Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scot_in_Dublin

I didn't mean to come across as rude if I did. I just didn't see the news. Thanks

No worries! Didn't take it that way at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Trump has a decent lead in 3 states which total 46 electrocal votes. That would bring him to 259.

He would win with North Carolina.

There's 7 states up for grabs, Trump needs 4.

I am seeing the same - seems clear to me he will win...Not sure what others are seeing??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Black Hawk Down

Still think something big is going to happen .

Donald didn't give that speech for nothing

He knows a big scam is coming from the Dems

This was expected following the analysis of how this would play out

If they try to cheat Trump out of this election, you could see a lot worse than some trashed businesses and defaced statues. Those guys are amateurs, compared with what the right will do if they believe they are being shafted.

I never took talk of civil war in the US seriously before. I always thought it was just the stuff of post apocalyptic sci fi movies. But things are reaching boiling point over there.

Hopefully it does not go that far. There are no winners in those types of conflicts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I was way off anyway! I didn't see where he'd get the votes from outside his base and increased turnout but it's impressive how Trump has polled.

Still difficult to call. Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Milwaukee are the high populated Democrat-leaning areas that are underreporting compared to their state as a whole but it's a big gap so it's fascinating to see this play out.

Can't call it either way for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Bertie talking sense on Newstalk

2020 what a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

If they try to cheat Trump out of this election, you could see a lot worse than some trashed businesses and defaced statues. Those guys are amateurs, compared with what the right will do if they believe they are being shafted.

I never took talk of civil war in the US seriously before. I always thought it was just the stuff of post apocalyptic sci fi movies. But things are reaching boiling point over there.

Hopefully it does not go that far. There are no winners in those types of conflicts.

You mean if they count every vote? You Trumpists hate democracy don't you. Why are you so afraid that every vote would be counted?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

He has the smell of a man who knows he's going to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Hurrache wrote: »
    But it's ok to call our president a hobbit and double down on it telling people to look at rugby games for proof?
    That's the posting standard to drag ourselves to?

Mod

If you have an issue with a post report it. As you can imagine there are a lot of posts to go through for the mods. In the meantime sort your own posting.

Dont respond to mod notes on thread. If you have an issue please pm me. Respond on thread again and it's cards and or a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

If they try to cheat Trump out of this election,

The only cheating going on is from Trump. Declaring victory before all the votes have been counted is dictator territory but I guess you're okay with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ah they're on the radio saying that the mail in ballots are majorly blue.

Sure they were saying Biden was miles ahead in the polls too. :)

And if they're wrong, then so be it. But they have to be counted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ah they're on the radio saying that the mail in ballots are majorly blue.

Sure they were saying Biden was miles ahead in the polls too. :)

Well in fairness they do know the registered party of the people who requested mail in ballots and the difference in parties between in person and mail in votes doesn't really seem to be widely disputed.

For me, it's not clear he will win but I don't think "number of paths to victory" matters.

Looks like to me he is winning in 5 of the last 6 states...Hope I am reading this correctly....Biden is up in Nevada which only counts for 6 anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

The map on the Guardian website is shocking, with an overwhelming sea of red states. Not looking good for Biden.

Just seeing the Trump speech now. He sounds worried, that's not the actions of a man who is confident he's won.

Pence having to come on after him and row back on what Trump just said was pretty jarring too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Georgia looks to be pulling red if anything.. Dunno what NYT is at.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,898 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The map on the Guardian website is shocking, with an overwhelming sea of red states. Not looking good for Biden.

That’s not how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Trump is hilarious, he wants them to stop counting votes in Pennsylvania, where he’s ahead but to keep counting in Arizona, which he’s lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Ugh i was hoping for this to be over one way or the other. How many more days can we expect this to run on for ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ficheall wrote: »

Mail in ballots are not in yet. They'll be the decider.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Looks like to me he is winning in 5 of the last 6 states...Hope I am reading this correctly....Biden is up in Nevada which only counts for 6 anyway...

Mail ballots still to be counted which have been swinging Democrat mostly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Declaring victory and going to court. How has this tantrum throwing moron picked up so many votes.

Plenty of skeletons in the closet. Trump is absolutely terrified of losing the presidency.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

1) Trump is a very strong favorite to win. He’s just too far ahead in PA/WI/MI, and what happened in OH suggests those leads will hold up.

2) Because he’s so far ahead the Democrats are going to come under immense pressure to concede, probably by the end of the week.

) The argument that somehow a magic cache of mail-in ballots will be arriving... eventually... will sound worse and worse as the days pass.

4) The question is if Biden has the guts to stand up to the crazies who will try to stretch out the process hoping to delegitimize Trump

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1323900866030690308

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Trump is hilarious, he wants them to stop counting votes in Pennsylvania, where he’s ahead but to keep counting in Arizona, which he’s lost!

He also mentioned something about his winning margin in Texas not being "tabulated". Maybe he think it's PR and he can transfer?! I'm not sure he understands how it all works.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Biden might just crawl over the line with the postal votes.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

What's a good alternative to the electoral college?

It's not perfect but at least all areas of America get represented. Leaving it to popular vote would mean the major cities would decide it every time.

Proportional representation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Ficheall wrote: »

Almost all the votes remaining to be counted in Georgia are in the Atlanta area, including mail in votes, which would break heavily to Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I don’t rate Biden at all but I’m bored sick of trump

If the Dems want to get this over the line I just hope they’ve got good lawyers in the key states

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scot_in_Dublin

The fact you guys still are convincing yourselves sleepy Joe will win

Bless

I can show you my research and analysis . It's over

I'll bite. Which of the presidents polices from his re-election campaign are the ones that stand out to you?

Dozyart wrote: »
    Mail ballots still to be counted which have been swinging Democrat mostly

Thank you....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If this was say south America people would be calling for UN observers to make thier reports pronto. With the talk of sanctions. Donald trump is a populist dictator in the making.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement