Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

It's always the late counts and states that throw things into ambiguity, the Democrats have corruption and voter fraud down to a tee.

Thought you said late accounts there for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

There are plenty here who believe it.

I don't worry about people like that.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Morning so whos looking like there gking to win

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

The average wage in the US has risen 8k since Trump was elected. That is what gets votes. We can berate all we like, if we saw a similar result in our ar$e pockets we’d re-elect the same government too, let’s not be precious about it.
    I don’t like his policies and the way he has treated immigrant families at all, but as in all things, people just think from a selfish viewpoint what’s in it for me? And that is what influences their vote. We call it parish pump politics, they call it maga.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Morning so whos looking like there gking to win

Biden or Trump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,517 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

60-40 Trump would be my call on the current undecided situation. We won't know for at least a week. There are five or six states that cannot be declared until all these mailed in ballots arrive, get counted, and in some cases litigated. The totals of more decided states are about equal.

My belief is that there won't be any sense of who won this election for at least a week, possibly longer. And then there will be some suspense around any legal challenges and if the presumptive result is very close, the behaviour of electors -- last time, seven out of the 540 votes cast were not as authorized by the state governments (those individuals are known as "faithless electors.") Now in 2016, five of those seven were committed to obvious loser Hillary Clinton and had some latitude to fool around, which is what they did, with votes for marginal or non-existent candidates.

Two of the faithless electors were pledged to Donald Trump. If this happens again in a very close election, it will promote a political crisis over several weeks ending only with the decision then made in the Congress.

Anything could happen in this volatile situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Biden or Trump
    Who looking more likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

This election is over.

Donald j trump has done it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

Donna Brazile on Fox " I believe every vote should be counted. "

Also " I believe every debate question should be leaked to my parties Candidate ".

screamer wrote: »
    The average wage in the US has risen 8k since Trump was elected. That is what gets votes. We can berate all we like, if we saw a similar result in our ar$e pockets we’d re-elect the same government too, let’s not be precious about it.
    I don’t like his policies and the way he has treated immigrant families at all, but as in all things, people just think from a selfish viewpoint what’s in it for me? And that is what influences their vote. We call it parish pump politics, they call it maga.

The average wage can be heavily skewed by high earners. Is the ordinary person better off, or are already wealthy people getting a bit more wealthy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Whoever wins it's a bad result as it would appear the will win by a tight margin, so divisions will continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Devastating result if Trump wins. I can’t believe it. What IS wrong with so many of the American public?

The rural poorly educated were always going to vote for him. There's no helping these people and unfortunately there's enough of them to make the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,186 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Even if that gowl gets another 4 years, this is a pleasant distraction from 24/7 Covid news.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

This election is over.

Donald j trump has done it again.

Isn't it usually standard to count the votes first?

Who looking more likely

Trump if you ask Trump supporters. Biden if you ask Biden supporters. Anyone giving a neutral take seems to be of the opinion it's too close to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Trump in Florida by 10%+ was my favourite, poster claimed it was their job to figure this out and all.......

Can you imagine

You kept me honest through this whole thing . Appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

The average wage can be heavily skewed by high earners. Is the ordinary person better off, or are already wealthy people getting a bit more wealthy?

Record low unemployment

I don’t know, but it’s average working people who are supporting Trump the most, so I’d presume they’ve seen benefits from his term in office.

This Trump speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Trump is a rambling clown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Maybe instead of relying on dodgy polls/surveys, the left should have got out and rolled up their sleeves and actually campaigned properly to get people's votes? Maybe they should have knocked on millions of doors like the Republicans did?

Oh, that's too obvious isn't? Too old school for the so-called clever clogs on the left, who think they're so much smarter than all those silly Trump voters! Egg firmly on face of the Dems and the lefties in general. They've been outsmarted by Trump yet again! ;)

Meh seems Dems thought actual policies were important instead of hashtags, empty pages and rabble.

The Dems majorly overestimated the American voters and it turns out simply knocking on a door with a free hat/pen is enough to secure a vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Georgia has two BIG dem counties to come in yet Trump says he won the state.

The rural poorly educated were always going to vote for him. There's no helping these people and unfortunately there's enough of them to make the difference.

You’d be very surprised to know that well educated urban dwellers support him in droves too, they just keep quiet about it, hence the polls being so very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

When the global media is controlled by a satanic cult they will continue to attack him daily. Luckily enough people in America realise the mass produced media is corrupt and dishonest so no point in voting for their chosen politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Does trump know that the election isn't over?

Georgia has two BIG dem counties to come in yet Trump says he won the state.

And he's the one who keeps babbling about fake news.

I don't expect his supporters to notice the hypocrisy, or care about it if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

This is a crazy speech

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scot_in_Dublin

And he's calling fraud and now saying taking it to the Supreme Court and trying to end further votes being counted. Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

pjohnson wrote: »
    Meh seems Dems thought actual policies were important instead of hashtags, empty pages and rabble.

The Dems majorly overestimated the American voters and it turns out simply knocking on a door with a free hat/pen is enough to secure a vote.

Either side as bad as eachother. The Democrats are a corrupt bunch. Either side is essentially ran by corporate lobbyists, Americans never win.

Beverly Hills, California

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is the election still a fraud if trump wins?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement