too

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Make democracy great again

I think you mean 'Make democracy mediocre again'.

I'll be glad to see Biden win but i just saw CNBC cut off Trump mid speech saying "we're interrupting the President's speech because what he's saying in large part is not true".

Let me decide that, as the viewer. Let me hear what the President is saying, true or not. Don't treat me like a fcking imbecile. The US media are an absolute disgrace, this fusion of entertainment and news is just something I can never warm to.

CNN get criticised for showing all of his speeches. You can't win with some people.

Trump is talking bullshít almost 24/7. CNBC are under no obligation to show it.

Get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

Get back on topic or don't post in this thread again.

Fair call. I will delete

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

they seem like tough nuts down in philly. not taking any bull****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭lemonTrees

J2CVC wrote: »
    Well we did end up with Donald Trump as US President. Maybe it's time to stop airing lies on the news.

We'd have no politicians ever speak then.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,846 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jake Tapper HATES Trump. It's gas.

I do cringe a bit though when he refers to Trump's children as "his spawn".

I dislike them at the best of times, but hearing it on a news channel just comes across poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

It's great how Trump isn't just going gently into the good night. It's nice to watch him and his cronies/fans squirm against insurmountable odds.

lol "president should put his big boy pants on"

- philly mayor jim kenny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Jaysus this woman in philly can barely get her sentences out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

I did delete that post for backseat modding. My bad if I didn't get all the quotes.

Both of you stop bickering or don't bother posting in this thread again.

Great stuff, thanks for confirming and did you delete earlier posts made by yourself in relation to calling Trump a baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

wes wrote: »
    I think Joe Biden is a good man, but I think he is too good. They tried that during Obama's admin and it failed. The Republicans are even worse now, then they were back then. Any moderates would have left in disgust a long time ago. IMO, he would be wasting his time.

With the way the election turned out Biden will have no power anyway. In the states he will be reduced to spin and image building. He might be able to do something with foreign policy but can’t see him bothering.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Biden now up 12.5k in PA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Time for the networks to call this election - what are they waiting for? Biden is clearly going to take Penn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Underground

CNN get criticised for showing all of his speeches. You can't win with some people.

Trump is talking bullshít almost 24/7. CNBC are under no obligation to show it.

Get over it.

Do they? I thought they get rightly criticised for giving Rachel Maddow carte blanche to use their platform as her own personal soapbox.

I get it, you don't like Trump. I don't either. No obligation to cover his speech? He's the incumbent president in the midst of a neck and neck election count for the office of leader of the free world, why would you not cover that as a reputable media outlet? Regardless of whether the candidate is a moron or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,692 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

jackboy wrote: »
    With the way the election turned out Biden will have no power anyway. In the states he will be reduced to spin and image building. He might be able to do something with foreign policy but can’t see him bothering.

Would Trump have had any more power?
    Did Trump have any more power for the last 4 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,725 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

jackboy wrote: »

He has the house and control of the budget, he'll be able to do plenty.

He can also undo all of Trump's executive orders.

Penn wrote: »
    I do cringe a bit though when he refers to Trump's children as "his spawn".

I dislike them at the best of times, but hearing it on a news channel just comes across poorly.

5 years of pent up frustration; I'm okay with the cathartic expressions.

Let them at it for the week.

Enquiring wrote: »
    Great stuff, thanks for confirming and did you delete earlier posts made by yourself in relation to calling Trump a baby?

Mod

Don't post in this thread again.

hmmm wrote: »
    Time for the networks to call this election - what are they waiting for? Biden is clearly going to take Penn.

they drag it out until primetime i'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Hawkeye9212

astrofool wrote: »
    He has the house and control of the budget, he'll be able to do plenty.

He can also undo all of Trump's executive orders.

The Senate has a say on the budget as well. All he can do is undo Trump's executive orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I'll be glad to see Biden win but i just saw CNBC cut off Trump mid speech saying "we're interrupting the President's speech because what he's saying in large part is not true".

Let me decide that, as the viewer. Let me hear what the President is saying, true or not. Don't treat me like a fcking imbecile. The US media are an absolute disgrace, this fusion of entertainment and news is just something I can never warm to.

This attitude has been the most concerning development in the last few years because it affects everything else. Like with all the precedents, it starts out with the worst case and everybody assumes once they are dealt with then things go back to normal but no it continues to move the intellectual goalposts and the power concentrates.

Adults now want to be shielded from the truth (now you're thinking 'but donald lies', yes and he should be corrected and we all make up our minds). I'm surprised at how most really can't remove the emotions of the moment and realise it isn't going to be good. People seem to be satisfied that because any law around freedom of speech isn't broken it means that the principle can't be eroded, especially when they willingly hand over that power to a couple of corporations.

Everything is fine if you support the establishment candidate, ignoring that these are the candidates that have continuously destroyed the middle class, owned by Wall St., etc. a lot of people were vocal and angry about it up until Biden was nominated. It will be next to impossible for someone other than the Wall St. republican or democrat to get elected ever again, so careful what you wish for with centralised control of information and even truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭dasdog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,051 ✭✭✭endainoz

I think the Joe will have a difficult job ahead of him to undo the damages caused by his predecessor. Rejoining the WHO, The Paris Climate Accord and do something to restore the laughable image of America across the world.

A certainly more difficult task will be dealing with a pandemic that is entirely out of control, and the his real legacy could be how he handles the deep racial divide that obviously still exists in America. That will be a huge task in itself and we'll have to wait and see how it's handled.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement